Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Thanks, Seattlerain! I will be honest with you, this recipe sounds hard! It does sound like something I might try though, just have to be in the right "ready to cook" type frame of mind! Thank you so much for taking the time to share that recipe! I WILL try it, just have to get my courage up? LOL
You are most welcome!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Grumpy night tonight....

Headed home again, figuring that I could wash the few breakfast dishes while the cookies baked and be in bed in half an hour, and walked in to a wall-to-wall mess in the kitchen. The daughter had cooked supper for herself and her sig-other, then suddenly and unaccountably developed a mysterious pain in her elbow that rendered her unable to clean up after herself. Pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses all over the place, not even rinsed. Grrrrrrrr........

20 minutes later, got the cookies in the oven, started sorting and rinsing dishes, took cookies out of the oven to cool, finished dishes, cleaned pans and cooling racks, wiped up crumbs, stored cookies in tupperware for delivery to the meeting and finally headed toward the bedroom a bit before midnight.
Many, many years ago my sister did something similar...my mother gathered up all of the pots, pans and dirty dishes and put them on my sister's bed...she never did it again!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Well I do believe we have to have bad days to truely appreciate the good ones

I can remember my mother telling me she new every room I was in because I left some sort of trail. Ha Ha I know now what she means I will pick up one room, start on another and sure enough Robert is playing in the clean room... Now I would NEVER leave a dirty kitchen for my mother to clean up after me. Sorry to here you had a bad day MWBW.

No cooking today for I have work and left over soup mmm mmm!
Have a great day to you all! Love ya Mom (CYN)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Many, many years ago my sister did something similar...my mother gathered up all of the pots, pans and dirty dishes and put them on my sister's bed...she never did it again!
There ya go....a mom with courage !
I applaud her for that and I am sure, your mom got stuff done (instead of just talking about it....LOL.....like so many of us....LOL)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
I am not sure yet what's for dinner.....definitely need to get to the store today after work.

Right now I am either thinking homemade blueberry pancakes/waffles with turkey sausage or tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Something easy because we are going out to eat tomorrow night after we look at a bunch of houses with our realtor

Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Anyone have any idea for chicken breasts that is quick, and comforting? I was thinking of doing the recipe on the stuffing mix box with the condensed cream soup and sour cream, but then I have to go to the store again and buy the stuffing. Any other ideas?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Anyone have any idea for chicken breasts that is quick, and comforting? I was thinking of doing the recipe on the stuffing mix box with the condensed cream soup and sour cream, but then I have to go to the store again and buy the stuffing. Any other ideas?
I don't know if it's comforting but I have a recipe for poached chicken, you can cook it in a pan or foil parcels and the chicken is very moist and tender.

I'll find the recipe in a moment!

But, basically, you can put anything in the pan/parcel - onion, herbs, spices, white wine, lemon, garlic....

It's the way it cooks in its own juices that makes it yummy....

Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,285 times
Quote:
That's the same dilemma I am facing today.
Have the breasts....but no clue on what to do with it, nor do I feel like running to the store today.

I guess, the 'logical" thing for me to do, is rummage trough my pantry, and take an "inventory" of what I have.
With that, I am going to a recipe website, and "match" a recipe, with what I have on hand.

I am sure, I will come up with something.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
Tonight will be left over chili, because I just don't feel like cooking.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
You can make your own stuffing with home-made breadcrumbs in the food processor - just don't chop too fine, then add herbs, S&P, garlic etc...

or

Easy chicken parcel recipes...

Chicken and blue cheese parcels: Recipes: UKTV Food

Lemon and garlic chicken parcels

Chicken, Soy And Honey Parcels Recipe | Food | Channel4.com

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink