Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times

Advertisements

Assuming you are talking about outdoors:

Good genetics (seeds), full sun, adequate water.

Indoor growing is a far more complex matter and not as easy as growing a "weed"

The real trick to getting the highest quality is not in the growing, but in curing the harvested product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 01:01 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
AFAIK, you need a permit to grow it legally, and keeping it under control means growing it inside, although I could be wrong about that, so if you're serious about it, check with your state.
Right. Best to check with the state for requirements and permits. Different states may have different regulations. In Oregon, no permit is required, but a home grower is legally limited in the number of plants being grown at one time for personal use. Permits are required for large scale growers.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:08 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
When I was in my 20's I lived in the Sierra mountains in California and we would fine random plants all of the time from someones illegal garden. When I lived in Elgin I lived in an apartment and one of the neighbors had a small flower garden. I put some marijuana seeds in her garden and watched them grow until the plants got too big and I had to tell her what they were.

Marijuana grows anywhere but getting the TCH right is another story.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
12-cannabis-pruning-stimulate growth

Excellent site.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:40 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
When I was in my 20's I lived in the Sierra mountains in California and we would fine random plants all of the time from someones illegal garden. When I lived in Elgin I lived in an apartment and one of the neighbors had a small flower garden. I put some marijuana seeds in her garden and watched them grow until the plants got too big and I had to tell her what they were.

Marijuana grows anywhere but getting the TCH right is another story.
Or the CBD if you are after pain relief, lessened anxiety, help sleeping, etc.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:19 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,214,588 times
Move to Colorado and I’m sure that they will give you all the expertise you need in growing weed.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:59 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times
Is there anyone in here who tried to grow it in the 70's?

I had college friends that did. It starts out OK. Then got leggy and dropped leaves.

Have a friend now who is a legal grower. It's a lot of work, 24/7 staff (cause of the demand) and takes a ton of nutrients, etc. But boy is a plant grown well beautiful. The top can be multi color and very delicate looking.

No I hardly smoked pot in college as it only made me sleepy and hungry. Been 40 years.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Is there anyone in here who tried to grow it in the 70's?

I had college friends that did. It starts out OK. Then got leggy and dropped leaves.

Have a friend now who is a legal grower. It's a lot of work, 24/7 staff (cause of the demand) and takes a ton of nutrients, etc. But boy is a plant grown well beautiful. The top can be multi color and very delicate looking.

No I hardly smoked pot in college as it only made me sleepy and hungry. Been 40 years.

In the early 70's, we occasionally smoked with another couple. Not often, maybe once a month or so. We had some seeds left over, and I put them in with my tomatoes and other vegetables in my garden. Man, did those suckers take off ! They went from zero to about 5 feet high in a very short period of time.

I got nervous, they were right out there in the open, so one night I tore them all out and put them into garbage bags for the next trash pickup. I think that was the last time we smoked too.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:41 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
My late husband grew some in our backyard in Chicago in the 80's. Yes, in Chicago. Pretty good stuff! He saved only the best seeds. Water em, give them sunlight (artificial or real), pluck the males and you'll be in business. I laugh at the laws that only allow individuals to grow 2 plants for personal use. You need to start with far more than that or have guaranteed female seeds.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:42 AM

679 posts, read 812,034 times
No judgement here, to each their own I say.

Look at grasscity forum. There are numerous post and recipes on cannabis there. For the record, I was looking up pain remedies for someone I care about who hates big pharmaceutical industry, but was suffering.

The home grow section is very active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden