Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

YLisa yep yep on the canning and gardening! We use to raise and butcher number 98's too.
Say it ain't so! No, but really - Lisa's 98 is off on his own, in a nice pasture somewhere ummmmm......with the ladies????

Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,861,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Morning all! Rain, rain and more rain last night and today. At leat it's not cold but it's suppose to drop to the 20's tomorrow.
Sounds like everyone has been having some mighty tasty meals lately.
I guess I was grumpy again yesterday.....DH mentioned to me at the store yesterday that I'd really been a bit of a b**** all day! He was right. At least he said it with a smile! It was better then the day before so I'm hoping today will be better still. I don't like myself when I'm like that!
Day 18-- no smoking.

No idea for dinner yet tonight. Will post that later.
I think that is why I started to quit when I did, man-guy gone to slope to work for a few weeks, so no one but Lizzy and the dogs to contend with, and by the time he returns I will have close to three weeks...though the dogs just leave me alone if having a moment, I think they sense it...Your hubby was a brave man to say that with a smile...

We are going to have a pork roast, carrots, onions, with mashed potatoes, gravy...just toss it in the oven for a while...

Old 01-06-2009, 04:49 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Oh, my loyal Foodies, I love ya....

and the babypoo dip.... hmmmmmmmmmm...... there is an idea I never thought of!!! LOL..... Blast from the Foodie Past!!!!!!! hahahahaha how could I have forgotten that!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm yum..... LOL.......

Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
OFF TOPIC

next time I ask for help in the parenting forum shoot me.... please.....

what is my problem......? Why don't I learn my lesson? ever? those people can't say anything in a constructive manner... well most of them.... it has to be hostile and rude.... all the time... ugh.... sorry.... venting..... in the one place I know I won't be badgered on here.... or ridiculed for spelling errors....or told I need to get over myself.... ugh..... really?

How can people do that?????? When all you want is advice????? I love my foodie friends..... Please know that..... You guys are so wonderful..... you never have a nasty thing to say... or make me feel FULL OF MYSELF.... or make fun my the reading teachers spelling errors.... LOL..... OMG......

THANK YOU MY FOODIE FRIENDS for being so wonderful......
Venturing out into the vast world can be a frightening and scary place, but to stay home where it is comforting and the smells of conversations are to die for from all this food talk...

Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I raised my children many years ago.....so I do not go to the parenting forum....I come to this forum primarily to hear the answers to the OP....."What are you planning for dinner"; a little off topic conversation is to be expected but I hope we don't get too far off topic....as I think that would make this less interesting. I go to the "Cozy Inn" for chat and support and human interest and I come here for food chat.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 PM

Kat..I really hope that poo dip isn't left over???

Old 01-06-2009, 05:11 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Say it ain't so! No, but really - Lisa's 98 is off on his own, in a nice pasture somewhere ummmmm......with the ladies????
Sorry Kats but it was "so" along with our own pigs and chickens back about 10 years ago. I have an awesome meat market now we buy from they get their meat where we sent ours for processing locally.

I know I read 98 wasn't going on the sale truck that put a smile on my face for Lisa's sake.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
OFF TOPIC

next time I ask for help in the parenting forum shoot me.... please.....

what is my problem......? Why don't I learn my lesson? ever? those people can't say anything in a constructive manner... well most of them.... it has to be hostile and rude.... all the time... ugh.... sorry.... venting..... in the one place I know I won't be badgered on here.... or ridiculed for spelling errors....or told I need to get over myself.... ugh..... really?

How can people do that?????? When all you want is advice????? I love my foodie friends..... Please know that..... You guys are so wonderful..... you never have a nasty thing to say... or make me feel FULL OF MYSELF.... or make fun my the reading teachers spelling errors.... LOL..... OMG......

THANK YOU MY FOODIE FRIENDS for being so wonderful......
You stick with us, honey, or head over to Community Chat/Cozy Inn for a bit. We'll take care of you. (((((hugs)))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
The only other one I go to is the pets-dog. Nice folks there!
See? Don't be going to that parent forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
skbs- Oh I am so sorry. Do you want me to go over there and beat them up? I bet Kat would help me. I'm sorry they were nasty. Maybe they are jealous. Feel beeter. We love you over here.
Ill help hold them down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
skbs we need the divasodes to continue..Don't let them mess up our nightly entertainment...We need our dinner theatrics to continue as scheduled. I need the uplifting you provide along with the food nutrition...
Good one, Nomad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I raised my children many years ago.....so I do not go to the parenting forum....I come to this forum primarily to hear the answers to the OP....."What are you planning for dinner"; a little off topic conversation is to be expected but I hope we don't get too far off topic....as I think that would make this less interesting. I go to the "Cozy Inn" for chat and support and human interest and I come here for food chat.
See? Told ya we were nice over there.

Dinner was good (sirloin steak, steamed fresh green beans and brussel sprouts). We watched a movie while we ate and I slipped into the kitchen, rinsed off some of the fresh, local strawberries DH brought home today and we munched on them like popcorn. Mmmmmmm mm.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
I need to find this cozy place....lead the way.....

A PERK for the night was.....Got out of cooking dinner tonight..... hubby called and he is stuffing his face with some big wigs.... so the kids begged for Ramen.... LOL!!!!! Made life very easy!!!! Chicken Sausage from the Market will be for Thursday as we are going to my folk's tomorrow..... Life is just getting easier...... I feel myself relaxing as I write this..... ahhhhhh...........

Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Dinner was a grilled mesquite turkey, roasted red pepper, mozzarella sandwich.

With the prospect of ice/snow to contend with in the AM I'd better keep my strength up, I see a chocolate-marshmallow sundae in the not too distant future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink