Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 05:50 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,920,390 times

Advertisements

On the counter:
Coffee maker
Air fryer toaster oven
Kitchenaid stand mixer

In a drawer:
Sous vide
Immersion blender
Cuisinart blender/small food processor combo
Toaster

On a shelf next to the kitchen:
Regular food processor
Vacuum sealer
2 Instant Pots (3 QT and 6 QT)

In a cabinet:
Waffle maker
Digital scale

In the laundry room/pantry:
Bread machine
Ice Cream maker

My poor husband has a fit trying to remember where everything goes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 08:31 AM

19,432 posts, read 27,819,296 times
On the counter: a keurig and a breville convection oven. Thats all (and we have a lot of counter space.

In various closets, sight unseen: blender, stick blender, 3 quart IP, 6 quart IP, full size food processor (DH's "I wanna make bread" toy that rarely gets used and I'd like to sell), mini food processor, a coffee grinder for spices, a coffee grinder for dog kibble (mixed with water and peanut butter for frozen kongs), tiny rice cooker, a slow cooker (this probably needs to go), a sous vide immersion stick, hand mixer (a wedding gift from the first marriage in 1975 z avocado green!) and who knows what else.

No toaster. No electric can opener. No air fryer. No standing mixer.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:39 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,651 times
A gifted IP that lives on top of the fridge, and an immersion blender that lives in a drawer. I prefer my counters clear, and there's really nothing I want in addition to what I already have. I use the IP most often to make beans, so maybe once or twice a month. I use the immersion blender infrequently, but when I need it, I really need it.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:16 PM

130,122 posts, read 12,082,762 times
counter top, coffee pot, electric kettle, ice machine & toaster oven. All get used either daily or at least once a week.

Air fryer & instant pot on a trolley. small crock pot & stick blender in cupboards.

I use the electric kettle often, sometimes I like a hot cup of tea, & I used boiled water, no microwave tea for me. If I am cooking veg or pasta on the stove top, I boil the water in the kettle first. The toaster oven also get used very frequently as it is too hot to use the oven in the wall. The instapot & the air fryer were gifts, & the trolley is out of the way. I love my ice machine, I use it many times every day.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:36 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,660,797 times
On the counter:
Microwave with convection cooking--use several times daily for reheating human and pet food.
Toaster--use daily.
Food processor--use weekly, and have a space for it.
Mini-chopper--use several times a week.
Vitamix--variable use.
Bread maker--use twice a week. Too cumbersome to move.
KA stand mixer--use 1-2 times/month and 500 times during the winter holidays. Too heavy to move easily.

On the kitchen island:
Ice cream maker with compressor--variable use, and would like to put it somewhere else, but it's too big and heavy to move without help.

Kitchen drawers:
Immersion blender--use a lot during the winter for soup.
Hand mixer--variable use.

In the pantry: Get them out when I need them.
Breadmaker.
Ice cream maker with freezer bowls.
Blender.
Crockpot.
Slow cooker with browning function.
Two electric waffle irons, one Belgian and one regular.
Ebelskiver maker.
Electric knife.

Recently purged:
Ancient crockpot with broken lid.
Electric frying pan.
Cupcake baker.
Rice cooker.
Air fryer.

Note that I live where there are frequent power failures which render my induction range useless, but I can use these small appliances off the generator, and I do a lot of baking and ice cream making.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:37 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,046,770 times
Very small kitchen, microwave oven, toaster oven, toaster are all out. Hidden away, mini food processor, coffee grinder, hand mixer.

Old 09-26-2022, 05:20 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
I have a very old house with a galley kitchen with very little counter space. I have no appliances on the counter top, rather I keep them in a nearby walkin pantry. The microwave and coffee maker stay plugged in and ready to use. I also have a bread maker, stand mixer, crock pot, and toaster, none of them on the counter top. I refuse to buy any other appliances that I can easily live without.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:09 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
Countertop? A toaster, coffemaker, microwave. That's all there is room for.

In cabinets? Don't get me started. Multiple slow cookers, mixers, choppers, other coffeemakers, bread machine, air fryer, juice squeezer, coffee mill, waffle makers, grills, even an InstaPot. And I'm probably forgetting a few.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:40 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
On the counter:
Coffee maker
Air fryer toaster oven
Kitchenaid stand mixer

In a drawer:
Sous vide
Immersion blender
Cuisinart blender/small food processor combo
Toaster

On a shelf next to the kitchen:
Regular food processor
Vacuum sealer
2 Instant Pots (3 QT and 6 QT)

In a cabinet:
Waffle maker
Digital scale

In the laundry room/pantry:
Bread machine
Ice Cream maker

My poor husband has a fit trying to remember where everything goes!
How often do you use the Sous vide equipment and for what?

Old 09-26-2022, 10:23 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,398,473 times
I knew I forgot things: immersion blender, vac-sealer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink