Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 05:11 PM

36 posts, read 25,048 times

Advertisements

I avoid Walmart at all costs so grocery shopping is out of the question.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Local producers of MILK?

hahaha ok.

Have you ever even been inside a Walmart grocery? You know they have a bakery dept with all the same stuff your grocery store has, including in store items? Same brands etc.

You don't know they even carry Horizons Organic and Organic Valley dairy, right?

EXACTLY like in Publix or other grocery chains.

Not all WalMarts, they are different at different locations.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-15-2017, 05:29 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
When did Kroger come to Southern California?
Ralph's and Smith's are both divisions of Kroger's.

Kroger's also operates convenience stores in Socal.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:55 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
Do most people shop at Walmart for their groceries in the US? I was interested to know this as I'm from UK and always hear Walmart as the main store for food shopping. If anyone is familiar with UK food stores, where would you place Walmart in regards to comparison to stores such as Sainsburys, Asda (which I belive was owned by Walmart) Waitrose, Tesco, Morrison's? I am presuming states like California are more wholefood stores and therefore more expensive to grocery shop, though again I'm not sure on that so correct me if i'm wrong
Ugh. On some staples, maybe -- salt, flour, paper towels. On FOOD? Honestly, no one I know shops at WalMart on a regular basis. Maybe they might pick up something if they are there to pick up cosmetics or some auto parts or cheap DVDs or toys. Otherwise, nope. Around here, it's Publix, Kroger, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and an occasional Aldi and Ingles. I would drive by 3 WalMarts to get to a Publix. The vegetables always looked tired and bruised, and the meat . . .*shudder*. And every time I've picked up milk, it always seems to go bad quicker than when I get it from a good grocery store.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:03 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:

Local producers of MILK?

hahaha ok.

Have you ever even been inside a Walmart grocery? You know they have a bakery dept with all the same stuff your grocery store has, including in store items? Same brands etc.

You don't know they even carry Horizons Organic and Organic Valley dairy, right?

Local milk for me is Rasband Dairy. 12 miles away. Not available at Walmart.

Local bread from Fano Bakery and Golden Crown bakery. 2-3 miles away. Not available at Walmart.

Eggs from various local farmers. All within 10 miles Not available at Walmart.

And all those are available at the Co-op 3/4 mile from my house.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:21 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
FYI, I was a Chobani Rep for awhile so I got into the back storage areas of all the stores. Any store is only as good as the management. If your Walmart has wonky carts, because nobody gets them out of the parking lot before they get bent, this translates to the personnel in the store.
Contrast this with the personel at Publix, Harris Teeter, Buehlers, for example, where the employees have a vested interest in the store. The carts get returned to the store right away, so they don't get rusty or dented. The baggers are glad to load your groceries for you. You don't need to look at the dates on products because someone who gives a darn has stocked the shelves.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:25 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Are you kidding?

NOTHING would induce me to buy groceries at Walmart unless I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no other option.

Why anyone would voluntarily support a company with such a contemptible reputation is beyond me.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Local producers of MILK?

hahaha ok.

of course they are: they carry the same brands as any super market and the products come packaged to Wal Mart just like they do to any market. I am not a huge supporter of Wal Mart for many things but some people seem to think their dairy products, bakery products and frozen products are inferior. This is just not true.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:28 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I will say that on my last trip to the local WalMart I ran across two employees who were so nice and friendly they really stood out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-15-2017, 06:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Are you kidding?

NOTHING would induce me to buy groceries at Walmart unless I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no other option.

Why anyone would voluntarily support a company with such a contemptible reputation is beyond me.
and what do you really know about them other than what you have been, perhaps brain washed to believe?
Again, as I have said many times on this topic, I do not shop at Wal Mart a lot, and am not a loyalist by any means, but when I see comments like this, I have to wonder where these ideas come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink