Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 07:25 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times

Advertisements

Yesterday's shredded beef tacos hit the spot right in the middle. Just gonna have to have them again tonight!

I shredded up some lettuce, diced up some really good sweet roma tomatoes, and added in some chopped red onion. Sprinkled with rice vinegar (would've been lime juice if I had a lime). With a little taco sauce on top that made a top topper to top my taco.

Looks like I have enough chuck roast left to freeze for lots of future tacos too, so I am a happy camper today.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Debsi-Do you make your own taco sauce or do you have a bottled fave that you use?

I like the homemade, especially with cilantro. My favorite herb!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Debsi-Do you make your own taco sauce or do you have a bottled fave that you use?

I like the homemade, especially with cilantro. My favorite herb!
I make it from dried red chiles.. lately guajillo and chile de arbol. Really easy and keeps forever in the fridge.

I make it without cilantro usually. Basil is my favorite herb (but not in Mexican food of course! )

I also make green taco sauce sometimes from overripe avocados.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Good morning foodies!

Lacey how are you feeling today? Hope better I know you are happy Mr. L is coming home.

skbs sorry Diva isn't feeling well that is young for reflux hope it improves soon.

miguel's mom so do you cook up a storm when DH is home?

cyn hope you can get out to get your haircut. I don't mind being home most days but I hate it when I can't due to weather.

Haven't picked what's for supper yet nothing has tripped my trigger yet.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Good morning guys...sneaking in here from work for a minute.

SKBS.......I was started on Prevacid last August. Tried Nexium first but it didn't sit well with me so switched. I had just had a endoscopy because SOMETIMES...I had some heartburn. Well there's "esophagitis" and dr. said I will need to stay on Prevacid FOREVER. (we'll see about that). I'm having another endoscopy next July to check for improvement or worsening.

It's true about propping the head of the mattress. I even went and bought one of those tempurpedic mattresses with the adjustable foundation so it goes up, down, etc. Have not been able to sleep with the head up. Just keep sliding down and it hurts your lower back. I bought a wedge first which didn't work. If you want it, you can have it.

Maybe you can have the dr order a x-ray or CT and check for hiatal hernia. That can cause a lot of discomfort, depending on what food you eat.

I'm still trying to figure out how they diagnosed reflux without invasive testing. I would hate to be giving her proton inhibitors without definite proof.

Forgot to mention.........burping, coughing, hoarseness are all signs of reflux. I found that out the other day when I went to see a new pulmonologist. I had always thought that all that was due to my smoking but it was really due to the reflux I didn't know I had. (and I haven't had those symptoms since I quit 15 mths ago).

Have a good day everyone.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Hi all.......

Tonight it is Chicken but I'm not sure how I am going to cook it. Going back to weight watchers today with 2 friends. United together we will weather............

All this talk about acid reflux. Mine has really been bad lately. I am on nexium but think I should make another trip to the doctors and try something else.
I do have a hiatal hernia as well.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,682 times
Southern Fried Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Spring Mix
and maybe an apple pie

Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Morning everyone.

Skbs so sorry about your little one. Hope diet changes and the medicine does the trick.

Lacey so glad your hubby is doing better and can come home in time for the wedding.

Cyn enjoy your spa day, you deserve it.

Ok dinner tonight will be the chicken pot pie I didn't make yesterday. I might even attempt to make a bread pudding for dessert.

Hope everyone stays warm and has a great day.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times
Good morning. Freezing here...17 degrees. BRRRR

I figured I'd stop in before my 3 mile walk on my treadmill.

DH wants the Buffalo Chicken Cutlets again that I had 2 weeks ago, he loved them. This time, I'm going to make them with Oven Roasted Potatoes w/spices. Yummy. Not sure on the veggie yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I spent the weekend at my daughter's and got to visit a Trader Joe's for the first time. It was not what I expected, although I enjoyed it just the same. It was smaller and tackier than I expected. I guess I was picturing a Whole Foods sort of experience. Anyway, I bought some really different things like frozen Chicken Cilantro wonton wraps and Thai Shrimp dumplings. Also frozen langostinos, which I've never found in my grocery stores. They sell 2buck Chuck there, which I've never tried, so all in all, it was a fun experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink