Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:05 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
Dirt Grinder: When you are emperor, you can have anyone who eats something you don't like executed or exiled or subjected to whatever creative punishment you choose. Until then, there will continue to be people who like things you don't like and people who eat things you would not eat. Try not to take it personally; it is not a challenge to your manhood.

If you don't want cheese on your sandwich, ask to have your sandwich made without cheese. If you find cheese on your fish sandwich, just take it off and get on with your life. Becoming outraged because someone else likes cheese on a fish sandwich is unnecessarily melodramatic. Life is too short to worry about the harmless choices of others.

Why does it always degrade to this - someone always has to resort to taking offense when there was nothing offensive.

I said I don't like cheese on my fish sandwich - and I simply asked who does. I even stated that it seems to be popular

Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I am not picky, but since the fish is breaded and fried, I usually don't put it between bread slices.
This.

REAL FISH EATERS DON'T PUT IT ON A BUN. WHY WOULD WE NEED BREAD AT ALL?

Sounds silly, right? Who am I to tell someone how to eat their fish? If you like it with bread, cool. If you like it with bread and cheese, that's cool too.

Eat what you like and let everyone else eat what they like without ridicule.

My question is: why did this nonsense deserve a thread?

Old 02-28-2015, 11:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I got a fried cod sandwich today and, when I went to take a bite, I noticed it had a slice of cheese on it. To me, that's a terrible combination - fried fish, tartar sauce, and cheese. It must be something people like because I looked at some of the other fast-food places, and they also put cheese on their fish sandwiches.

Do most people like cheese on their fish sandwiches?

I rarely eat fish and when I do, which is usually during Lent I only eat one kind and I do not put cheese on it but I do have macaroni and cheese with it as a side dish.

I am not a big cheese eater when it is melted anyway because it tends to get salty to me when melted so I am quite specific with the cheese I use when cooking.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:00 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
By the way, I went to the Lent fish fry at the Catholic church down the street and there were a lot of people eating fish sandwiches with cheese. In fact, I would guess the majority opted for cheese.

Welcome to America. Everything is better with cheese.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,580 times
Someone mentioned if we knew what was in a Filet-o-fish, we wouldn't care about the cheese.

Someone care to elaborate? I used to allow my son to have these on occasion...thought they were possibly one of the only things McD's couldn't screw up. He never had anything else, so now I am wondering just what the heck really goes into one.

I don't eat fried fish sandwiches, personally, as I prefer Sashimi salads or sushi.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:26 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
?..My question is: why did this nonsense deserve a thread?
You done hurt my feelings.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:47 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't like cheese on my fish sandwiches but it seems to be common combination in the USA.
I don't eat no stinkin' cheese on my fish.....and I like Checkers fish sandwiches, too. Very crispy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
that old saw about not serving cheese with fish has long ago been thoroughly discredited.
I think that old saw was milk and fish. My father swore his mother died from eating a little fried fish and drinking some milk, the night before she died. She actually died of pnuemonia. That was in 1928. They didn't eat much cheese back then in the South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I'm quoting my first post so that I can comment on yours, Nita. Not only can I not have cheese on any fish or seafood [*shudder*], it's the taste -- no, not even just the taste; the THOUGHT -- of warm or hot canned tuna that sends me into a tizzy. I love a good piece of real tuna -- seared or as sushi -- but canned tuna, for me, has to be cold. AND NO CHEESE ANYWHERE NEAR THE FISHIES.
I only eat cold tuna or seared....and NO tuna melt.....gag.

Last edited by AnnieA; 03-01-2015 at 01:18 AM..

Old 03-01-2015, 05:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
This.

REAL FISH EATERS DON'T PUT IT ON A BUN. WHY WOULD WE NEED BREAD AT ALL?

Sounds silly, right? Who am I to tell someone how to eat their fish? If you like it with bread, cool. If you like it with bread and cheese, that's cool too.

Eat what you like and let everyone else eat what they like without ridicule.

My question is: why did this nonsense deserve a thread?

if there can be 368 threads on why people shouldn't eat meat,

one thread about cheese and fish, is totally acceptable

this is a food discussion forum,,,,

Old 03-01-2015, 05:42 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
I just remembered a funny story about the last time I got a McDonald's fish sandwich: About a million years ago (okay, 20 years ago... whatever), I went to the drive-through and ordered a Filet-o-Fish. I hadn't had one in a bazillion years (you know exactly what I mean!) and told them "NO cheese." NO cheese. NO cheese. When I opened the sandwich, what did I find? Cheese. And NO tartar sauce. What??? The tartar sauce is the best part! URGH!

Old 03-01-2015, 07:26 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if you knew what was in a filet 0 fish, the cheese wouldn't be bothering you
According to McDonald's, it's made of haddock. They're doing commercials now to address people who say that the burgers are full of "pink slime" and comments like yours above.

Anyway, I've eaten them for years myself and they haven't killed me yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink