Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM

6 posts, read 20,588 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone - my wife and I are relocating for jobs in West Miami, and we're looking for a really nice, safe family-oriented neighborhood with great schools. That has us looking North of Miami to Broward County. We like what we hear about Weston (in turns of schools and safety) but wish it were a little more affordable. We really like a lot of homes we see in Pembroke Pines, which see to be mostly more affordable than equivalent homes in Weston. Our only concern is the school quality dropoff. We first fell in love with a home near Miramar, but were scared away by a number of people warning us about the schools. So now we're really interested in a house a dash east of 75, in a community called Pembroke Falls, near Cooper City (just south of Sheridan St, just east of 75). Does anyone know anything about this area, and how much of a dropoff might it be from Weston? Is it better than South Pembroke Pines near Miramar? And does anyone know anything about Lakeside Elementary School, Walter C. Young Middle School, and/or Charles Flanagan High School? Will we regret just not getting a smaller place in Weston and getting the better schools?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I look forward to your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 PM

142 posts, read 440,207 times
Have you visited great schools dot org? I just quickly searched and lakeside ranks a 9 out of 10 (Weston schools are 8, 9, and 10, depending on which one). But just as importantly, the parent reviews were great at Lakeside. I didn't look up the middle or high school.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 AM

423 posts, read 1,644,711 times
Pembroke Falls is a great community with excellent location, lots amenities and the super nice club house. I don't have first hand experience with the schools but I believe they are all decent.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,840,874 times
We almost bought there in 2000. It looked great.

But then we saw Weston

Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 PM

50 posts, read 56,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToFlorida2013 View Post
Hi everyone - my wife and I are relocating for jobs in West Miami, and we're looking for a really nice, safe family-oriented neighborhood with great schools. That has us looking North of Miami to Broward County. We like what we hear about Weston (in turns of schools and safety) but wish it were a little more affordable. We really like a lot of homes we see in Pembroke Pines, which see to be mostly more affordable than equivalent homes in Weston. Our only concern is the school quality dropoff. We first fell in love with a home near Miramar, but were scared away by a number of people warning us about the schools. So now we're really interested in a house a dash east of 75, in a community called Pembroke Falls, near Cooper City (just south of Sheridan St, just east of 75). Does anyone know anything about this area, and how much of a dropoff might it be from Weston? Is it better than South Pembroke Pines near Miramar? And does anyone know anything about Lakeside Elementary School, Walter C. Young Middle School, and/or Charles Flanagan High School? Will we regret just not getting a smaller place in Weston and getting the better schools?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I look forward to your feedback!

If you're the type of person who would enjoy living in a concentration camp, then Pembroke Falls will be a great fit.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
If you're the type of person who would enjoy living in a concentration camp, then Pembroke Falls will be a great fit.
Why?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:52 PM

50 posts, read 56,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Why?

What else would you call a walled compound with gangs of roving security guards monitoring your activity 24 hours a day.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
What else would you call a walled compound with gangs of roving security guards monitoring your activity 24 hours a day.
Good security?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,928,533 times
Yes, Pembroke Falls is one of those types of gated communities. It's a nice community, and the schools would be about the same as the south Pembroke Pines area. The best school districts in Pines would be within that same latitude as Pembroke Falls, but west of Dykes Road. Cooper City is also a good area with schools as well rated as those in Weston, but home prices are a little cheaper.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM

984 posts, read 4,322,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Yes, Pembroke Falls is one of those types of gated communities. It's a nice community, and the schools would be about the same as the south Pembroke Pines area. The best school districts in Pines would be within that same latitude as Pembroke Falls, but west of Dykes Road. Cooper City is also a good area with schools as well rated as those in Weston, but home prices are a little cheaper.
Perfectly said , I again agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area