Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Thanks for the rep! Got any good BBQ sauce advice?
Why not slow cook in oven covered with bar-b-cue sauce mixed with honey, jelly or brown sugar?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I think the dish was Mexican-inspired....the cheese melted into a creaminess, rather than a stringy-cheesiness - is monterey like that?
I don't think it would be as stringy as a cheddar would be.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
I think the dish was Mexican-inspired....the cheese melted into a creaminess, rather than a stringy-cheesiness - is monterey like that?
I would use jack or mozzarella - they both melt down nicely.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axinom07 View Post
Hi Katsmeeyow Love your sign on by the way....my email is crazycatgirl. I have a fantastic rec. for a lemon cake...I call it lemon nectar. It is still Betty Crocker, but with an added ingred. If you would like, please let me know and I'll post.
Monica
Yes, Please tell us!

Kelsie - Wow! You had your own fire works didn't you?! Sorry!

Quote:

Tonight I plan to make a dish I've eaten at a restaurant - pounded chicken breasts, filled with a cheese and jalapeno mix, then rolled up into fat tubes with bacon around them, skewered and grilled... I imagine then finished in the oven...

Question - which cheese would you use in this dish?
Some sort of string type cheese would be easiest, but other than that I don't know. Please tell us how this is so we can try them!!!!!! ( Never mind on my string cheese suggestion, I just reread that you were looking for a creamier cheese! Oops! )

Old 01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Love all the stories about how cold it is for you guys up there. I'm dreaming of snow actually. I know, you probably think I'm nuts, but it's 37 with building humidity today in Perth. That's the high 90's, which isn't too bad if it's a nice dry crackling heat, but the humidity! Yuk.
Do Ozzies have practically everything airconditioned like we do in the southern USA? Or do you have to grin and bear it?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
CW-you are welcomed.

SD-hubby blew out the flames and I cut the charred part off. At the price of lobster down here, I would have eaten those lobster tails if they were black. Had to throw the pan away, there was no saving that. I am really glad that h was home to grab inflamed pan, I would have done something every cook knows you shouldn't do--panic. I am still not sure why they caught on fire the oven was clean from Christmas, the operative word in that sen. is "was", what a mess!

Happy NY burdell--eat meat and plenty of chicken broth.

Leftover chicken and lasagna tonight, took the gravy & meatballs out of the freezer. I am not doing anything that requires turning one of the ovens on.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
CW-you are welcomed.

SD-hubby blew out the flames and I cut the charred part off. At the price of lobster down here, I would have eaten those lobster tails if they were black. Had to throw the pan away, there was no saving that. I am really glad that h was home to grab inflamed pan, I would have done something every cook knows you shouldn't do--panic. I am still not sure why they caught on fire the oven was clean from Christmas, the operative word in that sen. is "was", what a mess!

Happy NY burdell--eat meat and plenty of chicken broth.

Leftover chicken and lasagna tonight, took the gravy & meatballs out of the freezer. I am not doing anything that requires turning one of the ovens on.
Come on Kelsie-it's like falling off a bike-turn that sucker back on-LOL. This is the first year I didn't mess up the oven as I cooked the beef on 325-no splatters.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Come on Kelsie-it's like falling off a bike-turn that sucker back on-LOL. This is the first year I didn't mess up the oven as I cooked the beef on 325-no splatters.

There's always carpaccio!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
elston wonderful job going through the holidays trying to not gain excessive weight.

Truly I could eat pork chops more than once a week too but the kids don't favor my addiction to them. Hope you feel better soon. Quickie sauce is a can of mushroom soup poured over your seasoned and browned chops. Oven or crock pot your choice.

kelsie bummer on the lobsters catching on fire. Thank goodness you all are OK plus the dog! Did your pan have a plastic handle on it that would have caused the fire maybe?

Lacey good atttitude about changing the way "we eat" that is honestly the key. WTG

We will be grabbing something in town tonight we are on a secret mission today. I'll check in with ya all when we have "mission accomplished".

Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Debsi, you may like this pic:

I CAN HAS TACO? by dunno source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink