Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Thank-you to everyone who was so kind in writing me well wishes on here and sending DM's!!! I can't list all of you... my toofer hurts too much to write down everyone's names and then post them.... SORRY!!!

My tooth is still in my head and it still hurts, but not too, too bad.... I have an appt. tomorrow at noon.... the dentist is going to do a root canal and then BUILD a tooth right on my existing tooth!!!! WOW!!! I said WOW!!!! when his assistant told me how much it was going to cost too... hahahaha But I like to eat, so I need me some good toofs!!!

I never cooked my chops last night. I ended up eating the mexican dip I'd posted a few days ago, so tonight's my chops and pilaf night!

See ya tomorrow!!

Thanks again!
Oofdah (MN saying) and best of luck!

Slow cooked hunk of rump was so good-with parsnips, carrots, onions-lots left for tomorrow.
It's so below zero here and 40 below by the morning. Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Has anyone heard from bebette?

Lacey- How are your knees? I hope the tylenol worked today.

Good night all. KyleXY is on. Gotta go.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Anything that lacey has recommended to me has been wonderful. And the low and slow method she uses makes it all work so well!! I have never had a recipe from lacey that wasn't the best!!
I will second that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-one of ours needs some prayers.

Kelsie's daughter has been hospitalized plus she and her family have another family member who is quite ill-please take a few and pray for them. Noma has put something also in the Prayers,Invocations in Chat.
I'm on it!

Jaxon - thank you so much for your posts/updates! I really appreciate that you can actually retain all the info and respond! Usually by the time I click on post, I have forgotten all that I want to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you all for encouraging me in my weight loss. I would like to lose 10 more pounds and I will be a very happy camper. I figure if I post my Monday weigh ins you will all help me stay on track. Thanks all.
So now I have this "huge" pot of soup on the stove and it's only two of us. I call it the exploding pot syndrome. I do the same thing with salads.
Who else is guilty of this?
Ok, I have seen your picture and you are a great size!

Also. I cannot make "small" soup! It starts out in a decent sized pot, and then I have to break out the really tall one! I cannot make "little" soup!!!! I just thought it was me! LOL Actually, my family loves it since I can then freeze many (MANY) bags of soup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I don't even know why they make pots smaller than 6 quarts...
That's right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
younglisa7...I've got the "exploding pot syndrome" too, but it has more to do with my pants not fitting since the holidays..
Too Cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Looks like simple dinner tonight...Tomato soup and grilled cheese...Hard to go wrong with that.
No doubt! One of my favs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I can't make small batches of soup, spaghetti sauce (gravy to Lacey), or goulash. Just can't do it.
Good to know I am not by myself!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,960,276 times
I am new here...

I am having fish fillets and rice for dinner!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,793,604 times
Quote:
Woofers- Yum. I love cabbage. Give me a New England boiled dinner anytime and I don't even need the corned beef.
Quit spreading these vicious rumors....corned beef is never optional.

I had a late lunch, so tonight's dinner was a bowl of malt-o-meal with some bacon bits and I tried sweetening it with maple syrup instead of sugar. It tasted pretty good.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Has anyone heard from bebette?

Lacey- How are your knees? I hope the tylenol worked today.

Good night all. KyleXY is on. Gotta go.
I thought she posted in the Cozy Inn CC thread...Yesterday I think...

Dinner tonight had a last minute change. No cheese sandwich. Peanut butter stuffed celery instead...some french fries too. What a combination but I'm not hungry...Tomorrow will be better...

Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Interesting combo Nomad!

Praying for yours and kelsie's families too.

We didn't feel like leftovers, so BF is on his way home with tamales, beans, and green chile. YES!!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Lacey, Thanks for the recipe, it was verrrrrrrrrrrrry good indeed! I also took a loaf of brown and serve French bread, sliced it and then put a slice of Roma tomato on each topped with grated fresh romano cheese and tossed ‘em under the broiler.

SKBS, I’m glad I could make you chuckle! Anything for a fellow foodie in pain.

Kelsie, hope things work out ok for your family, we’re thinking of y’all.

Younglisa, I quit making soup just for that reason, well, almost quit since I did make that HUGE pot of potato leek last week that’s now in the freezer. Oh wait, was that exploding pot on the stove or on exploding pot above my belt?

Debsi, I hate to say my DW got a box of Sees from her boss for Christmas. The reason I hate to say it is 1. It’s gone 2. It wasn’t all mine (though she did share) and 3. It was only a one pounder…

Dxiweodwo, Welcome to the foodie capital of C-D!!!! Pull up a chair and stay awhile and jump on in when the mood hits!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
I am new here...

I am having fish fillets and rice for dinner!
Welcome to a great thread started by cyn. Lots of really great people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Quit spreading these vicious rumors....corned beef is never optional.
Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I thought she posted in the Cozy Inn CC thread...Yesterday I think...

Dinner tonight had a last minute change. No cheese sandwich. Peanut butter stuffed celery instead...some french fries too. What a combination but I'm not hungry...Tomorrow will be better...
Thanks Nomad. Love the combo.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
We had rice and tacos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink