Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 07:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,767 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a house in DFW this year and we are looking at Mansfield, Burleson, Aledo or Eagle Mountain.

Originally we were really up for Mansfield but a few people have suggested that Mansfield is on the slide a bit but haven't really explained what they mean. It's number 17 on the best places to live list and the schools, at least on the face of it, look great!

What are people's main concerns about Mansfield? Are schools getting worse? Is crime not great? Is it the commute?

Does anyone else agree that Mansfield is getting worse? If so, why?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times
Do you mean the just the city of Mansfield or all of Mansfield ISD (including Arlington)?

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 PM

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on both tbh. Is it the Arlington area which is a bit dicey?

The houses I'm looking at is in north east Mansfield, around east Debbie Lane, in the Mansfield HS border.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivor View Post
I'd be interested in hearing opinions on both tbh. Is it the Arlington area which is a bit dicey?

The houses I'm looking at is in north east Mansfield, around east Debbie Lane, in the Mansfield HS border.
The general opinion at least on this board is that Mansfield is still very much a viable community. Most people will tell you to buy in an area zoned to Mansfield High, Legacy or Lake Ridge.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:16 AM

65 posts, read 79,148 times
I don't know much, as I am new here. We were originally really interested in Mansfield and know some people who live in really beautiful neighborhoods there. There's some areas with really pretty horse farms and such. Gorgeous! However, when we drove around other parts, so many neighborhoods seem unkept and deteriorating.... even neighborhoods that were built within the last 15 years. Like, fences falling over, weeds, brick walls crumbling (entry into the neighborhoods, usually). It was confusing to us, because the neighborhoods would look amazing if there was some upkeep. And the Arlington areas don't seem dicey to me. From what I know, if you stay west of Cooper, you're usually OK. West Arlington is really nice.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:23 PM

Ok, thanks both, that's a big help! However, is there a feel the area is getting worse? We want to be in the same place for a long time!

Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 PM

1,847 posts, read 835,055 times
I moved away from mansfield about a year ago for a job, but plan on moving back in the summer time. I personally think that the very undesirable south arlington area is starting to affect mansfield. I've also heard quite a few residents complain that the city was losing its small town feel. The area around about mansfield high school is still very nice and the custom home market still appears to be strong there. North and far south mansfield weren't looking to good when i left. The school rating is falling, not to sure why. As long as you stay from the mansfield isd schools that take in students from only the surrounding cities you should be fine. The housing make is very strong for homes under 300,000 and most new homes are averaging around about the 300,000 price range. West arlington is an alternative just be cautious. Once you leave the nice part of west arlington it goes downhill quickly. Mansfield might not be as nice as it was ten years ago, but compared to most of the southern dfw area its still one of the best areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth