Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 12:38 PM

139 posts, read 76,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
..... Anything from a big box store is not professional grade.
Not true at all. While big box stores carry a lot of cheaper, consumer grade models, they also carry expensive, high grade commercial equipment as well. They just carry them at better prices, because they sell a larger volume through a nationwide network of stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,739,474 times
I feel like if I shop in a small place that doesn't post pricing online that I'm going to pay substantially more than I need to.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I feel like if I shop in a small place that doesn't post pricing online that I'm going to pay substantially more than I need to.
Today it's an almost certainty.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:00 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,070,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
I'm in the market for a new gas power blower. I've purchased a total of 3 of these over the years, and none of them had much power, (all were hand held type). And they didn't last. It didn't take long before they became hard starting, then simply died.

All of them cost more to fix than they were worth. (All of them were consumer grade, and basically disposable). Not to mention, they're all but impossible to get parts for, because they get discontinued for new models most every year. So I've decided to bite the bullet, and get a professional, landscaper grade back pack model. As the hand held types all have limited power.

While they are far more expensive. They put out much more power, are built to last. And most of the higher grade models have parts and service, if they ever should go down. If landscapers earn their living with them, they demand dependability, parts and service. Consumer grade blowers simply do not provide this over any length of time.

I've narrowed it down to these 2 models:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-211...010T/313041807

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-7...60TH/305123493

The biggest difference is the Makita has a 4-stroke engine, while the Echo is a 2-stroke. The Echo is the more powerful of the two. In fact, as of now, it is the most powerful leaf blower on the market. But the Makita is no slouch either. Both put out a high CFM volume of air at over 200 MPH. Price is the same for both.

The 4-stroke has it's advantages. Generally they are more dependable. Less noisy. Less polluting with much less smoke and stink. The disadvantages are they're newer to the market, have more parts, and less power in the same size engine. (Both the Makita and the Echo I have listed have almost identical size engines, and the Echo is more powerful).

If anyone has any experience with either of these models, or something similar, I would like your input. This is an expensive purchase, so I would like to make it as well informed as possible. Thanks in advance.
The problem starts with buying tools at homedepot.
I would look for a used commercial on craigslist the ones on wheels are big on power.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
The problem starts with buying tools at homedepot.
I would look for a used commercial on craigslist the ones on wheels are big on power.
There is nothing wrong with Home Depot. You're buying the product, not the store. And I'm looking to clean up a yard, not a parking lot.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:27 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,587,883 times
Stihl or Husqvarna. I have Husqvarna only because I don’t do yard work full time. If I did.....Stihl

Old 05-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Stihl 800C vs. Echo 8010T. The Echo beats it by a mile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRe9N379YBE

Old 05-06-2020, 04:04 AM

Well, I made the decision yesterday and ordered the Echo 8010-T. It's slated to be delivered Friday. I'm actually a little excited about it. While it's a lot of money to spend on a blower, I have yet to read a bad review about it. And it comes with a 5 year warranty, which is nice.

I don't have any grass to mow, or snow to blow, or weeds to whack. So I figure if I spend a bit more on a power blower, I'm still money ahead. It's really the only piece of power equipment I require to maintain my property. So what the hell. I'll report back when I get it, and crank it up. It has a job waiting when it gets here.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:27 AM

83,556 posts, read 75,454,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
Well, I made the decision yesterday and ordered the Echo 8010-T. It's slated to be delivered Friday. I'm actually a little excited about it. While it's a lot of money to spend on a blower, I have yet to read a bad review about it. And it comes with a 5 year warranty, which is nice.

I don't have any grass to mow, or snow to blow, or weeds to whack. So I figure if I spend a bit more on a power blower, I'm still money ahead. It's really the only piece of power equipment I require to maintain my property. So what the hell. I'll report back when I get it, and crank it up. It has a job waiting when it gets here.
Looking forward to the update!

Old 05-09-2020, 12:55 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,984,813 times
Get a rake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden