Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 09:56 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times

Advertisements

I see both with skin and without everywhere. If your regular store doesn't have skin on chicken try somewhere else.
I buy skin on bone in chicken. I usually remove the skin but sometimes leave it on and roast the chicken for the crisp delicious skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 10:00 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I don't know what "sproingy" chicken skin means. What does it mean? I've never been "FURIOUS" about buying chicken, either, for any reason. Seems a bit extreme. I can image that you'd be upset if you can't buy what you want - but furious seems a bit over the top.

Where I live and every other place I've lived or visited, I've always been able to find chicken with and without skin. There is an exception to my statement - I don't recall ever seeing skinless chicken wings or drumsticks anywhere. Maybe that's because I just didn't notice them, but I don't think so. Next time I go to the store, I'm going to look.

OK, fine..........I will explain why I started this thread.

I go into the grocery-store yesterday, looking for chicken for my lunch. All of the chicken-packages that were of the type of chicken-cuts I was looking for, had the skin removed. Not just the breasts.....thighs and legs also. I hate grocery shopping because of this type nonsense, hem, haw and have to go to another store to find what I am looking for, yuck.

And as a bonus to this stupid trend of wrecking chicken, butchers now remove just about every scrap of fat from pork-meat..............SMH!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, I am angry at this nonsense, pig-biting mad actually.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
I'd be happy to find skinless legs. I hate skinning those things. But that's because I rarely make legs in anything but a sauce. I think it would be different if I made chicken legs with crispy skin. If I want them crispy, I just batter and fry them, but that's such a pain, I don't do it that often.

In this area skin is on thighs and legs and on bone-in chicken breasts.

I'm also one who cuts the fat off pork and some beef. I absolutely hate biting into a forkful of pork only to find myself trying to eat some chewy, icky fat. It's just a personal phobia. And as I make most of my meats in the crock pot, I really don't need the fat to make them tender.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:14 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Where I live, if it is deboned, the skin is off.

If it is bone in, the skin is on.

So I buy bone in, and then debone it. Voila, boneless, skin-on chicken.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
OK, and who the HECK thinks that taking skin off of an already very-lean cut of meat, chicken-breasts, is a logical, sane or palatable thing to do?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
OK, and who the HECK thinks that taking skin off of an already very-lean cut of meat, chicken-breasts, is a logical, sane or palatable thing to do?
A lot of people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-16-2018, 10:58 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Quote:
I'm seeing more and more dry/skinless/fat-stripped meat in Walmart....and not just the chicken.
Walmart - there is the problem, in my opinion. Go somewhere else (regular grocery store, meat market, etc.) and you will find what you want, as many posters here have stated.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:09 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,425,882 times
I'm still trying to figure out how they manage to make bacon that won't render down a lot of good bacon grease. I have to go the a butcher shop and pay $7.00 a pound in order to make German potato salad.

Makes me want to whine, "Just because some people can't eat fat why should the rest of us all be put on a diet?" Waaaah.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
OK, fine..........I will explain why I started this thread.

I go into the grocery-store yesterday, looking for chicken for my lunch. All of the chicken-packages that were of the type of chicken-cuts I was looking for, had the skin removed. Not just the breasts.....thighs and legs also. I hate grocery shopping because of this type nonsense, hem, haw and have to go to another store to find what I am looking for, yuck.

And as a bonus to this stupid trend of wrecking chicken, butchers now remove just about every scrap of fat from pork-meat..............SMH!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, I am angry at this nonsense, pig-biting mad actually.
check online, before you go.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:33 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
I have no trouble finding skin-on chicken. Nothing quite like crispy barbecued chicken skin, mmmm mmmmmmm! Not a big fan of the soggy "sproingy" variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink