Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,065,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Mr S is driving me nuts....I think he is getting sick of WW and he is taking it out on little ol Skbs.... He gained two pounds and he was told he isn't getting enough dairy (but he is) he just isn't recording it or realizing it!!!!! I tried to explain it to him and he blew up like a hot air baloon.... I think I am going to let the Grown Man do his diet on his own... it has been about six weeks now... he should be able to do that... He needs to be able to take it on anyway. So, I am quitting my job as WW Dietitian (if I spelled that right) I want pancakes for dinner... with butter and extra syrup.....LOL.... Maybe I will leave a plate on the counter as a love note to grouchy pants when he gets home from work
O dear. Tough love time, maybe? Don't you get books and online stuff with WW? Guess he could work it all out for himself - or buy those frozen WW dinners that look so appetizing....NOT Good luck!

I've been doing The Zone method for a week or so and no-one here has even noticed they are on a diet!!!... mind you the cheese and crackers at 10pm last night weren't exactly recommended....

Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,529,337 times
I took a container of two weekend's agos spaghetti sauce out of the freezer for tonight.

If this Sunday cooking binge keeps up, I may never have to cook a work night meal again!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:21 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,877,123 times
I am the one who has done all of the research.... I have all of the cookbooks, gotten all of the emails, gathered all of the recipes, done all of the cooking, shopping, purchased his lunches..... I am so gosh darn annoyed this morning...... I am fuming....... It takes me a while.... but that Irish Temper of mine has hit it's PEAK!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
Oh how I hear you skbs.....when my DH quit smoking about 6 months ago I was just about ready to move out! I love him dearly and am very proud of his accomplishment but not at the price me/my kids had to pay! It took a lot to set me off but he managed to do it! We basically cleared the air and he got the message loud and clear. You have gotten your DH off to a good start and he's a big boy so he needs to start being responsible for his eating habits. As long as you have the right foods around the house for him to manage his diet you are doing a good job in my opinion!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,065,940 times
Quote:
I am the one who has done all of the research.... I have all of the cookbooks, gotten all of the emails, gathered all of the recipes, done all of the cooking, shopping, purchased his lunches..... I am so gosh darn annoyed this morning...... I am fuming....... It takes me a while.... but that Irish Temper of mine has hit it's PEAK!
Easy, tiger. He's grumpy coz he's put on a couple of pounds, when he should have lost one or two - and they said eat more dairy???? Crazy. Maybe more lean protein, but not dairy.... uh...?

Anyway, a quick fix to make him feel better and drop a pound or two quick - have a day or two on low salt/sodium. That probably means making everything from scratch to be sure ....but that's easy for you, chef!!! And definitely no salty foods in the evening.

BTW I used to work at a fancy racing stables (as cook, not jockey!) and that was a quick trick they used to drop a few pounds before a big weigh-in.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,877,123 times
I am.... this weekend was very hard on him with Halloween- I admit....and I also admit I will be having pankcakes tonight with a bit sh** eating grin on my face.... and he will be able to make himself his own dinner tonight, again, as I have a big sh** eating grin on my face but SKBS will return to her sweet disposition tomorrow... just proving a pt tonight with a big sh** eating grin on my face

Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,420,288 times
Quote:
Mr S is driving me nuts....I think he is getting sick of WW and he is taking it out on little ol Skbs.... He gained two pounds and he was told he isn't getting enough dairy (but he is) he just isn't recording it or realizing it!!!!! I tried to explain it to him and he blew up like a hot air baloon.... I think I am going to let the Grown Man do his diet on his own... it has been about six weeks now... he should be able to do that... He needs to be able to take it on anyway. So, I am quitting my job as WW Dietitian (if I spelled that right) I want pancakes for dinner... with butter and extra syrup.....LOL.... Maybe I will leave a plate on the counter as a love note to grouchy pants when he gets home from work
I am sorry that you are stressing. Do you have any earplugs? I would tell your husband that you are there if he needs help but if he's going to get grumpy then. Enjoy your pancakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Well everyone sounds happy today! Good morning! We didn't get to town yesterday after all as it was rainy here and decided maybe today? Got to get that grandsons Birthday gift early enough to get it in the mail......
I took out one of the meatloafs I previously froze for dinner tonight but hopefully we will be going out so that will have to wait for tomorrow nights dinner. It's been in the fridge so it should be just fine! You guys and your pizzas...I've basically only had Dominos and Pizza Hut so I have no clue what a NY pizza is or any other kind. Just the basic pizzas that those places serve. I'm guessing there must be a big difference by what y'all keep saying. I must give a NY pizza a try if I ever find one in this area! That's doubtful though! Ha! Maybe if I go to NY???
I'm glad you got the present in the mail. We usually do money. The grandkids always seem to like that. You really do need to try NY Pizza. It is the best nothing like Pizza Hut or Dominos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I took a container of two weekend's agos spaghetti sauce out of the freezer for tonight.

If this Sunday cooking binge keeps up, I may never have to cook a work night meal again!
Good for you. That's a great way to do things if you can keep it up. Right now my freezer is full so I can't do anymore cooking and freezing.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,216,300 times
Quote:
I am.... this weekend was very hard on him with Halloween- I admit....and I also admit I will be having pankcakes tonight with a bit sh** eating grin on my face.... and he will be able to make himself his own dinner tonight, again, as I have a big sh** eating grin on my face but SKBS will return to her sweet disposition tomorrow... just proving a pt tonight with a big sh** eating grin on my face
After this long he is going to have to learn to manage on his own. Go for your carbs we can't have ya wasting away. LOL Seriously though, he is going to have to learn to manage against temptations or his "diet" will never suceed. Keep healthy choices for him in the house and hopefully he will make the right choices.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

Oh Debsi-I did the same thing. I have Rao's rigatoni and a container of my gravy.

It is dark here-thunder and lightening and hail predicted.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Cyn there's a NY pizza place in Huntersville and also some good ones in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink