Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,103 times

Advertisements

Tonight's dinner was a nice crockpot full of beef stew w/potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots....oh yeah..onions too.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Dinner tonight was salami, pepperoni, sharp provolone, olives, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, and red wine. After a week of a cold and far too many tastless meals I needed some easy flavah!

Me too! Though thankfully, haven't had a cold for a while.
(if it makes anyone feel better I had a stomach bug several weeks ago )

Tonight: chicken with pesto panini, with marinara dipping sauce, pickle, and baked lays.

Kind of a lunchy dinner, but it was good, not too filling, just right.

Well, cyn, all this talk about the thread should give you added incentive to stop smoking so you'll be healthy enough to keep coming here. This thread needs you!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

It's a good thing the threads aren't fattening to read.
And who told you that????

I had Mexican for late lunch/early dinner today in a nice Mexican place.

I ate so much, I feel like the Goodyear blimp. Look it too.

My diet starts this week! Not ready but it's a must. Enough is enough.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I'm with you, VP. Enough sweets. Enough large portions. Enough upset stomach from not eating right.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
molochai- Congratulations on your shiny new star. Way to go.

cyn- Looking forward to meeting another foodie with more ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Baked pork chops with rice, leftover broccoli casserole, potato casserole, succotash, corn bread, black eyed peas.
Where do you put it all? You eat all this wonderful southern cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Dinner, I'm thinking chicken breast Pierre with risotto and steamed broccoli.
Wow, what is that? Please share.

mth- How did it all turn out?

elston- Can I make the bean soup without the ham bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I hadn't even thought about pureeing the beans. Hmmm, but I do cook it down that they are quite done so they are almost falling to pieces. May have to try that though!
You can mash them with a hand potato masher. That's what I do since I have no "electric" kitchen gadgets.

jaxson- They could have eaten a lot worse then fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
No need to puree the beans they cooked down nicely.....some recognizable beans...but the broth is thick and delicious with nice junks of ham.....I added some tomato puree and carrots and celery, half a jalepeno ; seasoned with cumin, bay, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes and Old Bay seasoning; it tastes delicious. I wish I could serve everyone up a hot bowl of bean soup....
I'm on my way with spoon and bowl in hand. It's a BYOS&B party. I was going to reverse the letters but it would have looked like a BS party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Dinner tonight was salami, pepperoni, sharp provolone, olives, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, and red wine. After a week of a cold and far too many tastless meals I needed some easy flavah!
I tried to rep you for that meal. That sounds delicious. Hmm, antipasto might be in the works this week.

Dessert again will be peaches and cottage cheese with cinnamon. I actually liked it and it's so much better for me than the Ice cream with syrup and chocolate chips that my DH is having. At least I keep telling myself that.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
Well chicken wings turned out great, soda bread was alright. Not my favorite in the least. I think from now on I will stick with yeast breads.

Dessert was decided by hubby, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, the base is chilling in the fridge as we speak(well write). I guess I should probably expect a visit from Nomad tonight huh? lol

Everyone have a great evening.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:19 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Tonight's dinner was a nice crockpot full of beef stew w/potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots....oh yeah..onions too.
That sounds like my kind of meal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Dessert was decided by hubby, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, the base is chilling in the fridge as we speak(well write). I guess I should probably expect a visit from Nomad tonight huh? lol
Please can I have the recipe??

Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Chocolate Peanut butter Ice Cream by Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Dessert Book

1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup peanut butter

In double boiler melt unsweetened chocolate. Gradually whisk in cocoa powder, heat and stir constantly until smooth. Whisk in milk, a little at a time and heat until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.

In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Whisk in sugar, a little at a time until blended. Pour in cream and vanilla, whisk til blended. Add chocolate mixture, stir to blend together. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours until cold.

Just before putting in ice cream machine, take a cup of cream mixture and blend in 1/2 cup peanut butter, add back to main bowl and mix to combine. Add to ice cream machine and make your ice cream.

Eta: I don't actually use a whole half cup of peanut butter, usually just a healthy spoonful.

Last edited by movingtohouston; 01-04-2009 at 06:39 PM..

Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Movingtohouston - thanks! I am printing this for my recipe book!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:40 PM

No problem, Pick up Ben and Jerry's Ice cream book. It is the best one in regards to recipes I have seen. The strawberry I made last night was from there too.

Unfortunately I gained about 10 pounds the first 6months we had the machine. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink