Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I know where that is. It's in Charlotte Harbor. There's a really nice park that runs along the bayside. I've never stayed there though. Let me know how you like it so I can recommend it, or not to people coming into the area.

Looks like there's gonna be quite a few people in town in early Feb. I'm thinking this whole party thing might get a little wild if BigHouse and MrSunshine get together.
We will definitely let you know. I'm planning on taking my laptop along, so we can keep in touch with y'all while we're down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 04:26 PM

301 posts, read 1,154,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
We will definitely check out Joe Crackers. Have a fun Super Bowl party! We're doing nothing.
Oh my gosh, my wife and I are booked at Banana Bay Feb 12-15th! I initially had room 111 (waterfront) booked, but they called and said they double-booked it and had to change me. I think someone staying longer was given our room and we were downsized. Was it you?!?!?!? haha
Anyway, we fly into Punta Gorda from Michigan at 8pm on the 12th, so maybe we'll get to meet the cools. We bought a canal lot in port charlotte this past summer and hope to move and build in the fall.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM

WAY COOL!!!! Sounds like we par-tay on Thursday night!! Our plane doesn't leave 'til 4:00 on Friday the 13th, so we'll be up to meeting up with y'all for some fun on our last night there!! I'm going to take my laptop, so we can stay in touch during the week and plan it when it gets closer to your showing up.
We get there the 9th, so I think it's more like you are getting our room!! She never gave me a room number, so I'm hoping she didn't double book us! We got an efficiency.
Where's your lot? Just give me the street name, we're familiar with the town so we'll be able to find it.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
WAY COOL!!!! Sounds like we par-tay on Thursday night!! Our plane doesn't leave 'til 4:00 on Friday the 13th, so we'll be up to meeting up with y'all for some fun on our last night there!! I'm going to take my laptop, so we can stay in touch during the week and plan it when it gets closer to your showing up.
We get there the 9th, so I think it's more like you are getting our room!! She never gave me a room number, so I'm hoping she didn't double book us! We got an efficiency.
Where's your lot? Just give me the street name, we're familiar with the town so we'll be able to find it.
It's on Rock Creek Drive at the corner of Eden. It's not cleared yet, so it looks like a jungle. We're debating whether to build or buy a house. With prices so good we may be able to buy cheaper, hold on to the lot for a few years and make some money off it perhaps. We'll see.... Gotta sell the house in Michigan before we can do anything down there.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Yep, found you on the bird's eye view of the area! We're looking at some houses nearby there! We may be neighbors some day. BESIDES at the banana bay I mean!!
Good luck with selling your house. Michigan, ey? Market's not too hot there, is it?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Yep, found you on the bird's eye view of the area! We're looking at some houses nearby there! We may be neighbors some day. BESIDES at the banana bay I mean!!
Good luck with selling your house. Michigan, ey? Market's not too hot there, is it?
No, housing market is just as bad here as any other place. I bought my house in Grand Rapids, a very nice city, in 2004. It's lost about 15% of its value. I have to be careful how much I sell it for so I don't end up paying out of my pocket to pay off the bank. Sucks. We could wait it out a year or two and probably make a little money on it, but we really want this to be our LAST winter in Michigan!!!! So, take a little loss here and gain it back on the cheap construction costs on our FL house.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
So what do our soon-to-be hotel neighbors do for a living? Have any kids? Interests?
My wife and are are early 30's, just married this past July, no kids, boating fanatics on Lake Michigan, she's a physical therapist and I'm a project manager for a plastics company. We love meeting new people and sharing stories over cocktails!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 PM

We too are into boating, meeting new people, cocktails AND Badger sports!! I (mrs.cool) used to own my own business but I sold it a year and a half ago. mr.cool's occupation is best explained over LOTS of cocktails...
One daughter, lives in Manhattan, works for CBS News. C ya in less than 2 weeks! WOO HOO!!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM

Didja see the story on CBS's Early Show this morning? Or maybe it was Fox...anyway, one of their people was in Detroit, IN a house that was for sale for $1. Across the street were vacant lots, he said those houses had already been knocked down. Very sad.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM

171 posts, read 622,189 times
Smile Hey Cool! Your enthusiasm is infectious...

Quote:
We too are into boating, meeting new people, cocktails AND Badger sports!! I (mrs.cool) used to own my own business but I sold it a year and a half ago. mr.cool's occupation is best explained over LOTS of cocktails...
One daughter, lives in Manhattan, works for CBS News. C ya in less than 2 weeks! WOO HOO!!
My wife and I live in PGI (about 1 mile from Harpoon Harry's). Retired school administrators with one daughter who works in Baltimore. Please put me on your get-together list...I need to meet some happy people. WOO HOO!!! Have a safe trip.

Regards,

Augie

pgi2141@comcast.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area