Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 AM

108 posts, read 100,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
Suggest you reconsider moving in spring/early summer. That's when most moves occur and all moving companies double or treble their prices.

As you research moving companies or other moving methods (U-Haul, PODS, etc.), check to see when their prime seasons are. When you choose the moving method, stay outside that prime season so it won't be so horribly expensive.
Good advice, it depends on when the school year starts and ends. I haven't the first clue of an estimated cost and they don't quote without an in home estimate and I don't want to waste anyone's time at this point. I just want to know what to budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 09:02 AM

108 posts, read 100,288 times
[quote=Frihed89;49139210]When I moved my family from WA to CO, we rented a small home for a year while we looked for a place to buy. This enabled us to get more familiar with the housing market and take our time to pick out the best option, which changed over time. When we made the final move to our dream home about a year later, it all paid off.

Good Point, I'm hoping the scheduled neighborhood tour with a realtor this upcoming March will help figure this out a bit more..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues