Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I just found a recipe which has a nice sounding marinade for chicken. It calls for bone-in chicken breasts, but I'll substitute chicken cutlets since I have those on hand and will pan grill them on the stove. No thoughts on side dishes yet.

All Season Grilled Chicken

Serves 4
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chili sauce
3/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespooons prepared horseradish
2 small cloves garlic, halved
1 teaspoon salt
4 bone-in chicken breasts (6 ounces each)

Directions
Mix chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and salt in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
Preheat grill or broiler. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bowl. Place chicken on grill or on broiler pan.
Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting frequently with half the reserved marinade, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.
Heat remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve hot alongside chicken.

Now that I have decided upon what dinner will be, I can finally go to sleep
****drooling all over my keyboard****

Had to print this. Sounds delicious!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Hey, look at that - Noma's shining extra bright this morning with TWO STARS! They are so well deserved, good friend, and it's deeply satisfying to see you get the recognition you deserve. I can't imagine this dinner table without you and your chocolate and your S&V chips!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:28 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Good Morning ...... good to see you all and to see the delicious recipes! I have to figure out a way to save them.....I know that computer files are the way to go ..... but I never figured out how to set up and maintain files or folders.....I need to start an old fashion recipe box! That is exactly what I need and want.....and Shall have. It is nice to be able to leave a recipe box for the next generation also.....not that I plan to go any where anytime soon.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning Elston-I also am not good at that and usually add them to my "favorites".

Keep warm!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Hey, all, HighlandsGal is only ONE POINT away from earning her first star! And wouldn't ya know it, my reps are locked! C'mon, guys, someone push her over the top!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Elston... I am the same way and I have no excuse.... my hubby is a computer geek! Oh well.... I just don't get that stuff.... LOL maybe why I married the computer guy (I don't have to get it- I let him do it for me ) I am with you on the Recipe box.... Good Idea.... I think I will get one too... Maybe I might, just might, become a chef one of these days.... LOL... just because of you FOODIES.....

I gotta get Diva to school... and I am ready to cry... I do not want to go out in this at all..... I am seriously afraid my eyeballs might feeze to some sort of jelly and my hair will stand on end from frost bite.... Oh, heaven help me..... It just LOOKS cold out there.....sob sob sob.....

breakfast is over, dishes are done..... dinner? Well.... let me get over the fact that the dishes just were put in the dishwasher first....LOL..... Maybe I will see what you all are having first......

Old 01-15-2009, 05:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Sorry, I just tried to rep Highlandsgirl and I am in rep prison again!!

I have not read back yet so I will do that but before I do I just have to share my dinner that we had last night with everyone. It was elstons pork chops. I did add some Italian seasoning but followed everything else and used those not so great pork chops. It was to die for. The sauce was just amazing. My DH said this is a for sure keeper. The chops were juicy and tender. But the sauce was the best! We even took out some bread to sop up the left over sauce. You all have just got to try this!! I was so excited and I think it was one of my best meals I've made. The best part...it's easy too. Ok, now I've got that out of my system and I'll go back and catch up on the last zillion pages and post again in a bit!!

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Hey, all, HighlandsGal is only ONE POINT away from earning her first star! And wouldn't ya know it, my reps are locked! C'mon, guys, someone push her over the top!
I got her!! She now has a big STAR!!

48,138 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I just got back in from taking the trash out...has to be curbside by 7:30 AM.....it was just a titch below zero this morning....but no wind.....and my eyeballs definately didnt freeze skbs! So get your darlin' daughter up and and going and sieze the day!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:01 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
YIPPEE....HG is there.... I just spent my last few min trying to find her.... but CD wouldn't let me rep her either.... BUT....

CONGRATS TO YOU HIGHLANDS! YOU GO GIRL! SHINE With YOUR BRIGHT SELF..... I think I need to find a new pair of shades... mine are gettin' worn out with all the use this week.....LOL

alright... off to school...thanks for the eyeball check Elston.... glad you are so brave as to check for me.... you surely are a gentleman....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink