Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Easter Vs. Halloween: What Holiday Has Better Candy???
Easter 21 58.33%
Halloween 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:31 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,001,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It seems like there is a seasonal variety of pretty much everything. Peeps (gross) are even made for other seasons/holidays.

May as well just eat a tablespoon of sugar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 10:23 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,912,280 times
Cadbury eggs, solid chocolate bunnies - dark or white - those peanut butter eggs and little egg shaped kisses are cool as far as Easter is concerned but Halloween is all candies. A full bagful rather than a measly basket. I never realized it until now but, the Easter Bunny is a tight SOB!

I am going to CVS tomorrow and get some 1/2 priced Easter stuff...Chocolate bunnies, Cadbury and peanut butter eggs to be specific. Sugar overload happens once in a while but who cares?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:59 AM

92 posts, read 111,569 times
Easter! Cadbury Eggs and Robin Eggs are my favorite!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:06 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,976,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Cadbury eggs, solid chocolate bunnies - dark or white - those peanut butter eggs and little egg shaped kisses are cool as far as Easter is concerned but Halloween is all candies. A full bagful rather than a measly basket. I never realized it until now but, the Easter Bunny is a tight SOB!

I am going to CVS tomorrow and get some 1/2 priced Easter stuff...Chocolate bunnies, Cadbury and peanut butter eggs to be specific. Sugar overload happens once in a while but who cares?
No, armory, the truly tight SOB is the guy who doesn't buy candy for the Trick or Treat kids but instead, gives out the individual catsup/mustard/duck sauce/soy sauce that you get when you order take-out. Saves 'em up all year and hands them out with a cackle!

I'll take Easter candy any day, peeps and all! lol

Old 04-06-2015, 10:14 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,824,496 times
Okay most of you know by now that I am obsessed with Halloween but I have to go with Easter candy. There's just something about the way those ears on those giant marshmallow bunnies hit the sides of my tongue on that first bite. It hits the G spot in my brain just right every time. I've probably eaten about 15 of them before they disappeared. Now I'm on to those candy coated marshmallow eggs. I can't stop! I'm going back to the store tonight and I guarantee I will be looking for them or those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. I'm hoping they're all gone. I've been exercising like crazy to keep the weight gain away and riding 12 miles after that pm /night double yesterday almost killed me. A junkie knows no boundaries.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:42 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,289,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I never realized it until now but, the Easter Bunny is a tight SOB!
You wouldn't know it looking at my Facebook newsfeed. Apparently the Easter Bunny who visited my friends' kids is very generous, giving toys, bikes, concert tickets, etc.

Sheesh. I feel cheated.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:25 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,976,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
You wouldn't know it looking at my Facebook newsfeed. Apparently the Easter Bunny who visited my friends' kids is very generous, giving toys, bikes, concert tickets, etc.

Sheesh. I feel cheated.
Quite right, apex! Time was when the EB brought a basket with a chocolate rabbit, jelly beans, a chocolate-covered marshmallow cross (just a reminder of what it was all about), a coconut cream egg and some hard-boiled colored eggs.

Then some Momma who thought that there was too much candy in there, supplanted some of the chocolate with a coloring book or a Matchbox car. (Momma ate the missing candy!) Then doting Grandma and Grandpa had to get in on the act and give the little darling an Easter present. (I don't)

It has now evolved into a full-fledged Christmas in Spring. This became evident last week when I came across my 9 y.o. granddaughter's "Easter List". Laughed myself silly, but it's sad, really.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 AM

88,749 posts, read 85,140,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Quite right, apex! Time was when the EB brought a basket with a chocolate rabbit, jelly beans, a chocolate-covered marshmallow cross (just a reminder of what it was all about), a coconut cream egg and some hard-boiled colored eggs.

Then some Momma who thought that there was too much candy in there, supplanted some of the chocolate with a coloring book or a Matchbox car. (Momma ate the missing candy!) Then doting Grandma and Grandpa had to get in on the act and give the little darling an Easter present. (I don't)

It has now evolved into a full-fledged Christmas in Spring. This became evident last week when I came across my 9 y.o. granddaughter's "Easter List". Laughed myself silly, but it's sad, really.
That's crazy. We got candy and that was it. Well, one year my parents decided to give us fruit in our baskets. That didn't go over big. Fortunately, my grandmothers saved the day.

Since I only had one kid, I used to tuck a small gift, like maybe a videotape with a Disney movie or a book, into her basket with the candy.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,914,705 times
I guess I'm one of the few who like those candy-coated, brightly-colored, marshmallow-like eggs.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:29 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,108,006 times
Easter! Big hollow chocolate rabbits, coconut eggs, chocolate covered pound cake eggs, black jelly beans, regular jelly beans, foil covered chocolate eggs, marzipan chicks and eggs. Hollow chocolate eggs with more candies inside. Easter candy smells really good too.

Easter has more variety and its easy to get higher quality chocolate than for Halloween which is mostly tiny versions of regular candy bars. Plus a lot of cheap crap like smarties, candy corn and those blobs in the black and orange wax paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink