Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 10:08 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Light dinner tonight buffet style...I am preparing naan with cilantro in it and to put on it a variety of tomato slices,cucumber slices,onion slices,thin green Bell peppers,dill pickles,chili peppers,shredded old cheddar cheese,shredded tandoori chicken breast, a bowl of garlic yogurt sauce or yogurt/chili/mint sauce as well cucumber raita. To drink lassi or who is real thirsty a chilled beer
Wow, Alm. That sounds like a naan pizza. I'm going to try this during the weekend.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM

497 posts, read 387,460 times
Maple flavored Sausage Links

Mashed Potato Patties

Mandarin Oranges

Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
Someone asked about the chicken cakes we're having for dinner, so I'll post a link to the recipe here. I got this from a Southern Living magazine about 20 years ago. One significant change I make is to use a lot less of the bread crumbs (no more than 2/3 cups, maybe less) and a bit more mayo in the cakes. Otherwise, they are dry. I also make them in a mini size for appetizers.

Chicken Cakes with Rémoulade Sauce Recipe | MyRecipes.com

ETA: Oh, my, I have a gold star.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM

Good morning all, today is finally my birthday and I'm feeling a lot better! (Still can't chew ribs yet though). My brother-in-law and sister are giving me a birthday party with their friends at a small movie theater in Columbia City. I've chosen one of my favorite movies for the evening - Monsoon Wedding. I've asked for crab legs, a baked potato bar and champagne. There will be a little dancing and cake afterwards. Looking forward to spending time with my husband since he's been out of town on business all week. I don't know any of the guests because we're still fairly new to the State of Washington.

Have a super weekend everyone!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:06 AM

126,270 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Good morning all, today is finally my birthday and I'm feeling a lot better! (Still can't chew ribs yet though). My brother-in-law and sister are giving me a birthday party with their friends at a small movie theater in Columbia City. I've chosen one of my favorite movies for the evening - Monsoon Wedding. I've asked for crab legs, a baked potato bar and champagne. There will be a little dancing and cake afterwards. Looking forward to spending time with my husband since he's been out of town on business all week. I don't know any of the guests because we're still fairly new to the State of Washington.

Happy birthday Praline wishing you good health and happiness for the following year and always

Old 07-15-2016, 11:23 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,261,439 times
Street tacos with ice cold horchata.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:30 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Someone asked about the chicken cakes we're having for dinner, so I'll post a link to the recipe here. I got this from a Southern Living magazine about 20 years ago. One significant change I make is to use a lot less of the bread crumbs (no more than 2/3 cups, maybe less) and a bit more mayo in the cakes. Otherwise, they are dry. I also make them in a mini size for appetizers.

Chicken Cakes with Rémoulade Sauce Recipe | MyRecipes.com

ETA: Oh, my, I have a gold star.
Congrats!

Quote:

Happy Birthday!^^^

Tonight is a repeat of last night:

Chuck steak, baked potatoes, and Caesar salad.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:43 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,451,518 times
Quote:

Happy Birthday to you.....
Happy BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!!
Happy BIRTHDAY DEAR Praline
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful celebration and weekend too!!

Dinner - let's see. Something very easy - long day and I'm pooped!!! I have to think about it - probably something frozen. Deciding on frozen "what" is the hard part. Same with husband. I do have some nice, thick cut pork chops defrosting for Sunday (on the grill) so at least we'll have a REAL meal (so to speak) then. Today and tomorrow are kind of throw away days so we'll probably just do our own things again tomorrow too.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:28 PM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes (Almrausch, picklejuice, Missy2U, Dawn). I really appreciate them.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:30 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Orzo primavera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink