Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 09:52 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
Sympathies to all those living in the deep freeze...I won't even brag, er, tell you what our temps have been.

I'll say one good thing about this #!&**$#@# weather!

The snow makes neat 'squeaky' noises when you walk on it

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll say one good thing about this #!&**$#@# weather!

The snow makes neat 'squeaky' noises when you walk on it
When I was a kid I used to make a snowball, put Kool Aid on it then eat it. I know but I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
When I was a kid I used to make a snowball, put Kool Aid on it then eat it. I know but I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

Right! Now that we're all growed up, well, at least older , Kahlua works well

Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Baby it's cold outside! We are at -4 actual, schools were cancelled so that throws my usual routine off a bit. Plus had a hard time dialing up today those phone lines in the ditches must really be cold.

amber thanks for sending the sunshine to us that was so nice of you!

John my family likes my homemade apple butter on our biscuits if there isn't gravy around. I use up my daily allotment of reps by golly. But in order to give some more to my foodies friends I have to go out into the shark waters of CD. They are all so worth it though then I high tail it back here as soon as I am out of lock down prison.

Nomad how did you get that 2nd gold star so quickly? Wouldn't be because you are so well loved would it?

RdytoGo what are British style chips? Fish?

Huckleberry huh???? "muslo ensalada chilaquiles"

KSHE see even in your parts these cold temps are causing problems for us all. If the south or CA loses fruit crops our prices will go up tremendously. Hope your trees are safe. That is nice you are spending time with your ill friend you won't regret it.

elston be sure to write those recipes in cursive to leave the next generation. That was super nice of you to do an eyeball check for skbs.

MWBW tell the little 10yo happy bday from your foodie friends.

YLisa that is a good idea with your recipes thanks for sharing. I was shown by one of my kids how to save some of my folders onto CDs too I backed up some of my recipes on those in case the computer crashes. If I try a recipe I have saved and it doesn't work for our family then I just delete it.

cyn when I grow up I want to be just like you! Day 27 is totally awesome girl!

skbs great way to get the kids involved they are never too young to learn to make food! Hey you could have put on swim goggles before you went outside to protect those pretty eyes!

Debsi I remember one year my aunt held a pizza birthday party for my cousin we all got to make our own mini pizzas it was about the only childhood bday party I remember. She mixed up the dough then gave us all a ball of it to roll out and load up with goodies she had sitting in bowls. Fun fun!

jimj any type of prepared meals are loaded with salt but if it teaches your DS about portion control I say go for it! I am trying to do that with my youngest now she doesn't have a big weight problem but she will if she keeps eating the portions she does. Good tip on the exposed skin too never can be too careful. Have you tried Corn Huskers lotion or bag balm on those cracked knuckles? That is what my dad and grandpa's used on their hands in the winter from having to take their gloves off in the barns and things.

gym rat sounds like a plan.

I Am Woman we all have to fill our tummies some how right?

burdell good observation on the snow! It sure looked pretty coming down yesterday we didn't end up with as much as they were calling for maybe got 4".

Tonight will be leftover country chicken casserole, if the tummies don't get filled with that I made chicken salad and apple salad yesterday. I bet they finish off the sub ingredients for lunch today. Heading over to the golden threads for HG, Nomad and Miguel's Mom!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Jaxson saw where schools cancelled out here as well it should be. For some unknown reason(unless Mr. L hit the wrong button) I just got the shock of my life walking into the garage and the door was opened-of course the heat was going, going,gone. The nice HOT soup I had for lunch that had warmed me-that feeling got lost!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM

202 posts, read 359,168 times
Braving the -15F temps because Dad said he'd take the boyfriend & I to Applebee's for lunch today, since I have to back to college this weekend. Hopefully I make it back! It looks so COLD!!!!! Keep warm!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Oh Lacey you poor chilly thing! We don't have the temps like you do but when "somebody" forgets to put our garage door down I am livid! My furnance sits in my utility room right off the garage so it makes my furnance kick on and on and on.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
Good evening food buddies.
I see that you all have been very busy over the last hours (!) It's so hard to keep track on all the delicious food choices and other interesting things you're writing about.

I've been to my uncles 50th b/day, shared 2 pieces of cake with my son (how come they want to eat all they see and then only have two or three crumbs and the parents always end up eating the mess???) and 2 pieces of white wheat bread topped with delicious sausage variations.

The chicken with sour cream / creme fraiche sauce and asparagus is still waiting to be eaten at dinner, rice is on the stove.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so we'll see what we'll see then

Happy eating!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Congrats on your STAR Miguel's mom!!

I just posted this in the lunch thread, but have to share as I think it is funny. I wonder if it is a coincidence or they made it on purpose. I just ran to the grocery store next door to school on my lunch break to pick up stuff for the white chicken chili and got some items at the deli for lunch. I got a small container of Pesto Pasta Salad and the ingredients are: Pasta, Pesto, Peas, and Pine Nuts. All Ps!! I also had a few bites of a chicken salad with red grapes, sliced almonds, and celery.

By the way, what I do with recipes is copy them here and then paste them into a giant Word document called......."Recipes." Haven't sorted them or anything yet.
There is just pages and pages of delicious food!!

Stay warm folks!!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,963,145 times
Hello everyone!!!! To everyone with this firgid weather............ya'll wanna trade? LOL

Here........looks like we are having mashed potatoes tonight!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink