Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 05:57 PM

9 posts, read 26,373 times

Advertisements

I ever night have a well balanced meal for my family. I everday look up recipes on the enter net. Google it. It really helped me out. You do get in these little rut's but you can dig your way right out. It's easy!!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:56 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Default The Agenda

Sometime in the next few days, I'll be doing some grilled chicken with a vegetable medley. I will also be putting together a pork tenderloin roast (haven't decided on veggies, but may include stuffing). At the end of next week, I plan to cook up some jambalaya for a church function -- I might include chicken and do a separate shrimp thing on the side. It's a Cajun theme that night.

And this weekend, I'll probably do a cheddar cheese omelette with either muffins or make some ham biscuits. Always great with Millstone coffee.

Bon appetit!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:00 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Sometime in the next few days, I'll be doing some grilled chicken with a vegetable medley. I will also be putting together a pork tenderloin roast (haven't decided on veggies, but may include stuffing). At the end of next week, I plan to cook up some jambalaya for a church function -- I might include chicken and do a separate shrimp thing on the side. It's a Cajun theme that night.

And this weekend, I'll probably do a cheddar cheese omelette with either muffins or make some ham biscuits. Always great with Millstone coffee.

Bon appetit!
Boy, you sure are going to busy with all that cooking! Sounds great though..

Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Tonight, we ended up having homemade chicken soup and grilled cheese. Perfect for a dreary day and we were tired.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
Hi everybody.

What do you cook in a crockpot? I have one and I've tried a simple stew a couple of times and I find that the meat comes out kind of dry and there's no flavor to it.

Any special secrets? I could become a real good crockpot cooker. Sure sounds like it should be easy enough.

Liners? Where? I'm there tomorrow. :-)

Have a good night and a great weekend everyone. Gotta get my beauty zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hi everybody.

What do you cook in a crockpot? I have one and I've tried a simple stew a couple of times and I find that the meat comes out kind of dry and there's no flavor to it.

Any special secrets? I could become a real good crockpot cooker. Sure sounds like it should be easy enough.

Liners? Where? I'm there tomorrow. :-)
vpcats.....first of all - go get the liners....They are called Slow Cooker Liners by Reynolds!!

Then, stock up on Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Cream of Celery and Onion Soups.

The greatest roast is in the crockpot......put in one can of mushroom soup and one can of celery soup....add roast.....cut up an onion on top of roast.....add sliced mushrooms......add carrots.....add a couple of potatoes, cut up and I also add a packet of onion soup mix. Turn on when you leave in the morning and when you get home, your house smells fantastic and dinner is ready!

Another great one, is to put a can of Cream of Chicken Soup and a can of Chicken with Rice Soup.......add your boneless chicken breasts and/or boneless thighs! Turn on and return home to dinner!!

And when you use a liner, not only is dinner ready, but the dishes are done......nothing to do but throw out the liner!!

There are so many more ways to use it, and I'm sure others will give you suggestions!!

ENJOY!!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all!!

VPCats-there was a thread on the Recipe section of this forum about crockpot recipes.

Easy one-nice piece of beef, can of beer, package Lipton onion soup, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Cook all day. Remove meat and shread, add back to liquid, serve of crusty rolls (dip rolls slightly in liquid). Serve with lots of napkins.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,523 times
Good morning My DS left with his buddies to go fishing at 4am out at East Pass in Destin.So I'm not sure what dinner will be. Maybe Spanish Makeril(sp)
or blue fish or black tip shark.(these are what they said they were hoping to get) getting ready to whip up some biscuits and sausage gravy. I'm sure he'll
be hungry when he gets home.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
vpcats.....first of all - go get the liners....They are called Slow Cooker Liners by Reynolds!!

Then, stock up on Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Cream of Celery and Onion Soups.

The greatest roast is in the crockpot......put in one can of mushroom soup and one can of celery soup....add roast.....cut up an onion on top of roast.....add sliced mushrooms......add carrots.....add a couple of potatoes, cut up and I also add a packet of onion soup mix. Turn on when you leave in the morning and when you get home, your house smells fantastic and dinner is ready!

Another great one, is to put a can of Cream of Chicken Soup and a can of Chicken with Rice Soup.......add your boneless chicken breasts and/or boneless thighs! Turn on and return home to dinner!!

And when you use a liner, not only is dinner ready, but the dishes are done......nothing to do but throw out the liner!!

There are so many more ways to use it, and I'm sure others will give you suggestions!!

ENJOY!!!!
Wow! Good morning. Thanks Bebette. These sound like absolute winners. These will be on my A1 list for when I have to cook. Hehehehehehehe....little does he know that I've got tricks up my sleeve thanks to all of you.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all!!

VPCats-there was a thread on the Recipe section of this forum about crockpot recipes.

Easy one-nice piece of beef, can of beer, package Lipton onion soup, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Cook all day. Remove meat and shread, add back to liquid, serve of crusty rolls (dip rolls slightly in liquid). Serve with lots of napkins.
hahahahaha.... I like the "napkins" side dish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink