Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,215,045 times

Advertisements

Morning all, tonight for dinner, tuna casserole. Last night was a leftover bonanza. Sausages, wings, spinich dip, and peach cobbler for dessert.

Hope everyone had a safe holiday I will be back next week once the boys are back in school. As of right now they are standing over my shoulder saying when are you going to be done. Ugh, three more days.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Hope everyone had a safe holiday I will be back next week once the boys are back in school. As of right now they are standing over my shoulder saying when are you going to be done. Ugh, three more days.
"Turn around and they're one
Turn around and they're four
Turn around and they are young men...going out of the door."

I know just how you feel....I raised three boys who are now men....long since gone out of my door. You cant go back in time.....but how sweet those little aggrevations seem from this vantage point.

This Christmas the 42 year old was here visiting .... lots of discussion about "what was for dinner" all those many years ago.....Mac and Cheese and Tuna Pea Wiggle were two that were recalled as well as the dreaded Curried Egg Bake....(curry still makes him nauseous) .

Old 01-02-2009, 08:55 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times
OK the holidays are over! I got on the scale and the damages aren't too bad! I am still down 20 and a half pounds from where I was when I started dieting about 3 months ago.....over the holiday I put on about 1 1/2 pounds from my lowest.....so back on the diet trail for me. (I wish I had eaten lunch before going public with that!)

For supper tonight? I have to go shopping....I will look for something delicious and low fat.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,941 times
Good Job Elston..... that is really good! Hubby was just saying he was in BIG trouble! You made it out guilt free....!!!!!.....way to go!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! Through the holidays without serious blemish!!!!!! You should be very proud..... I am quite impressed.....

Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM

849 posts, read 1,954,040 times
Last night, I was lazy. Made tuna sandwich and mac&cheese. My hubby is ready for "REAL" dinner, so I'll do some meat&potato dinner. His favorite dinner is steak, baked potatoes, sautéed spinach and salad with bleu cheese dressing and extra bleu cheese crumbles.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,667,263 times
I taking the situation into my own hands and order pizza. I bet when I gets it there will not be a fuss. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. And I gotta have pizza...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,672,122 times
I hear ya on the pizza Nomad.! Sometimes, you just gotta taste for it and nothing else will do.

Elston, great news my friend....what a joy for you to take with you into the New Year.

Last night was left over veggie soup I had made....plus....

I made dh the Fresh Apple Cake he had been wanting all week, the one that takes 3 hours to make!

It was finished around 10 pm....and I also made some ham/cheese balls for their snacking pleasure today when the Cotton Bowl comes on. I will also make, in just a tiny bit, some sasuage cheese balls to go with the dip.

For dinner, as it has warmed up here drastically and I can go outside, I will be cooking steak and having a bake potato and salad with it. Pretty easy and simple fare for me especially on the clean up side of it...and dh can have cake for dessert...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,900 times
Default Pork chops again?

Yep, but I must admit they are remaining delicious to me!

Elston, I think I caught what you had-ug! So, I will be quite available for chats with all of my pals here on cd-lol!

Anymore ideas out there for pork chops? Thick boogers once again. What about a good BBQ? Which sauce I don't/won't have to make from scratch because I'm a sicky(which I usual tend to do) and far too lethargic.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,252,079 times
Great for you Elston. I hope you are feeling better.

Lisa: Asiago soup is delicious. Asiago cheese is a very sharp Italian cheese.

Crazyworld: I am assuming that you fried your chicken cutlets lightly first, before baking them. 300 degree oven is too low, it will dry the cutlets out).
Egg & bread your cutlets, lightly fry in oo on both sides 2-3 mins., pat off oil, put sauce in baking dish, add cutlets and cheese, top with sauce. Cover with foil, put in a 350 preheated oven for 45-60 mins. Put tray with water on the bottom rack to steam the bottom of your dish. Moist & delicious.

Last nights dinner--I should have met GoldDust at Red Lobster

So, hubby comes home from work and I take the baked potatoes out of the oven and check the steaming b. sprouts, everything is looking good. Phone rings, h is on the phone with his mom. I split the beautiful Maine Lobster Tails, pop them out of their shells, lightly brush clarified butter on them & put them into the broiler. Within 2 mins., smoke alarms go off, dog is howling, I open the oven, lobsters are on fire, smoke escaping out of the oven. h throws the phone down, dog is howling, h grabs broiler pan with charred lobsters, blows out flames and dinner is now ready, and dog is still howling, total traumatized trying to get out of the house.

Since I can't do any laundry today until h gets the part to fix my dryer, I will be cleaning my stove.

I think we will be having leftovers tonight. I will check back with you later, have a great afternoon foodie friends.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,747,483 times
Default Asiago soup recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
What is Asiago soup? If it was good please share the recipe. The paint color in my house is called Asiago. I hope they don't have the same ingredients. Only kidding. It sounds like a good dinner.
Well, is the color of your home is a very light peachy tone, it might be just the same color as the soup. LOL

Well, Is hard to tell you exactly what I add to the soup..I am so used to making it, that I do it by site with ingredients. But here is the list of ingredients to use to make it...

Is a creamy soup...
it takes the following:

olive oil
chopped onions
chopped garlic
celery
carrots
salt & pepper to taste
rosemary
chicken broth
half & half cream
Cooking Ham diced up
shredded asiago cheese
parmesan cheese

sometimes instead of ham I add chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink