Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 10:43 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,204,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are celebrating our 58th wedding anniversary today, but instead of going out for dinner, we are eating here; Spoiled brat is grilling rib eye steaks for us and we will either have crab legs or a lobster tail with the steaks. We are going to do some errands when we finish water walking. What we end up having will depend what is the best deal? If push comes to shove we might have shrimp. I will make a nice salad and either have okra for spoiled brat or baked potatoes.

We were thinking about seeing a movie but I can't let my leg dangle that long. It would have been our first time at a theatre for probably 20 years.
happy 58th!!!

go with the rib eyes

beef is an aphrodisiac..... right up there with clams!

I have 3 beef cut posters on the bedroom wall,

enjoy yourself no matter what you do

Old 08-29-2016, 12:24 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,315 times
[quote=Jrsygrl51My friend is coming to do my hair tonight, so I'm getting Papa Murphy's lite pizzas for us. BBQ Chicken and Chicken spinach and artichoke, and LOTS of wine!![/QUOTE]

Change of plans. My hairdresser is ill, so I'm ordering Olive Garden. DS and I are sharing pasta fagioli, salad, bread sticks with Alfredo sauce, chicken Marsala and 5 cheese ziti a la forno. DS is asking for a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, which as luck will have it is right next door to the Olive Garden!

Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Chicken breast simmered in Chardonnay with lots of baby Portobello mushrooms, a dash of cream, home made rice a roni for SO, green salad. Maybe crepes with honey for desert. He had to drive my red neck today so I better make up for it.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:50 PM

802 posts, read 642,276 times

Couldn't decide between mac and cheese or fried taters last night, so made both. With pork steaks and spinach. Pork steaks were huge. I only made it about a third of the way through mine.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:52 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,469,057 times
We just got back from a mini vacation up in Rangeley, Maine. Such a beautiful spot. Dinners were nothing special until last night. We went to Parkside and Main and sat on the deck overlooking the lake. I had fish tacos that were crazy good, husband had baked stuffed haddock, kids had clam chowder and shrimp cocktail. Just a great meal with a great waitress, on a perfect late summer night.

Back to reality. Tonight we are grilling some ribeyes and some Mr. Stripey tomatoes from the garden. I might make another side but I am undecided at the moment.

Happy 58th anniversary nmnita! Wishing many more happy years for you two!

Old 08-29-2016, 02:36 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
We are celebrating our 58th wedding anniversary today, but instead of going out for dinner, we are eating here; Spoiled brat is grilling rib eye steaks for us and we will either have crab legs or a lobster tail with the steaks. We are going to do some errands when we finish water walking. What we end up having will depend what is the best deal? If push comes to shove we might have shrimp. I will make a nice salad and either have okra for spoiled brat or baked potatoes.

We were thinking about seeing a movie but I can't let my leg dangle that long. It would have been our first time at a theatre for probably 20 years.
Congrats on 58 years!!! Wow. I can't imagine being married to my DH 58 years LOL. I do love him dearly though. Enjoy what ever you do today. If I lived nearby I'd cook you guys dinner

Anyway I am grilling a sausage ring that has parsley and cheese inside and a couple of hamburgers no bun this time. Cupboard is very low but I wanted to use up all of my meats in the freezer before restocking since my freezer is small.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:14 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
all veggies tonight
baked cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce
green beans sauteed in bacon drippings
carrots and fresh tomatoes with mozzarella chunks
Texas Toast
peaches, black, blue, straw and rasp-berries compote

Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM

496 posts, read 411,366 times
Happy Anniversary nmnita!!

Old 08-29-2016, 04:09 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,347 times
Happy anniversary, nmita!

We're having spicy little lamb meatballs in tomato sauce with eggplant, sprinkled with a little fresh mint from the garden.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:11 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:

58th! Oh my! What an achievement these days! Congratulations to you, and to spoiled brat.

BTW - you don't write a day over 32!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink