Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 PM

121 posts, read 404,464 times

Advertisements

Saratoga is in Keller. It is zoned Northwest ISD. This is a progressive district that among other things is on the rise in student achievement and professional development. The kids would be going to a neighborhood school, Granger Elementary. The principal of the school knows the children by heart and has a faculty and staff that are friendly and put children above all else. The people in Saratoga are professional and amiable. We have several friends that live in the neighborhood. The high school that Saratoga is zoned for is the brand new, state of the art, Byron Nelson High School. Since this was the first year the school only hss 9th and 10th graders that are attending. There is so much going on in this neighborhood including walking trails, a community pool, and close proximity to the interstate. I-35 is right at your back door and 114 is around the corner. The area is convenient to shopping and there is a mall in just about any direction that you turn. You really should check it. out. Good luck. And no, I am not a realtor. I teach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 PM

74 posts, read 202,192 times
Default Thanks

Great information SCFriend. I will definitely check that area out. I had no idea that that school district served so many small towns. I also thought Keller was only east of 377 - it must have an area to the north. I so wish I could stretch that I-35 a bit wider (well, a lot wider) to allow normal traffic flow. I also imagine putting lightrail along 35 just to ease things with the growth up that way. Again, thanks for the information!

Old 02-14-2010, 05:16 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,954,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom85 View Post
Hey Everyone,

We visited Heritage on Saturday, and took some of our family members out there on Sunday to get their opinions. We LOVED the neighborhood! It is much nicer than VOWS (just our preference). Our realtor is talking to the builder today to work out a deal on the floor plan we like.
CONGRATULATIONS! That's a great area! Beautiful homes, walking/bike trails, creeks. If I could afford it I would live there. Can't (just yet) but I'm happy for ya!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom85 View Post
Hey everyone, we decided on Heritage and should be moving in this June. We really liked the feel of the neighborhood and the fact that it looks like there is so much to do outdoors. We are a young, active family and the pools, trails, parks, ponds, etc. really attracted us. Also, my husband mountain bikes and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails nearby. I think he already has a few scoped out.

We picked the Cape Cod series in Trinity...who knows some of you guys might be our future neighbors.

One more thing, I am starting graduate school in the Fall in Denton. I should not have to drive there except a few times a semester. What is the drive like from Keller to Denton?
That's great! We love our Cape Cod home. We live off Holliday Dr in that neighborhood.

Where are you planning to go to grad school-- Texas Womens or North Texas?

My wife goes to North Texas for grad school, she drives up there about 3 times a week for classes and it takes her at most 45 minutes (there is never any traffic).

Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 AM

9 posts, read 39,799 times
That is too funny, we will also be living on Holliday Dr! We had the choice between Holliday and Cassidy, but we just liked Holliday much more. There are some adorable homes on that street! Our home will be ready in June. My husband has a co-worker that is building on that street as well.

I will be at Texas Women's. I've considered UNT for their Behavior Analysis department though.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,928 times
Well great, maybe we will be neighbors! My wife is getting a counseling degree at UNT, and she also looked at Texas Womens when she was looking at where to go.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:50 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,894,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
Great information SCFriend. I will definitely check that area out. I had no idea that that school district served so many small towns. I also thought Keller was only east of 377 - it must have an area to the north. I so wish I could stretch that I-35 a bit wider (well, a lot wider) to allow normal traffic flow. I also imagine putting lightrail along 35 just to ease things with the growth up that way. Again, thanks for the information!
You are correct..98% of Keller (the city not the ISD) lies east of 377. The exception is the neighborhood called High Chapperell that lies between Bear Creek park and Golden Triangel just west of 377.

Saratoga is in FT worth (not Keller) and North west ISD.
as the other poster mentioned it is just east of I-35 and just south of 114 off of Alta Vista. It is very close to the new Keller HS Timber creek for reference on a map. Right across from McPhearson Ranch and the very west part of Woodland springs.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 AM

121 posts, read 404,464 times
My friends that live in Saratoga have a Keller address. It is a great neighborhood with many amenities. I think the biggest draw is the amazing school system that the kids would be exposed to. I expect great things to happen in that area.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,894,449 times
Not trying to argue but just wnat new people to know the facts about where they live, what property taxes they pay etc....

The zip was Keller. Last year the zip were re-alligned and now only the city of Keller have a Keller mailing address. There was alot of confusion before because Woodland springs was built for Keller ISD and so builders called it Keller but it actually lies in the city of Ft worth.

If you drive out there Ft Worth has done a HUGE campaign and there are signs ALL over once you cross 377 that you are now in the city of Ft Worth.

Yes, It's a GRET neighborhood and Northwest schools are very good.
I too have friends who bought there...they too thought that they were Keller and that thier kids would be attending the the schools right down the street...but nope they are NWISD and go into Trophy club for school. Just something to be aware of and research is key.

SC...if you don't believe me just google city of Keller and look at the map for the city boundries.

To someone new to the area it is VERY confusing when you are researching schools etc... and think that because you buy in a certin city you are attending thier schools. NOt so here school districts cross city boundries etc...so just beaware and look on hte school district site etc...
The Districts are constantly changing boundries as to what exact schools each neighborhood attends as well so don't go by what a realator site says... check with the district.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,924,275 times
I won't say that ALL districts are "constantly" realigning boundaries especially for high schools--but Keller ISD has had such a flux of new growth and construction that it has certainly gone through more redistricting than most
some of that was unavoidable but the district and the communities just went about it in a way designed to upset people...
realtors don't help either by not telling people about possibilities for realigning...
but to be fair lots of homes sold in the large developments were not sold through realtors but through the sales offices of the builders--which is totally a different kettle of fish...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth