Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
That letter is HILARIOUS!!

I would have framed it too.

My family had some characters like this but nothing written down to memorialize their tifts and sarcasm and threats lol.

I do have a love letter that my great grandmother wrote to my great grandfather during WW2 that my mom recently found in a box of stuff she took from great grandma's house after she died. It is a very sweet, beautiful letter and made me tear up.

Wish I had some that showed her sharpness like yours because she was kind of a trip lol. I speak to old ladies who are still alive who went to the same church they did and none of them liked her. She used to tell me how many of the old ladies always wanted to steal my grandpa from her so she treated them like they deserved - like sh*t lol. All of them spoke of how nice grandpa was and how she was kind of a b**ch. She really was but she loved grandpa. They were married for almost 64 years when he passed away.
Awwww, that's a cute synopsis of your grandmother! I mean, now it is (like that letter I framed - probably funnier with the distance of time!).

I wonder if you could frame the letter you found?

My mom did something sweet for me many years after my grandmother had died - she gave me a box of every letter I'd ever written to my grandmother! Now that was a lot because ever since I was a very young child, my parents had expected me to write my grandmother (who I loved dearly) about once a month, so I did it. And she had saved every letter! Eventually my mom had gone through all those letters from my brothers and me and divvied up a box for each of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 11:33 AM

82 posts, read 84,136 times
Since my mother grew up in a foster home, I never knew what my ancestry was. It was a let down as well as a revelation when I finally was able to order a 23andMe report to finally have some of the puzzle pieces fit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy