Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times

Advertisements

I didn't burn anything. Wife is home and warming some creamed style sweet corn and baking the biscuits while I sit and sip my green tea.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Oh, I'm so glad to hear from Cyn today, and to know that Kats' mom's surgery went so well! That's great news to come home to on a Monday evening. And Noma, we're all proud of you that you didn't burn anything today; I know you're enjoying that corned beast tonight. We'll be joining you in about 24 hours.

It's so warm here today that I tossed my jacket in the back seat when I got out to the car; couldn't stand the thought of being cooped up in it on the way home. I've got a couple of daffodil clumps starting to emerge, and I can see a few tulip leaves poking up, but I'm still awaiting the debut of the hyacinths. Those are my favorites; they scent the air for yards around, and make such a riot of color splashing along the edge of the walkway. Ah, well, it's early yet, not even the first day of spring. I'm sure they'll emerge soon.

Still trying to decide what I want for supper from my favorite Chinese restaurant. The very importunate and insistent Mr. Tuxedo is crawling all over me, purring in my ear and whispering "shrimp, get something with shrimp," but I'm not sure that I want to fight him for my supper, which is generally what happens any time I bring home shrimp. I had lunch pretty late, so haven't really started getting hungry yet, which I am told means that I shouldn't eat yet. Though if I wait too late, I won't sleep well.... hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Will mull it over a bit longer and then make a choice.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:35 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,511,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I didn't burn anything. Wife is home and warming some creamed style sweet corn and baking the biscuits while I sit and sip my green tea.
Good job, Noma.

We haven't eat yet, decided to have a short sojourn with a sailor named Jerry before dinner. (spiced rum, for the uninitiated. urp.)

Old 03-16-2009, 05:35 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Dinner was good even if I did have a hand in it. Now about 1 AM I'll start thinking about tomorrow night..In fact I have a little inkling already.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
cyn glad you will be seeing amber some more while she is here. Any chance you can get a family Sunday dinner in while she is there?

Kats glad your mom got along well with her surgery.

Nomad I am very proud of you for minding the cooking today~~great job!

Well DD went off to her swim meet I thought it was a home meet. Too far from here to get another kid to their practice so I stayed home tonight. She will have another meet this week I will go to.

Stopped at the big town store today to pick up corned beef and cabbage! All this talk I just couldn't go without making it so that will be supper tomorrow night. Oh wait we have a band concert then maybe it will be Wed night. Have to think on it.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Good Monday Morning Foodie Friends!

Bella, this post is for you.

We had friends coming over for their birthday dinner Sat. night. The menu was written down & planned. We have a tradition, birthday people pick what dinner they want. My one friend wanted eggplant parm, the other, chicken parm. Now we all know here at Cyn's table that kelsie cannot bake. I went to our pastry shop and bought, cannoli, eggclairs, cheesecake, tiramisu, raspberry tortes. With dessert & food shopping completed, it was time to go home and start prepping. To free up space in the fridge, I took all of the desserts & placed them in a tray and covered them up. Friday I made the much time consumed eggplant parm., covered the foil tray and put in the fridge to settle for Sats. much anticipated dinner. Sat. morning started cutting up the apps. of stuffed mozzarella & proscuitto, making garlic bread, moz., tomatoes, & fresh basil and started to bread and prepare the chick. parm. DH came home a little early from work to help with the last min. things, my dinner guests were coming at 5:00. At 4:30 I put the chicken parm. in the top oven at 350 degrees. Since the eggplant parm. only had to warm up, I put the steamer tray of water on the bottom rack of the second oven, the eggplant on the top shelf, set the temp to 200 and dinner was taking care of itself. When my friends came I told them that I had a surprise that I baked their birthday desserts, my one friend looked at the other and said, "I am not feeling the love", the other, "that warm & fuzzy feeling just left me". We sat down and proceeded with eating an array of apps. 6:00 I put the water on for the potato Gnocchi. Took the chick. parm. out of the top oven to put more gravy on it & popped it back in the oven. Took the eggplant out to do the same, opened it up and screamed Dead silence in the kitchen as my h came over to me, "what the h--l". With tears streaming down my face, I looked at my friends & said "I really did bake your desserts". Instead of the eggplant I put the entire tray of desserts in the oven and baked them.
After the initial shock and tears, we had the greatest time ever. Dinner turned out delicious, pictures were taken of the dessert tray, we laughed until we couldn't laugh any more. We put the tray in the fridge and a couple hours later we dug in and ate the interesting assortment and laughed more.
You know I will never live this down.
This should go in its forum, "bloopers in the kitchen by kelsie".

Tonight I am doing simple, cheeseburgers, salad, & oven fries.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. kelsie
Have been under the weather today and I just read this. Thanks Kelsie, I hate to say it but it did make me feel better I am happy that at least you can laugh about it and I'm sure everything else was delish

Here's another one for ya.........we have a second frig in the garage and if I ask my DH to get something out I now have to go back out and do a full check of the area. He has left roasts to name a few on top of the frig when he goes to get something out of the freezer. I usually don't know until I go into the garage and see the "blood" dripping down my frig Now it's out, Murphy lives with me

Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,144,860 times
Hi-

Sending best wishes to Kats for a quick recovery for your mom.

Cyn-I'm sure you are loving the visit.

Nomad, I made the corned beef a day early too. We'll be eating it again tomorrow.

Jaxson-I know what it's like to want to be at two kids events at once!

Happy pre St Patty's Day all!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
I tried something new which worked out well and tasted very good. I cooked 3 cheese tortellini and then drained it. I warmed up a package of grilled chicken and added it with some butter and parmesan cheese. Yummy!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:24 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Here's another one for ya.........we have a second frig in the garage and if I ask my DH to get something out I now have to go back out and do a full check of the area. He has left roasts to name a few on top of the frig when he goes to get something out of the freezer. I usually don't know until I go into the garage and see the "blood" dripping down my frig Now it's out, Murphy lives with me
And what, pray tell, has MY spouse been doing in YOUR refrigerator??? I cannot count the number of times that I've found that exact same thing on top of our second fridge in the basement, generally after he's put the groceries away downstairs. Meat, eggs, ice cream, you name it.... I've thrown it away many a time.

Murphy may live with you, Bella, but I think his brother is married to me!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,906 times
Debating between taking the kids out to get burgers and shakes or staying home and making grilled chicken and mashed potatoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink