Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times

Advertisements

45 minute commute to 8th street in Miami? What time do you commute at? You must leave at 5AM. Any time much after 6AM this commute would take closer to an hour and a half. And depends how far on 8th street you need to go from the interstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 04:19 PM

11 posts, read 12,436 times
Not far from the interstate, its on the west side, and I take interstate 27 then Krome Avenue. Unless I miscalculated the drive since I only did it twice and both times came in at roughly 45 to 50 minutes.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 AM

59 posts, read 115,401 times
You're relying on a lot of luck then. One little fender bender and you're looking a an hour and 30 minutes easily. Traffic to Miami is horrid. I avoid it as much as possible.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 AM

Yea guess your right, wish i can avoid it but thats where the job is at and i refuse to live in Miami Dade now, its too crowded. Guess ill keep myself entertained with music if traffic gets backed up. LEO as well.....

Old 05-18-2016, 07:18 AM

112 posts, read 124,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip714 View Post
Hello everyone. New to this forum and wanted to get insight on people familiar with the area. I'm new to Florida and recently wanting to purchase a house in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I have been looking at properties everywhere and have found a new development community that's building homes on Commercial BLVD and next to the Turnpike in Tamarac. Its called Central Parc being built by 13thfloor homes. The pricing is currently set at $289,000 for a brand new Construction which is extraordinarily a great price in my opinion compared to the other homes I've seen in Pembroke pines, Weston, Miramar ETC and other nice areas. I work in Miami off of 8th street on the west side and have clocked in the commute at 45 minutes which I wont mind.

My question Is Commercial BLVD and the turnpike (where they will be building in Tamarac) a good area to raise my family at and eventually settle down in that area? Don't know if things are changing in Tamarac and if home prices are in the up and coming there. Would like to know peoples personal experience with that exact area and if I'm making the right decision in buying this home to raise my family. It seems that everything in Miami Dade and Broward county has ridiculously gone up in pricing regarding homes. Rent now a days for a nice 3/2 home is in the $2000s and I'm better off investing in a home. I really love Pembroke pines area, but I cannot justify buying a home for the $290s range that's an older smaller home, where I can buy this home in Tamarac at the same price and its brand new. If not a nice area, will this home be at least a good investment considering the great price and the area in the future?

All opinions are welcome and I appreciate any feedback on this area of Commercial BLVD and the Turnpike in Tamarac.

Thank You.
Don't.

Familiar with the area.

Not the best, I am picky thought.

Traffic is THE WORST, and Florida traffic is already bad.

Schools suck too

Old 05-18-2016, 12:24 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedotcuzo View Post
Don't.

Familiar with the area.

Not the best, I am picky thought.

Traffic is THE WORST, and Florida traffic is already bad.

Schools suck too
Is this your thing? Just troll all the threads and tell everyone not to move here because you have a sad life?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:53 PM

Is this guy a troll on the thread?

Old 06-21-2016, 07:56 PM

24 posts, read 60,666 times
Just saw this thread. I have driven past this development, and I always think....

"What's with building the homes so close together?" I mean, might as well get a townhouse....

Old 06-24-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIfan1 View Post
Just saw this thread. I have driven past this development, and I always think....

"What's with building the homes so close together?" I mean, might as well get a townhouse....
Yeah i get your point, but townhomes cost roughly the same as these homes. So which would you pick?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:47 AM

3 posts, read 1,321 times
I'm going to rent a home in central parc and was wondering how you ended up liking the neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area