Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM

101 posts, read 301,655 times

Advertisements

Funny thread
You just might NOT be qualified to live in SW Florida IF.....
you enjoy walking from your house to . . . anywhere!
you want to buy Kosher meat from a Kosher Butcher Shop
you're fair skinned
you want to reduce your carbon footprint and use public transportation
you like to roll around in soft grass
you want to see first run films the week they open (or some obscure foreign film)
you like high quality organic restaurants without having to travel to st pete
you like taking the train to work
you like to buy milk without having to drive a couple of miles
you like rainy cold days
you like snow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,938,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccos View Post
Funny thread
you enjoy walking from your house to . . . anywhere!
you want to buy Kosher meat from a Kosher Butcher Shop
you're fair skinned
you want to reduce your carbon footprint and use public transportation
you like to roll around in soft grass
you want to see first run films the week they open (or some obscure foreign film)
you like high quality organic restaurants without having to travel to st pete
you like taking the train to work
you like to buy milk without having to drive a couple of miles
you like rainy cold days
you like snow
Ahhh so perfect I hate ALL those things! Cept the milk part, altho milk is avalible just down the street from my lot

I am having trouble finding a place close by that sells Winter coats, gloves and snow shovels though mr.cool

Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Ahhh so perfect I hate ALL those things! Cept the milk part, altho milk is avalible just down the street from my lot

I am having trouble finding a place close by that sells Winter coats, gloves and snow shovels though mr.cool
mrcool, I agree I do not like some of those things also.
The milk thing makes me smile.......I do not know why milk is so much more expensive in Florida then up here in western NY....we pay about $1.75 a gallon for milk....but our gas is more expensive, so I guess it evens out. When i'm up here in January, I prefer Florida even if milk was $20.00 a gallon!

Frank

Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,938,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
mrcool, I agree I do not like some of those things also.
The milk thing makes me smile.......I do not know why milk is so much more expensive in Florida then up here in western NY....we pay about $1.75 a gallon for milk....but our gas is more expensive, so I guess it evens out. When i'm up here in January, I prefer Florida even if milk was $20.00 a gallon!

Frank
That's funny Frank I live in the dairy state and work in the dairy industry (no, I don't own a cheesehead) Milk here is higher in price than we have bought it at Publix in Punta Gorda?? I could never figure that out?? Gas on the other hand is much higher here, but that is all about the state gas tax, we are one of the highest in the country!! Mr.Cool

Last edited by mrcoolmrcool28; 08-13-2009 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,453,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
That's funny Frank I live in the dairy state and work in the dairy industry (no, I don't own a cheesehead) Milk here is higher in price than we have bought it at Publix in Punta Gorda?? I could never figure that out?? Gas on the other hand is much higher here, but that is all about the state gas tax, we are one of the highest in the country!! Mr.Cool
There are very few farms in Mass., yet so many in Florida, but the food prices are so much higher in Florida. My dad is over in Melbourne and still complains about his grocery bill.

I could never figure out why Florida oranges were cheaper in Mass.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 AM

14 posts, read 40,887 times
They used to sell bags of oranges at RSW to take home with you.
Nowadays I imagine they stopped doing that, with extra bag fees.

One March some years back the EX-wife suggested hauling an orange-tinted bag of them home, and I said nah, we'll just stop & get some on way home from BOS airport, and for less $$...

Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,563,106 times
I do not want to stray from the OP, but NY is also known as a dairy state, and I live in a part of NY that has more cows then people. I never understood how Wisconsin cheese could be cheaper here then NY cheese.
Seems to taste the same to me......and I always buy real cheese, never that "processed cheese type food" stuff.

Frank

Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 PM

8 posts, read 12,788 times
Default foat laddadah fl

wow never thought of Destin as a redneck riviera but was there as tourist only and u don't get the real pix as a tourist. Absolutely the most beautiful beaches in that part of fl thoiugh.Thanks for yr tip on Foat laddad...I hate to ask but which of the 3 cities have the LEAST number of snow birds....?? would rather avoid that if at all possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwi View Post
You are comparing 3 totally different Floridas here..........

DESTIN: redneck riviera.
Lower cost of living.
Culture............what?
Beaches, nice.

FOAT LADDADAH(my home town):
Expensive living if you want to be in a SAFE area (read whatever you want here)
Very international.
Beaches, wonderful.

FORT MYERS:
Much lower cost of living than Foat Laddadah.
International not really (Cape Coral is more so), it is more like Dallas or LA.
Beaches, well FM Beach/State park is very nice.

And the weather is not that much different... in Foat Laddadah/CC/Fort myers it is 90+ with 80% humidity for most of the summer. Destin is somewhat cooler.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:28 PM

8 posts, read 12,788 times
Default 3 great qualities of texas!

oh... geez, i see u were talking about living in fl, not texas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

You enjoy talking to people in the stores.

Like to let people out into traffic.

Love getting to know your neighbors.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 PM

64 posts, read 80,275 times
If you are a desperate "flipper" who is afraid of statistics,

If you don't have confidence in forces of real estate market,

If you think Cape Coral economy is stabile,

If you think there is no relationship between economic stability and housing prices,

If you think a decrease in population is good for an economy which is based on growth,

If you think reporters in the States and around the world write "negatively" about "ground-zero" of housing just to upset desperate flippers,

then, the actual world does not matter to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area