Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 01:20 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Will do!!!! And if it isn't I know I am screwed right?
Well maybe it's better if it isn't -- because then you'll know what's wrong! And that is such a relief! It seems like half the women I know are on thyroid meds. OK, maybe 1/4 of the women I know.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
chicken stew marinated for 3 day sin wine n garlic.
Ok Huckleberry - This is the second time you posted this today. Now you must hand over the recipe!! Please!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:07 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,558,936 times
I think what I'll do tonight is I'll make beef tips and noodles, spinach casserole, and squash. Dessert will just be some fresh strawberries.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
I think what I'll do tonight is I'll make beef tips and noodles, spinach casserole, and squash. Dessert will just be some fresh strawberries.
Would you share your recipe for spinach casserole? Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,765 times
fish sticks and french fries. the poor mans hadock plate...lol

Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,558,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Would you share your recipe for spinach casserole? Thanks

Hate to disappoint you, CheyDee, but it's from a friend of mine, not my own. I had it chilling in the fridge and I'm going to bake it tonight.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,765 times
Since this is my first day off in about 3 weeks, we are having a pot roast tonight, with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions and rolls. Bought a fairly large roast for the leftovers as the overtime doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. So, roast tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc. are in the immediate future! May just have to throw in a couple of hot roast beef sandwiches for grins.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Slip sliding my way in here to say good morning! We got another ice storm last night school was delayed 2 hours.

YLisa congrats on your healthy eating good job! Did you get any of your apples canned up since I am not that far yet on your thread? Page 67 this ice spitting was causing us to lose phone line usuage.
Please if any of you have TNT recipes or ideas share with me!

Be careful in all that ice. That can be so dangerous.
Wow you are really flying on my story. I didn't have time or the know how to can all those amazing apples and berries on the land. Tomorrow I am picking up the Ball Preserving Book that I ordered. I can't wait to start learning. Oh yeah- me planting a garden- that should be a trip. I know I'll love it.
I will see if I can find any diabetic recipes. What does he like? What kind if meat?

HG- Have fun tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
The hens a l'orange are easy. I just mix some fresh squeezed oj, grated orange rind, soy sauce, minced garlic, white wine, and honey together and marinate the birds for a couple of hours. Then I put orange slices in each cavity, put them in a pan, add the marinade and bake, uncovered, at 350F, for 45 min to 1 hr., basting a few times. (It's orange season here and a good way to use some of the oranges from our trees.) I cook the stuffing in the same pan beside the hens, instead of inside, so it soaks up some of the marinade and gets a little crisp on top instead of being all mushy. When the hens are done, I remove the oranges from the cavities and top the stuffing with the cooked orange slices.

The turnovers are nothing fancy. I just want to use up the pie crust I have in the fridge. Roll out the crust, cut it in quarters, fill each with cherry pie filling on one side, fold over each piece and seal edges, then bake at 425F until golden brown.
Thank you very much.

Gotta go. Power going off. Be back later.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Hi Everybody,

I'm new to posting over on this thread, though I've posted some recipes on the other threads in the past... looks like a fun thread, so I thought I'd join ya'll.

I made pea soup the night before last in my crockpot and just let it cook with the ham bone overnight. Added grated carrot, minced onion, garlic minced, salt and pepper, and chicken boullion to the water.... let it cook about 18 hours and then added the last of the ham from New Year's that I chopped up. Just put that in for the 30 minutes or so to get it hot.

I'm going to have it for supper tonight... YUM!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:59 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
CoastalMaine.....welcome to one of the nicest threads on C-D.....very nice folks.....good food chat and some recipes....earlier this week we were all comparing 15 bean soup...to use our ham bones. Again, welcome! Our official hostess and originator is Cynwldkat....she keeps us all smiling and attends to all the details of running a successful thread. (I dont think she had any idea what she was starting when she asked.....whats for dinner....the first time. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink