Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Was the food good?
I've had better at Taco Bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 03:41 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I've had better at Taco Bell.
Bet you won't be visiting that restaurant again! I know I wouldn't.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:47 PM

Never.
It was just too strange. The woman with her legs up was just bizarre. As my husband said "the food was not great, but the clientele was really bad"

Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wow, I am either going to need to quit drunken baking, OR my oven is broken. Tonight, we just had a few leftovers for dinner, so I decided to bake some package mix brownies. I firmly beleive I set the oven as I have a thousand times, and set the timer for 35 mins, per package instructions.
After about 15 mins, DH said, "Did you spill something in the oven?" I can't think of anything. So, after about 30 mins. I pulled out the brownies, and they were black on both sides.
I have never burned anything in my life, except on the grill. I fear it's the fault of my oven, but I will double check it when I'm stone cold sober tomorrow.
Ok, so tonight I made another box of brownies and the oven is fine. Don't know what happened the other day.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Ok, so tonight I made another box of brownies and the oven is fine. Don't know what happened the other day.
Oops! Sounds like operator error!

Old 07-29-2012, 04:06 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Now this is a funny story...my friend does not like dairy products...some...he is just a very "fussy" eater. So he is ordering his food and specifically tells the waitress he does not want any cheese on his salad or sour cream on his potatoes...she asks him if he is lactose intolerant...and he says he is...okay...fast forward to dessert....they have cheesecake, strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream, homemade cherry pie with vanilla ice cream, the waitress rattles off the choices...and my friend wants cheesecake. The waitress tells him it is made with dairy products....and would make him "ill" because of his lactose issues...so he chooses the strawberry shortcake instead, and she brings it out...no whipped cream. He really wanted the whipped cream....but made such a big deal about no dairy products on his dinner...he is too embarrassed to go back on it...she even brings him coffee with fake creamer because of his "lactose intolerance"....I laughed and laughed....and told him to give her a big tip....
This sounds just like our friends who don't like anything (FWDLA).
She likes lemon meringue pie, but does not like lemons. He likes French onion soup, but does not like onions. To cook for these people is all about adopting an "eat it or wear it" attitude, or they'll take over.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Oops! Sounds like operator error!
530F can look a lot like 350F under certain conditions!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times
Quote:
This sounds just like our friends who don't like anything (FWDLA).
She likes lemon meringue pie, but does not like lemons. He likes French onion soup, but does not like onions. To cook for these people is all about adopting an "eat it or wear it" attitude, or they'll take over.
I must have been living under a rock. When did everything change? When my kids were growing up, it was 'you'll eat what we're having or you can go without'. They survived. When did it change to 'this is what we're having, but if you don't like it we can make (insert anything) for you to eat instead'.

What? Not this grandma. I'm only cooking one meal and that's it. If it's not what they prefer, too bad. Either tough it out or do without.

I know - I'm a dinosaur, I guess. Obsolete.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Another dino here. My Mom made dinner and said, "eat it or starve". I said the same thing.

My son cooks, quite well actually, but eats fast food junk most of the time.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I love going out with people to restaurants, who order food not unlike Meg Ryan, in "When Harry Met Sally"...."I want a vanilla Sundae, made with chocolate ice cream, nuts on top, but only if they are roasted almonds, no whipped cream, I want Cool Whip, If you don't have Cool Whip, don't bother, and I want fresh strawberries on the sundae, not frozen. Put chocolate sauce on the side, and please put this is a large bowl, not a sundae dish"...blah blah...whatever...

Even at a restaurant...sure you pay for the food, but at some point...really...get a reality check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink