Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 05:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times

Advertisements

^^show off looks neat & clean.

All my gardening containers & stuff are cleaned up & put away for winter too my garden box is covered with plastic until next spring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
^^show off looks neat & clean.

All my gardening containers & stuff are cleaned up & put away for winter too my garden box is covered with plastic until next spring
We still have the pots I grew the peppers in, on the patio, but they need to be put away. Obviously they are totally dead after our first heavy frost last weekend. We have killed most of the weeds in the area where we will have our raised container garden next year. The only thing we still have is a few pansies on the front porch and some greenery. Plus I have my planter on the railing filled with Thanksgiving flowers, better known as plastic ones, but they do brighten up the porch.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We still have the pots I grew the peppers in, on the patio, but they need to be put away. Obviously they are totally dead after our first heavy frost last weekend. We have killed most of the weeds in the area where we will have our raised container garden next year. The only thing we still have is a few pansies on the front porch and some greenery. Plus I have my planter on the railing filled with Thanksgiving flowers, better known as plastic ones, but they do brighten up the porch.
Love it

I have one washtub of marigolds & a mum the marigolds bit the dust last night so just the lowly mum, which is beautiful, is left.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:30 PM

205 posts, read 272,535 times
Default The end of the summer garden...almost

Well, I finally took out the summer garden, shredded it, and in the compost bin it went. Sad, sad, day. But on a brighter note, I still have a dozen eggplants still on the plants and we are pickling our green tomatoes!
Attached Thumbnails
All Vegetable Gardening-image.jpg  

Old 11-09-2014, 12:35 PM

185 posts, read 245,399 times
Great job. Still,working on mine. It's turned into to a enormous task as I age one acre of formal gardens. Spend most of my time down sizing.

I have help but it rains so much and too,cold to do much from now till next June...

Getting reading to just ignore it as the leaves I can mulch . More into staring to fix x- Mas lights. OMG.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:04 PM

Well, that's it. All the eggplant is done. I still have one spaghetti squash left on the vine, but the temperatures this week will probably do it in. It was a great summer garden!
Attached Thumbnails
All Vegetable Gardening-image.jpg  

Old 11-14-2014, 08:47 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,699,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotsdamBear83 View Post
Well, that's it. All the eggplant is done. I still have one spaghetti squash left on the vine, but the temperatures this week will probably do it in. It was a great summer garden!
Wow, those are some beautiful eggplants, especially for mid-November! Is it normal for you to still be harvesting warm season crops this late into the season?

Nice job!

Old 11-14-2014, 07:51 PM

185 posts, read 245,399 times
Pots, eggplant is not my fav ...but u grew some beauties.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:04 PM

Its the first year I've tried eggplant, so I'm not sure what's normal. The weather certainly has been mild. We had our first freeze last night, so the eggplant and spaghetti squash plans all died. Looking forward to some winter lettuce in the green house!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:50 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
MMM Lettuce! One day I'll have someplace to grow lettuce in the winter. It is FREEZING where I am and boy did that bring the season to an abrupt end. I still 4 saplings to plant, but I'm probably going to have to "heel them in" or something near the house.

In the veggie garden my rutabagas look good, and I'll be covering them with more straw TODAY. It has gotten cold so suddenly that I'm kind of caught off guard. I'm also behind in planting my garlic. When I went out today to transplant some other stuff (Yes I know it is late), the dirt was frozen! Soooo hopefully I can still plant my garlic since I put hay on the bed...Hope it's not frozen.

My poor dead okra and other things are still in the garden...waiting to be composted. Well at least winter will give me a chance to rest my aching body ;D and plan for next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden