Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 07:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

EM-I get around that by using Smart Balance and olive oil-lots of lemon and white wine.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Nomadicus........sorry to hear about your mother's fall! I hope she is doing better and you too.

Debsi -- congrats on your STAR!!

Lacey.....your dinner sounds most excellent. Enjoy!!

Skbs, I think MWBW said it best.....once you get on meds you can pretty much eat anything. The only thing I still avoid completely is orange juice.

Tonight is going to be a hodge podge of leftovers in the fridge -- baked beans, mustard potato salad, salami, and cheese. I don't want it to go to waste!!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Good Friday morning foodies!

Lacey hope things continue to go well with Mr. L.

Nomad do update us on your mom. No wonder you can't sleep with all that is going on in your family.

CW you are so correct about the tomatoes! Each year when mine ripen I eat them like no tomorrow daily. They also make my teeth more sensitive from the acid too. But I love them.

cyn does your food taste differently now that you quit?

Supper we are playing by ear nothing on the planner but you know kids. Mine seem to always come home and say we are doing this or that.

Have a good day friends.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I have copied and pasted and filed the Harvey Wallbanger Cake.....thank you!
I hope it turns out great. It looked like a keeper.

cyn- Anytime a diet is started "everything" looks small. And food becomes an obsession, even more so than normal, lol. It does get easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Mr. L wants lobster scampi over linguine-so that's it for tonight. I tried to convince him he really wants fettucine allfredo!!!!
Oh that sounds so good. I'm waiting for the weather to break because I have a new recipe for Grilled Lobster Tails that I want to try.

We are supposed to have 3 beautiful days. Just waiting for the sun to come out. Tonight I am making Pizza with extra veggies.

OMG, I went to Harris Teeter yesterday and while I was on the deli line I looked next door at the bakery dept.(very bad). Anyway they have chocolate and regular cannoli shells. They fill them to order. I was drooling. I love canoli's. Heck, skip the shell just squirt that filling into my mouth, lol. I was restrained and I didn't get any but OMG. Maybe for a special treat I'll get one. Just one I promise.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Jaxson-

My DH told me the first time he quit smoking "ketchup was spicy", lol. Food really does taste better once you quit.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Noma, sending warm thoughts and prayers for your mom, son, wife & yourself.

skbs, h is off the orange juice too and taking his acid meds. until he has his Endoscopy on the 17th. The acid in the oj was hurting his stomach.

debsi, congratulations on the "new" star of cd.
The dish drawer dilemma---a toothpick sicking in sideways in one of the wands not letting it turn. Hubby found it, I couldn't even see it.

lacey, good thoughts at the dr's office today for Mr. L

cyn, how exciting when the kids come to visit.

It is going to be a beautiful day here today mid-70's. I am going to start washing the windows and airing the house out, supposed to hit 82 Sunday.

Dinner tonight will be the flounder stuffed with shrimp we were going to have the other night in a butter & white wine sauce, baked potatoes and steamed zucchini.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. kelsie

Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
EM-I get around that by using Smart Balance and olive oil-lots of lemon and white wine.

YUM.....that does sound good. I will have to try this.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,315 times
Morning everyone, tonight for dinner either tuna casserole or tuna steaks (if hubby scores some fresh fish from a friend). Keep your fingers crossed, I am really looking forward to the tuna steaks. LOL

Debsi congrats on your star, keep the taco talk coming. LOL

Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, sending hugs your way, Noma, both for you and your mom. You don't need ANOTHER thing to worry about, dear friend. Hope it's something minor that can be quickly put right. And I hope that Mom is able to stay more steady on her feet from now on.
Well I'm back from the doc run with mom. She has officially got Cat Fever...Not bad....Worst thing is the doc handed her a tissue and said your gonna need it. She says why, you are done hurting me...That is when he told her George had to go...Anyone want a beautiful Black and White Tux bobtail....she is just allergic all of a sudden...

OK for dinner. I'm going back now to pick up the scripts next door to the pharm....I'm going for the easy way out...Functioning on 2 hours or so sleep is not my bag...It may be hot dogs nuked for tonight...Thanks for all the well wishes. Everything is going to be ok with her as soon as we find George a good home.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:30 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Oh YLisa-I am with you on the cannoli filling. We used to get a huge cannoli cake for Christmas from a bakery in No Jersey. It was heaven. Wear blinders to HT now.

Our doc wants another CT scan Mon to check before we leave. I am so upset as so is Mr. L-that's CT #5in 2 weeks plus the one Tues was perfect. I have always been a stress eater and how I am staying away from huge bacon cheeseburgers and fries w/gravy is a miracle right now.

Just par boiled the lobster tails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink