Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 07:51 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,511,316 times

Advertisements

Baptisia Purple Smoke. Sorry, no picture, but doing fine so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 04:09 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,168,905 times
Coreopsis

Old 07-03-2021, 07:33 AM

Lime Light Hydrangea just about to burst in bloom.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:26 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I planted globe flower and scabiosa seeds in Feb, and I’m just now starting to find spots around the garden for them. They are still very small, which surprises me. I expected that they’d be flowering by this time.

One new thing is I tried my hand at rooting some butterfly bush cuttings, and 2 out of 4 took. They got planted today.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:40 PM

Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Lime Light Hydrangea just about to burst in bloom.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:57 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post

Beautiful!
Well done! Your Lime Light hydrangea is lovely, the refreshing colour reminds me of lime sherbet and makes me want to dip a spoon into that pompom of flowers and eat it. After seeing your picture above I'm now tempted to make enquiries with the nursery I deal with to see if they can order some in. I recently picked up a phalaenopsis orchid whose flowers are the exact same shade of pale lime green as your hydrangea and it's such a nice contrast to the many other orchids in my home that have a lot of pink or violet tones in them.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:38 AM

Thanks so much. The color is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well done! Your Lime Light hydrangea is lovely, the refreshing colour reminds me of lime sherbet and makes me want to dip a spoon into that pompom of flowers and eat it. After seeing your picture above I'm now tempted to make enquiries with the nursery I deal with to see if they can order some in. I recently picked up a phalaenopsis orchid whose flowers are the exact same shade of pale lime green as your hydrangea and it's such a nice contrast to the many other orchids in my home that have a lot of pink or violet tones in them.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:30 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
I love and recommend peonies.

At the moment, I have containers with nothing in them and I'm debating -- with myself, of course -- whether I want to put all white peonies in them. One plant each.

I've had a little trouble getting names for EXACTLY what I want. A large bloom, low growing, long-blooming, mid-late season herbaceous WHITE peony. I'd prefer a shorter variety because that pots are in an open front yard, and taller ones would most likely be blown over by a too-strong wind.

I've been thinking about having an all white area to my garden for a while now.
I prefer large flower blooms. And white peonies fit that bill perfectly.

Just haven't decided how badly I want it...and want to DO it.

My beds have sedum autumn joy (which turns red) and various colors of dallies, various colors of hyacinth, purple bearded Irises...all of which I recommend highly! I've also had aisle, lenten rose, butterfly bush, hydrangea, weigela, eponymous, and firepower nandina. And Butterfly Weed - LOVE the bright orange color. Again, all of which I recommend.

ETA: I'm going to go back and look at this entire thread. These photos are giving me ideas!

Last edited by selhars; 07-24-2021 at 11:46 AM..

Old 07-24-2021, 04:01 PM

Love posting photos, shows off all your hard work and allows others to learn as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I love and recommend peonies.

At the moment, I have containers with nothing in them and I'm debating -- with myself, of course -- whether I want to put all white peonies in them. One plant each.

I've had a little trouble getting names for EXACTLY what I want. A large bloom, low growing, long-blooming, mid-late season herbaceous WHITE peony. I'd prefer a shorter variety because that pots are in an open front yard, and taller ones would most likely be blown over by a too-strong wind.

I've been thinking about having an all white area to my garden for a while now.
I prefer large flower blooms. And white peonies fit that bill perfectly.

Just haven't decided how badly I want it...and want to DO it.

My beds have sedum autumn joy (which turns red) and various colors of dallies, various colors of hyacinth, purple bearded Irises...all of which I recommend highly! I've also had aisle, lenten rose, butterfly bush, hydrangea, weigela, eponymous, and firepower nandina. And Butterfly Weed - LOVE the bright orange color. Again, all of which I recommend.

ETA: I'm going to go back and look at this entire thread. These photos are giving me ideas!

Old 07-26-2021, 06:49 PM

Share your perennial photos.

Pugster.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden