Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 04:34 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,547 times

Advertisements

I have ADT on my Home and a separate garage at a different location. It's for piece of mind, but if someone wants to get in, their gonna. By the time ADT or any alarm co calls the owner to confirm the alarm going off, you give them the OK to call the police, the police respond as soon as they can, depending on the night if their real busy already, it could take them 10 to 20 minutes from the time the alarm first started to the time they get there. Just don't depend on the alarm to be safe. Don't leave cars out in the drive with your garage door opener on the sun visor. Lock the door between the garage and house. Get a dog, put dog bowls and wire/rope runs out back, even if you do not have a dog. Make it alway look like someone is there. the best thing is, get to know your neighbors and know your neighborhood. If you think something is strange, it probably is. Were having a rash of neighborhood kids who parents don't pay much attention to, going around at all hours of the night breaking into cars, throwing paint on cars. Sheriffs just caught them a few days ago from the neighbors giving info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
I live in South Ft Myers/Estero. Exit 123 off of I 75. Ft Myers crime is nothing like a lot of other cities around the country. Of course the less desirable areas have more crime, as everywhere in the USA. Been there for 10 years now and love it. Your gonna have less problems in nicer area's but your still gonna have some crime where ever you live. You gotta weigh the good with the bad. Whatever you do, rent first for about a year while you look and research for YOUR PERFECT neighborhood. When you find a community go knock on doors and ask questions of the people who live there. We had a contract on a house with a big builder until I started talking to the neighbors who hated the builder because he never came back to fix his crappy work. So you have to ask questions, or you might regret your purchase. LA, I've heard about the crime there!!!! Holy $hit, who would want to live around that! You'll find that over in Miami, not here. Sure there are gangs around here, and there trying to make their mark by spray painting their crap everywhere but our sheriffs dept. is right on it. Again you'll find most of the "gang" trouble in the vacant areas like parts of Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres. Less population, less police force, the gangs have more balls there! The schools are not the best, but as long as the parents follow the kids progress and reinforce the idea of school, they will do fine. If you gonna use school for a baby sitter, your kids will fail like a lot of others.
I live right here by you. You have to be more specific about Fort Myers. Yes we live in Estero, lucky for us. But Fort Myers anything north of Colonial is crap. Pine manor=CRAP. Harlem heights...CRAP. Some of north Fort Myers is crap also.

I just moved from Metro parkway near Colonial, LOADED with crime, very Ghetto. Police all the time, shootings, drugs galore, I hated it there. Thankfully got a job here in Estero, a highly desired area here, and luckily the apartment came with the job. Where I was was not safe, nor did I ever leave my apartment.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Chris, are you in the apartments off of Estero Prky? I agree the older sections of Ft Myers are full of crap as you say. Of course the run down sections bring in the low life's which tons of crime shortly follows.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Chris, are you in the apartments off of Estero Prky? I agree the older sections of Ft Myers are full of crap as you say. Of course the run down sections bring in the low life's which tons of crime shortly follows.
Nope, I am in Fountain Lakes. And love it in here. best place in SWFL I have lived hands down. I liked the Pelican Blvd area of the cape, but this is even better.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Chris, i've heard great things about Fountain lakes. I'm looking to buy an investment house there, low fee's and low prices now. Gated and lots of amenities to go along with it.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 16,459 times
hello i live in florida in ft myers how is everyone tonight

Old 09-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Chris, i've heard great things about Fountain lakes. I'm looking to buy an investment house there, low fee's and low prices now. Gated and lots of amenities to go along with it.
Ya, we have a 9 hole small course, nice pool, excellent fitness center, the landscaping is amazing in here, a little library, playground, tennis(not for me), the place is soooo clean, I FEEL VERY VERY SAFE here..... I just love it in here. Buy, buy, buy, it is worth it.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Hey everyone, I passed my state real estate exam!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm very happy for you!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm very happy for you!
Thanks! It's a miracle. There was a lady that was in my class that was there today and she didn't pass and this was her second try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area