Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times

Advertisements

We are having sweet sausages with bell peppers and onions on hoagies for dinner tonight. I think DH will grill the sausages.
Thanks for all the great ideas about my insurance and seeing another Dr. and believe me I am hearing all of what everyone has said. As far as my insurance goes my hands are tied and I must keep them and pray they don't try to drop me because of any of this. That is one reason I am not making a bigger issue out of this all. I did feel weird after taking the anti-inflamitory but it could just be psychological although I have lots of weird reactions to different drugs. Anyhow I have also been exercising my arm today and do feel sore I do feel good about at least doing what I can. If I don't need surgery the better off I am. Still would like to know what really is wrong but who cares I guess as long as it heals up. I also did take the new A/D because the other one wasn't working very well of. Of course I don't know if any A/D could work to well after my last few months! Ha! But I only take a low dosage once a day so I'll give that a try. The other pills can go in my drawer in case I really feel the need--the pain pills, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers..oh my!
Oh yes...good news, I gained back 5 pounds!!! Horray! Hope I don't get carried away now and turn into the "Poppin'-Fresh-Dough-Man".

Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Cyn the new A/D will take a month to fully kick.

I feel so bad you're hurting-if it's soft tissue try heat during the day and evening use ice 10 min on 20 min off.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
It hurts after I have used it more lately. I really think I tore or pulled the muscle, roto cap or something like that. I've been reseraching it online and it fits the symptoms. PT is probably going to be what helps in the long run. I do the heat at night Lacey but the ice is a good idea--thanks. If I can get my mental state up and going good again I can deal with this physical problem. Sure is great getting old! Ha!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Cyn ice prior to bed-it reduces the swelling.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Trying to clean out two freezers before we move. So, tonight it's leftover meatloaf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NMS,Toosie,Crazy and I can help!
Yes, Suzanne...we're here for ya, girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Cyn the new A/D will take a month to fully kick.

I feel so bad you're hurting-if it's soft tissue try heat during the day and evening use ice 10 min on 20 min off.
That's the routine that the PT folks suggested to me, too. Hope you feel better, Cyn. Shoulder issues aren't fun, that's for sure.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
My dinner table tonight will be graced with fish tacos. I'm planning to grill the tilapia once it is thawed, and then heat up some corn tortillas and add two kinds of grated cheese and picante sauce. Should be a good one.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Dinner was delicious, but I think I'd feel much better if I would explode.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Dinner was delicious, but I think I'd feel much better if I would explode.
OMG, I was just thinking the same thing! I want to stick a needle in my tummy to let out some air. I think I ate a little too much, but it was soooo good!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Southwest Soup from Southern Living Magazine. I fear it's loaded with sodium, but it just sounded good. Ground beef, onion, garlic, and about a million cans of beans and tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning. I have some cornbread in the freezer, too.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Mother@!#$@*&!!!! My Internet Explorer shut down just as I was finishing my post! Let's see if I can improve on it

Last night was an international non-cooking night. I went to a different international farmer's market (read big international grocery store) and went forging for food. I would like some kudos please as I did not take someone else's grocery cart this time I purchased some kim bob which is a Korean sushi. I purchased the vegetarian ones and then I hit a local Vietnamese bakery and picked up Vietnamese sandwiches. They are a steal at $2.50 a piece. They bake their own Vietnamese version of a baguette there. If you purchase 5, you get the 6th one free

While at the farmer's market, I was looking at all the fresh fish and trying to decide what I wanted to serve for dinner. I was reading all the little descriptions and suggested cooking techniques and ran across the bonita fish. The description stated that it tasted a lot like tuna and should be breaded and pan fried. Well it looked very, very fresh and at 99 cents a pound how could I go wrong? The entire fish was under $3! I had them fillet it and I breaded it with...panko of course. I had an avocado that needed to be served so I sliced it up after the fish was done and melted some cheese on top of it too (I was too lazy to make a sauce.) It was delicious and it did taste a lot like and had the consistency of tuna.

For dessert, we are having donuts. Yes I said it - donuts! I took my neighbor to pick up her car from the shop and on the way back I thought...hmmm...there is that incredible locally owned donut shop. I should stop in. I practically made an illegal u-turn (alright - it was illegal) and there I was at the parking lot. They had less than a dozen donuts left. All the descriptions sounded so incredible but I resisted and only purchased 4 donuts (breakfast for tomorrow). I can't wait!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink