Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 01:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Get a rake.
yeah, rake those leaves out of that gravel you lazy millenial!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 09:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,194,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
Well, I made the decision yesterday and ordered the Echo 8010-T. It's slated to be delivered Friday. I'm actually a little excited about it. While it's a lot of money to spend on a blower, I have yet to read a bad review about it. And it comes with a 5 year warranty, which is nice.

I don't have any grass to mow, or snow to blow, or weeds to whack. So I figure if I spend a bit more on a power blower, I'm still money ahead. It's really the only piece of power equipment I require to maintain my property. So what the hell. I'll report back when I get it, and crank it up. It has a job waiting when it gets here.
Very nice.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:21 AM

139 posts, read 76,692 times
Well it came yesterday. This thing is a beast! No question about it. It comes for the most part all assembled. All I had to do was attach the blower tubes and the throttle grip and cable. It took all of 5 minutes, and all it required was a flat blade screwdriver for the 2 clamps. (The tubes themselves twist and lock together solidly). I gassed it up and put it to work. This thing has unbelievable power! It moves so much air so fast, that full power is not required. Even at idle it will push dried flowers and leaves. Give it a little gas, and it will dislodge the most stubborn foliage, and send it flying.

At full power this thing will blow 1" stone down to the dirt. It moves everything as fast as you can walk and swing it. It is very comfortable to wear and use. And it's not very loud for being an 80 CC engine. (The fuel tank holds over 80 ounces... Or about 3/4 of a gallon). It actually took me longer to sweep up and bag everything, than it did to do the whole property, both front and back. My property hasn't had a good blowing for the last 6 months, and it really needed it. Now I'll hit it once a month or so, and it shouldn't take long at all. As I mentioned, I get a lot of small stones and pebbles tracked on to my driveway, from the chip sealed street I'm on. This thing has zero problem blowing them not only off the driveway, but clear across the street, all the way up against the curb on the other side.

What's nice is when it's hot out, part of the intake system draws air into the unit across your back. This keeps your back from getting all hot and sweaty. If you live in a cold climate, they provide you with a plastic insert to block it off. So overall I can totally recommend this blower to anyone who needs a good solid machine. It was expensive, but I'm sure with reasonable care this thing will outlive me. The fact you don't have to constantly run it at full power will really help the longevity of it.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
Well it came yesterday. This thing is a beast! No question about it. It comes for the most part all assembled. All I had to do was attach the blower tubes and the throttle grip and cable. It took all of 5 minutes, and all it required was a flat blade screwdriver for the 2 clamps. (The tubes themselves twist and lock together solidly). I gassed it up and put it to work. This thing has unbelievable power! It moves so much air so fast, that full power is not required. Even at idle it will push dried flowers and leaves. Give it a little gas, and it will dislodge the most stubborn foliage, and send it flying.

At full power this thing will blow 1" stone down to the dirt. It moves everything as fast as you can walk and swing it. It is very comfortable to wear and use. And it's not very loud for being an 80 CC engine. (The fuel tank holds over 80 ounces... Or about 3/4 of a gallon). It actually took me longer to sweep up and bag everything, than it did to do the whole property, both front and back. My property hasn't had a good blowing for the last 6 months, and it really needed it. Now I'll hit it once a month or so, and it shouldn't take long at all. As I mentioned, I get a lot of small stones and pebbles tracked on to my driveway, from the chip sealed street I'm on. This thing has zero problem blowing them not only off the driveway, but clear across the street, all the way up against the curb on the other side.

What's nice is when it's hot out, part of the intake system draws air into the unit across your back. This keeps your back from getting all hot and sweaty. If you live in a cold climate, they provide you with a plastic insert to block it off. So overall I can totally recommend this blower to anyone who needs a good solid machine. It was expensive, but I'm sure with reasonable care this thing will outlive me. The fact you don't have to constantly run it at full power will really help the longevity of it.
sounds awesome, glad you are enjoying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden