Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,030,445 times

Advertisements

Roasted chicken quarters, green beans, mashed potatos.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
SKBS-the best way to be a great MOM is to take care of Mom first. I should have learned that long ago. If you take care of you first-you are able to take care of them better, words of age and wisdom.

Okay freezing-time for down and Mr. L.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,413,771 times
Like so many others I am also fighting some kind of cold and it is making it really hard to be nice. I wish everyone well and a quick recovery.
Tonight I made flounder. First dipped in egg, seasoned flour, egg, and whole wheat Panko and fried in just a little olive oil. It was very good. Carrots on the side.

kelsie- Thank you for the recipes

Lacey- I know how you feel cooking for two as many of us do. I end up with leftovers all the time. I've read of some neighborhoods where a few of the women each make 1 or 2 meals and they all swap. It sounds neat. You cook once a week and you get different meals. Oh yeah I have no neighbors.

Amber- That sounds like an amazing meal. I must have missed the invite.

cyn- I'm sure your parrot will be your BPFL

Old 02-05-2009, 07:05 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,798,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Thanks Kelsie.... I just downed a cup of the soup I made and Diva told me Campbell's Chicken Noodle was better .... I am sure it has something to do with the MSG or the lack of veggies or something...LOL.... oh well.... I try....she is downing an orange as I type. I don't care what she eats today to be honest. I am keeping her home again tomorrow to take her to the Ped's office for a strep test....
An easy way to check for strep is to look in her throat for colonies of the bacteria. Strep colonies look like white dots about 1/8" in diameter. If you don't see the dots, the doctor probably won't find strep.

Dinner tonight was taco bell. I hadn't been there in a long time and thought I'd give it a try because it was a busy day. After waiting for ten minutes for food, and then choking down a really lousy burrito, I remember why I quit going there.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,953,723 times
Good evening all. I hope all the sickies disappear soon. I have been fighting a sore throat on and off for a month. Went to dr. today, she said to gargle with warm salt water and don't talk much. Oh and eat lozenges. Did a strep test and that was neg. Then she did a throat culture because my nodes were swollen and it is hard to swallow. Will know in a couple of days or so.

DD so kindly made Hamb. Helper stroganoff and corn with brownies for dessert. I didn't eat too much. Not a big fan of HH but my kids sure are! Go figure.

Have a great evening!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:15 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,673,391 times
I've been gone most all day until just now....on the brink of CD withdrawal...dinner was a sandwich from the supermarket deli....

Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,326 times
So sorry to hear that so many of my friends here have caught the winter cruddies; it's hard enough to deal with months and months of cold and snow without having to deal with sore throats and stuffed sinuses on top of it. Sending you all wishes for a speedy recovery - and skbs, you are under special orders to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF as well as you do everyone else. Honey, if you wind up so sick you're in the hospital, who's gonna take care of your family? I promise you, twenty years from now it's just not going to matter whether you got the girls to EVERY SINGLE ONE of their activities - but it will matter that you took enough time to care for yourself so you can care for them.

Supper tonight is chicken paprikash with noodles, and I'm drooling on the keyboard smelling it. It was a looooong day of journal entries and reconciling accounts, and I am more than ready for a big old pile o' starch with all sorts of goodies on top. And on that note, the spouse just hollered that it's on the table, so I'll catch ya all later!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
I missed Jaxson getting her STAR Congrats!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,743,920 times
Had Captain Ken's Chili and saltines
and Oreo cookies for dessert. And that was right after attending a health seminar! Go figure. No hope for me.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Like so many others I am also fighting some kind of cold and it is making it really hard to be nice. I wish everyone well and a quick recovery.
Tonight I made flounder. First dipped in egg, seasoned flour, egg, and whole wheat Panko and fried in just a little olive oil. It was very good. Carrots on the side.

kelsie- Thank you for the recipes

Lacey- I know how you feel cooking for two as many of us do. I end up with leftovers all the time. I've read of some neighborhoods where a few of the women each make 1 or 2 meals and they all swap. It sounds neat. You cook once a week and you get different meals. Oh yeah I have no neighbors.

Amber- That sounds like an amazing meal. I must have missed the invite.

cyn- I'm sure your parrot will be your BPFL
If your ever in CA my door........... is locked ,but just knock ha ha ha. Dinner will be waiting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink