Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM

890 posts, read 3,699,981 times

Advertisements

I just can't believe how well Ford is doing with their new cars...makes me proud to say, "America built that!" Glad it's holding up well; 8,700 rental miles is like 57,000 normal miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,218,445 times
UPDATE!

Just picked up another rental a little while ago... another Ford Fusion. It was dark when got it, but the car is the same color, so I thought it was the same car at first.... I later realized the car I was in had cloth interior and the one we rented back in June when I first posted this and the pic had leather interior. It also started coming back to me some of the features that the other car I had that this car didnt. This one we have now is the SE model, whereas the other was an SEL. This one lacks the leather, sunroof, lighted cup holders, dual climate control, auto headlamps, outside temperature display and compass to mention a few... the main thing is that this one has the 4-cylinder and the other was a 6-cylinder.... which i noticed almost as soon as I pulled out... I was thinking, "gosh, I remember this being a more powerful car last time", then it dawned on me and from the sound of the engine that I had a 4-cylinder in this one. I was noticing I was going to 3000 rpms in this 4-cyl, at that the V6 model was doing easily at 2500 rpms. Now it was a smooth 4-cylinder engine and pretty peppy, but if I had a choice, I would definitely go for the optional V6. It was smoother and much more powerful, I remember that. You can kinda feel this 4-cylinder idling through the steering wheel, whereas on the V6, it was like it was not even running. If one can afford the more $ for the V6, go for it. Post some pics tomorrow evening after we get back to see what changes between the two and to report how I liked the 4.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,305,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
I just can't believe how well Ford is doing with their new cars...makes me proud to say, "America built that!" Glad it's holding up well; 8,700 rental miles is like 57,000 normal miles.
Not necessarily NEW cars. Back in the day you could actually rent a '66 Shelby GT-350H just like this. Whoever thought of this should have been FIRED! LOL Drag strip action as well as street racing and beating the living s*** out of this rental car was the norm. Rent it and drive it to one inch of it's life and then return it on Monday. With a Ford what did or what do you expect? The Fusion isn't my bag but it wears my loyal brand colors and emblem. I'm pulling for it and pray it steals some ricer customers. Google Image Result for http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/9180343/mump_0608_shelby_09_z+1966_hertz_shelby_gt_350h_mu stang+.jpg

Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
Hertz did it again on 06 too. They had new Mustang GT shelbys that you could rent from the major Hertz places. These cars today bring good $$ too.

Timeline: 2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H Mustang - The Mustang Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Not necessarily NEW cars. Back in the day you could actually rent a '66 Shelby GT-350H just like this. Whoever thought of this should have been FIRED! LOL Drag strip action as well as street racing and beating the living s*** out of this rental car was the norm. Rent it and drive it to one inch of it's life and then return it on Monday. With a Ford what did or what do you expect? The Fusion isn't my bag but it wears my loyal brand colors and emblem. I'm pulling for it and pray it steals some ricer customers. Google Image Result for http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/9180343/mump_0608_shelby_09_z+1966_hertz_shelby_gt_350h_mu stang+.jpg

Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,305,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Hertz did it again on 06 too. They had new Mustang GT shelbys that you could rent from the major Hertz places. These cars today bring good $$ too.

Timeline: 2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H Mustang - The Mustang Source
Love those GT-350H's!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
Too bad the Fusion is built in Mexico.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 PM

441 posts, read 1,327,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Too bad the Fusion is built in Mexico.:smack:
With a drive-train and platform designed in Hiroshima and technological help from Cologne :)

Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM

362 posts, read 392,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
As most of you know, I always rent a car for my little weekend trips with my grandmother. Normally they give me a Camry, Avalon or Impala and one time a CRV. This time I got a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL. This is the first time I have gotten a Ford and have not even driven a Ford since I drove a 06 Ford 500 (that I was also impressed with).

Well I was a skeptic, but when I first got in the Fusion I liked it. The instrument cluster really caught my eye... its very attractive and nicely illuminated. Also the lighted cupholders with a soft blue light and the lighted console are nice and neat features.

Quality... this really impressed. IMO, it was even better than the Camrys (2009-2010 models) I had rented. The switches seemed better, worked smoother, the entire dash is nicely padded with a high quality material and I didnt hear not one interior noise in the way of squeaks, rattles or those "ticks" you hear when the interior is changing temperatures... like plastic rubbing together.... its void in the Fusion.

The heat/AC controls are a little low, but not bad.

Drivetrain is what really impresses... on the newer Hondas, Toyotas, etc, the transmissions seem to "hunt" gears too much and you can feel them shift... in the Fusion, you can see the tach move when it changes gears, but you can barely feel it changing gears and it dont "hunt" for gears by upshifting/downshifting constantly like the later Camrys I have rented have.

If I were to buy a new car.... Ford Fusion would be on my list.

Have you driven a Ford lately?

Well, gotta go... heading off to South Carolina early in the AM. Takes only 3 hours, but thats long enough. lol.
I test drove one. I think it's a good product. I read posts from buyers on edmunds that the seats are rough on long trips though. Other than that I think it's probably the best American value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln