Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times

Advertisements

NomadI hope you get your chicken too.

Huck my fav pork chops.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
Jaxson you can have his pork chops I'll have the apple crisp.

Tonight's dinner very simple. The chicken soup I made today and leftover homemade egg bread.

Popped back in to wish you all a good night.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Lacey...you know how I feel. ((((((hugs))))))

DH cooked the steak on the grill to perfection - rare and juicy, just how we like it. Spinach, red cabbage, sliced tomatoes, and angel food cake for dessert.

Enjoy the evening, all.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
OMG so much to catch up on tonight.....

Jessie... so sorry to hear about your little pup... that is never easy...

Lacey... GREAT NEWS!!! About MR L.... so happy he is coming home! Now, rest up and take care of yourself...

Cyn... bundle up and stay warm...hope that house gets heated up quick...

Lisa...you too!!! Looks like you got hit pretty hard with all that snow.... stay warm and drive carefully if you do head out....

Amber... enjoy your puddles... and the warmth of the sun...

HG... enjoy your Mexican mood... have a margarita for me LOL

Elston... you always have amazing stories on here... I would be so scared if I was your mother...

And another Foodie is SMOKE FREE GOOD JOB!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! that is so great!!!! I am so proud you of you guys!!!!

SO, took Diva to he Ped's office... she has been complaining of an upset stomach when she goes to bed. I have been thinking it was a way to get out of heading to bed. But we did go and talk about it in DEC and were taking a certain route... that wasn't working... so again... thought this was a DIVA PLOY to stay up... well... poor little DIVA... ends up she has acid reflux. Now I can understand why the poor kid is picky.... I think it gives her heart burn.... No wonder she likes bland stuff.... So, tonight she wasn't there for dinner- I made Chicken Marsala and Pasta... Chatterbox chowed it!!! Tomorrow I will have to figure out a heartburn friendly meal....

Alright....hope you all have a good night.....

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
I'm pooped from shoveling snow, took the easy way out for dinner, cold cuts, cheese, olives, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, and red wine to lube the aches and pains

Old 03-02-2009, 05:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Love and hugs all-so tired and ready for blankets and TV-think it's more emotional.

BTW the tuna thing-good!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
The fried chicken wagon came with additional coleslaw and carrot salad from my favorite supermarket...
Now to take inventory of the Swiss Rolls...out of nutty bars...

Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times
AWWWWWW skbs....poor Diva.... No tomato sauce/tomatos (pizza, spaghetti sauce), no lemony stuff, onions, garlic, no spicy........yikes. Feel bad for her. How did they diagnose acid reflux?

Good news Lacey!

Sorry, I can't read everything! I sure hope everyone is staying warm and off the roads.

Penne Pasta w/ turkey meat sauce here tonight.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
SO, took Diva to he Ped's office... she has been complaining of an upset stomach when she goes to bed. I have been thinking it was a way to get out of heading to bed. But we did go and talk about it in DEC and were taking a certain route... that wasn't working... so again... thought this was a DIVA PLOY to stay up... well... poor little DIVA... ends up she has acid reflux. Now I can understand why the poor kid is picky.... I think it gives her heart burn.... No wonder she likes bland stuff.... So, tonight she wasn't there for dinner- I made Chicken Marsala and Pasta... Chatterbox chowed it!!! Tomorrow I will have to figure out a heartburn friendly meal....

Alright....hope you all have a good night.....
Wow. Funny thing about that acid reflux. I went to the ENT today and he told me the same thing. I was having sore throats and after doing a physical check to rule out obvious things, he told me he thinks that it is reflux. At first I though maybe he was blowing me off and guessing, but when he told me all the foods that bring it on, I realized he just told me my whole diet. So, I need to make some changes and that is good. Told me it is especially important not to eat 3/4 hours before bedtime and propping yourself up with either pillows, a wedge under your pillows, or blocks under the head of your bed, helps too. I do not have any of the "classic" symptoms. Never have heartburn or any kind of burn. But a recurrent sore throat is a symptom along with hoarseness of the voice.

Did they prescribe anything? They told me to take Prilosec, but I don't know what they do for kids. Hope she feels better soon.

So sorry, Jessie, about your loss. Very pretty dog.

Congrats, MTH, for making the decision and sticking to it, even when there are blips in the path.

I decided that we needed to empty out the leftovers, so I warmed up chili, mostacolli, and sausage and sauerkraut. (now I know why I may have reflux-) I actually only had a small piece of sausage and some kraut on a baked potato. Speaking of baked potatos, I forked them and put them in the oven and one BLEW up!!! Wow! Never happened to me before. Guess I am cleaning the oven tomorrow. No dessert and I am craving something sweet-bad!

Hope you all had a Mouthwatering Monday!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
My sweet after dinner treat tonight was a Swiss Roll...

Not ready to think about tomorrow's dinner yet...But it is time for tacos soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink