Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,428,674 times

Advertisements

Sesame chicken with a delicious sweet sauce, fried rice, a spring roll, and hot and sour soup. I'd share recipes but it was from a restaurant.

I hope everyone who is having woes finds peace.

Last edited by bjh; 01-12-2009 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,887,725 times
O.K. I posted this on another thread . Meant to post here so here it is!!

This "Broccoli Casserole" recipe has been our favorite at Thanksgiving every year. My wife got the recipe from her Grandmother. If the ingredients sound good to you, I think you'll love it too!!

"Broccoli Casserole":

Ingredients

Minute Rice ~~ 2 Cups uncooked
Broccoli Cuts ~~ Frozen ( regular size) Bag
Medium Onion~~ Chopped
Butter ~~ one stick
1 can cream of mushroom soup ~~ Campbell's Reg. size can is best!!
1 small jar Cheeze Whiz

Saute onion in butter, cook rice according to package directions, cook broccoli. Mix cooked, buttered onion, drained broccoli, cooked rice, soup and cheeze whiz and pour into a buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until hot throughout.

NOTE: we always double or triple these amounts to make for large crowds.

Hope you like this as much as our family does!!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,201,971 times
Jeepers ever have one of those days where you know you did things but can't figure out where the time went? That was me today glad to have some warm delicious posts to read to relax a bit thanks for sharing folks!

YLisa I'm guilty of still making soup in my 44 quart pot for 3 of us plus neighbor sharing. But I do can up the extra after we have had our fill. Tell Niki good job losing 1# too.

gym rat I would skip dinner too for a cookie like that!

Woof way to not waste food sounds yummy too.

Ya all Coastal isn't going to be needing any CD gold stars she is going to have enough bling in that one tooth.

Lacey don't you just love a good hunk of rump?

Kats you are welcome but I cheat I comment to each post in a separate email window then cut and paste into my post. Takes up less thread space, don't have to delete the extra stuff in multi quoting all the wonderful posts in here. Just trying to do my part to conserve, Oh I rep along the way as I am reading if I am not on lockdown. BTW I don't know who makes me giggle more at times in this thread skbs or you.

dxiweodwo well then since you are new here welcome! Nomad is always interesting on a daily basis that is what we love about him. Kats thanks for the "scoop" on dxi.

heather I have been a bad mom once or twice raising my kiddos too?

RdytoGo how did the country chicken casserole turn out?

molochai you said my favorite meat pork chops umm ummmm. How is the therapy going?

bjh I don't recommend sesame chicken from a diabetic magazine~~ yuck that was the recipe we tried last week mighty bland. I did pass on the magazine to another diabetic person Sunday though.

We had to go into town after school so we stopped at Wal Mart for some softener salt and a couple of other things after our errands. Boy was that the dumbest thing to do when the weatherman is "predicting" a storm. I thought I had missed shopping for Christmas the way the lines were back into the clothing depts!

On the way home we had coupons for Burger King I hate spending money at fast food joints. I really hate it when you do then the food is disgusting we get 2-3 miles down the road break out our sandwiches and they were ice cold, stale buns but the kids ate their FF first said they were OK I usually don't eat those unless I make them. I put my sandwich back in the bag came home and ate cottage cheese for supper which was far better tasting.

Temps were supposed to start dropping by now but we are still around 30° tomorrow is when the bad boy temps roll in. Lacey my kids said to send them your snow they haven't been able to build any forts or snowmen for about 3 years now. Gee I thought they were getting too "big" for that stuff.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:40 PM

202 posts, read 359,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Temps were supposed to start dropping by now but we are still around 30° tomorrow is when the bad boy temps roll in.
Supposed to be a high of 9 degrees tomorrow, with the wind chill as low as -15! So sick of the cold already...

The country chicken casserole was yummy! I had never made it before but it was amazingly easy.

1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can sliced carrots
1 can green beans
1 cup milk
2 cans of chunk chicken
a little thyme and pepper

Mix all that together in a 9x13 in. pan, top with a box of prepared stovetop stuffing, and pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Mmmm. Added some creole seasoning after.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,201,971 times
RdytoGo you might just have posted what I will be fixing for supper tomorrow night. Depends on how long we stay in town after we get our teeth cleaned. Hmmmmm

Thank you I have all of it but potato soup canned up on my shelves but I can make some right quick with a jar of potatoes and a jar of mushroom soup I bet.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:16 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,673,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post

This "Broccoli Casserole" recipe has been our favorite at Thanksgiving every year. My wife got the recipe from her Grandmother. If the ingredients sound good to you, I think you'll love it too!!

"Broccoli Casserole":

Ingredients

Medium Onion~~ Chopped
Butter ~~ one stick
1 small jar Cheeze Whiz

Saute onion in butter, cook rice according to package directions, cook broccoli. Mix cooked, buttered onion, drained broccoli, cooked rice, soup and cheeze whiz and pour into a buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until hot throughout.

This is a must try...Love cheese and broccoli...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,798,982 times
At this time of night, does a big bowl of green pork chili with cheese on top and a couple tortillas covered in butter and fried count as a snack?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,721 times
De, I've had this recipe for about 25 years!!! It IS good!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post

"Broccoli Casserole":

Ingredients

Medium Onion~~ Chopped
Butter ~~ one stick
1 small jar Cheeze Whiz

Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,673,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
At this time of night, does a big bowl of green pork chili with cheese on top and a couple tortillas covered in butter and fried count as a snack?
Maybe a medium bowl could be passed off as a snack...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Maybe a medium bowl could be passed off as a snack...
Nothing after midnight has calories!!!! Sometimes ya just gotta do what cha gotta do!!!!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.