Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 09:08 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,335,663 times

Advertisements

Now that it's not 400 degrees outside, I may actually cook.

Or ... I'll stop at the butcher on the way home from work and send the spouse out to grill me some dinner.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:14 AM

48,221 posts, read 22,041,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Wow how fun and a lot of work for you. Are you grilling? (Silly question right?)
It really won't be a lot of work for me.....my yngst son's girl frd is making cous cous salad....(her family is lebanese); other son is making dessert--I am not good at making desserts, others are making deviled eggs, green salad, chip and dips and cheeses

I willl grill dogs and pre-formed angus burgers....(skipping tomatoes) but lettuce and cheese and red onion..........I also will make my ever popular "party beans" ; lots of beer, some wine, fruit smoothies to be spiked with either dark rum or vodka. Using paper goods and people can sit and eat where ever they find themselves....conversational groups. It is all family or good friends of some family.....Nice People! Oh we have two dogs and two other dogs are coming two children that I know of.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,217,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
It really won't be a lot of work for me.....my yngst son's girl frd is making cous cous salad....(her family is lebanese); other son is making dessert--I am not good at making desserts, others are making deviled eggs, green salad, chip and dips and cheeses

I willl grill dogs and pre-formed angus burgers....(skipping tomatoes) but lettuce and cheese and red onion..........I also will make my ever popular "party beans" ; lots of beer, some wine, fruit smoothies to be spiked with either dark rum or vodka. Using paper goods and people can sit and eat where ever they find themselves....conversational groups. It is all family or good friends of some family.....Nice People! Oh we have two dogs and two other dogs are coming two children that I know of.
Ok, gotta ask, what is your recipe for Party beans? Are they baked beans?

Oh boy I have got to make a smoothie spiked with rum. Will have to try that this weekend!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,196,742 times
Quote:

Sometimes the pooches behave better than the kids! Gotta save them some grub!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Just got power back about 14 1/2 hours after a gnarly squall line passed through, thankfully no major damage but a good reminder that I really should buy batteries for the radio!

I think dinner will be simple, probably a pasta/tuna salad.

And dessert? Good cherries are finally here in abundance! They may well be dessert for most days of their all too short season.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,246 times
I WAS thinking of a rotisserie chicken but I don't know now.....hehehehhehe

Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,009,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just got an email from Lasey---they got there but it wasn't an easy trip---weather related problems but they are there safe and sound now!!
Glad she made it through all the storms. We are supposed to be getting severe thunderstorms here today. Since it's stormy and cool I think I'll make my 7 layer casserole tonight for dinner.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,196,742 times
Just thumbed through some messages I missed:

Cyn, congratulations to your son on landing the job! I imagine everyone is overjoyed that it happened so quickly!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 PM

321 posts, read 921,595 times
Quote:
I went with a gas cook top range with electric ovens....I had to have a gas line put in as the kitchen was set up for electric range. It was well worth it for me.

Welcome back wktully; hope you love your new house in MO.
Thanks everyone

I actually did consider a gas cooktop and electric wall oven - that's what I had growing up. Then I looked at the price of wall ovens Still may do it as this is hopefully my kitchen for a long long time and the kitchen remodel is still in the design phase. Any other tips for creating a really great kitchen please toss them my way

Tonight is fried chicken (but done in the oven with corn flake topping), carrots, green salad, iced tea and strawberry shortcake

Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,374,703 times
Tonight will be silver salmon filet with a curry sauce with peppers and onions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink