Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times

Advertisements

This week's dinner items of note will include one particular night that will offer a huge surprise....... and even I don't know what it is yet. The reason is that there's a new Market Street location that is opening about three miles from my apartment right here in Lewisville, TX. They open up for the first time on Wednesday. The likelihood is I'll be going on Thursday to select my dinner from the cafeteria-style food stations there, with items ranging from traditional to gourmet. I will keep you posted later on whichever selection I pick, and that basically is today's surprise. Also ahead are salisbury steak, grilled chicken, pasta with Prego traditional tomato sauce, and possibly some chicken taquitos.

Hope everything goes okie-dokie at your dinner table all week long, and bon appetit!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Home at last; got a fair bit done on the income statements, and even resolved one of the balance sheet variances I found yesterday, so it was a good afternoon spent. Just as well, since I have class on both Monday and Wednesday nights this week, and won't be able to stay late at the office.

Spouse got the grocery run done while I was gone, bless him, and even remembered wiper fluid! Now I can see through my windshield - woo-hoo.

We borrowed carlitasway's suggestion of migas (from the frugal meals thread) for supper. Spouse found some nice 'maters at the store, amazingly enough, and he's dicing them up for pico de gallo to go on top. The kitty is sitting on the radiator immediately behind him, prrrrrouwing loudly in his ear, begging for bites of tomato - I have never known a cat who likes tomato, but we can't leave fresh tomatoes out anywhere he can find them, or he'll eat them all.

Getting ready for the deep freeze this week, as I know our Minnesota and Indiana neighbors are, too. I hear that we're due for high temps around zero on Tuesday through Friday, with overnight lows in the 20's below zero. Wind chills at night are forecast as low as 40 below. Brrrrrrrr...... It'll be a puffy-coat week for sure, and a comfort-food week too.

Be safe out there, all, and those of you in line for the Arctic blasts heading our way, stay warm!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:52 PM

48,125 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Tonight was 4 way chili.....that is a bed of spaghetti, a couple ladles of chili, cheeses (in this case velveta and shredded chedder) and topped with chopped raw onions. It was really delicious! It was exactly what I was craving! We were both pretty happy with it.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
DH is outside BBQ-ing rib steaks as I type, enjoying the 67 degrees and late afternoon/early evening sun. The twice baked potatoes are just about ready. I sauteed some fresh eggplant, added stewed tomatoes and garlic to it, and have that simmering til the steaks are done. With the addition of couple of slices of raw onion to have with the steaks, dinner will be perfect.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:02 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
DH is outside BBQ-ing rib steaks as I type, enjoying the 67 degrees and late afternoon/early evening sun. The twice baked potatoes are just about ready. I sauteed some fresh eggplant, added stewed tomatoes and garlic to it, and have that simmering til the steaks are done. With the addition of couple of slices of raw onion to have with the steaks, dinner will be perfect.
Now that's the way to go. Love a good steak!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
I had sooooooooo much fun this AM pushing ice & snow around I was all funned out. Settled for a simple dinner of sausage, peppers & onions and oven fries on the side.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Almond tea cake with butter. My roommate bought it the other day and left it in a corner. I ate the rest while she wasn't looking...

Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
Good Evening Everyone! As usual everyone's dinner sounded so good. We went out to get our spoiled brat her Gourmet Solid Gold dog food today and stopped at a quaint cafe for bloody mary's and brunch. h got his $9.99 worth and then some. I had a delicious cup of tomato, cream cheese basil soup and 1/2 smoked turkey and pepper jack sandwich on marble rye bread while we leisurely watched the giants/eagle game. Dinner tonight was lasagna that I had in the freezer from New Year's and some crusty bread too full for a salad, it all turned out well.

MWBW-your cat loves tomatoes, our brat jumped on the counter yesterday after I had made a cup of tea and was running around the house with a 1/2 of lemon. Gotta love these critters.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
The kitty is sitting on the radiator immediately behind him, prrrrrouwing loudly in his ear, begging for bites of tomato - I have never known a cat who likes tomato, but we can't leave fresh tomatoes out anywhere he can find them, or he'll eat them all.
Heehee that's funny! I had a golden Labrador who loved cabbage and broccoli stalks - he'd wag non-stop till he got some of the cruchy bits

Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Report on cornish hens-have never made them before tonight and won't do again. Much marinating, much basting with separate sauce-not much results. Rice and veggies were great!

Hugs and nite all. Big hunk of beef for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink