Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:01 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times

Advertisements

bummer....hope you left that girl behind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ah...but I didn't get "everything". Some stuff ended up being left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:32 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,181,094 times
When I got the call from Lefty that Big Frank had ordered the hit, I had about 20 minutes to grab everything I needed. I knew I wouldn't be able to return home, but I got quite a bit packed.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
Ah...these stories all make me look like I've had a year to pack! Last year, my husband got a job offer the week before Christmas; we were spending over a week at my parents eight hours away, so there was basically two weeks gone...They wanted him to start at the end of January, but we said no way! We had to not only pack, but figure out how we were going to transport everything 2,000 miles and find a rental house down there. Anyhow, we put it off by two weeks.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:28 PM

349 posts, read 887,489 times
Default 2 hours - shortest time

A situation where I had to leave a live-in relationship while he was at work - stressful - that was done w/movers in under 2 hours (1 bed apt - all the furniture except the bedroom).

I'm restless and don't always like where I am once I am there! I've moved as many times as I am old; nearly 40 times. Long stories, all of them

Moved to L.A. twice, last time was the fastest - 2 weeks to move a 1 bedroom apt. and drove. I was rushed there and in a rush on the way back., but no worse for the wear.

Moving is my least favorite thing, ever. I hope to only have to do it maybe one - two more times. Please no more than that!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,786 times
We showed our house on a Sunday. Out of the blue. We did not have house listed nor did we expect anyone to come looking at that time. We had just gotten home the night before from being gone for several days. Signed papers on Monday under contract. Deal closed on Friday and we were out on Saturday. We did take another week to get the cow, mules and horse moved. I had to build some new and repair some old fence at the house we moved to.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM

289 posts, read 569,640 times
It wasn't me but back in 2006 my brother, his wife, 5mt old son, 4 full-grown pit bulls, 2 other full grown dogs, & 7, 5 day old puppies moved from in less than 2 days. It was only about a 120 mile move from Hendersonville TN to home & I did get the "pleasure" of helping. But it was pretty stressful.

On that Wednesday my brother drove 1 car & 1 dog home & then after I got off at 12pm from a 12 hour shift, he & I drove my moms truck back up there & stopped at the local U-Haul place. We finally made it to his house around 4pm. He & his wife had been packing for about 2 days, but still had a butt load left to pack.

The next day, on Thursday,about 11am my brother piled into the u-haul with 2 of the pitts & the 7 puppies in the cab. His other pit & begal were in the back of the u-Haul in kennals. I followed him in my moms truck with a car motor, dog house, & some other crap in the bed of the truck. And his wife followed me with the other dog & the baby in her car.

We made a real cute little train driving through Nashville & along I-40 on the way home. And what really sucked for me was that I had to work a 12 hours shift that Thursday night after we all got back home.

Oh, and I forgot about the 55gal freshwater aquariumn full of fish.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 PM

oh my gosh!! LOL@your narration of it though I'm sure it was stressful at the time.
and an aquarium too??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerafaith View Post
It wasn't me but back in 2006 my brother, his wife, 5mt old son, 4 full-grown pit bulls, 2 other full grown dogs, & 7, 5 day old puppies moved from in less than 2 days. It was only about a 120 mile move from Hendersonville TN to home & I did get the "pleasure" of helping. But it was pretty stressful.

On that Wednesday my brother drove 1 car & 1 dog home & then after I got off at 12pm from a 12 hour shift, he & I drove my moms truck back up there & stopped at the local U-Haul place. We finally made it to his house around 4pm. He & his wife had been packing for about 2 days, but still had a butt load left to pack.

The next day, on Thursday,about 11am my brother piled into the u-haul with 2 of the pitts & the 7 puppies in the cab. His other pit & begal were in the back of the u-Haul in kennals. I followed him in my moms truck with a car motor, dog house, & some other crap in the bed of the truck. And his wife followed me with the other dog & the baby in her car.

We made a real cute little train driving through Nashville & along I-40 on the way home. And what really sucked for me was that I had to work a 12 hours shift that Thursday night after we all got back home.

Oh, and I forgot about the 55gal freshwater aquariumn full of fish.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:22 PM

156 posts, read 721,659 times
My house sold a over month ago, but the buyers have had trouble getting their mortgage...so last week it was off, and now it is ON. The closing is Oct.30, so I have 8days to pack!!!YIKES, wish me luck.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 PM

you can do it!! good luck....and if you are reading this---get offline and go pack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriegirl View Post
My house sold a over month ago, but the buyers have had trouble getting their mortgage...so last week it was off, and now it is ON. The closing is Oct.30, so I have 8days to pack!!!YIKES, wish me luck.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
I moved a completely full 2 br apt. in less than 2 hours. That was 21 years ago and I was skipping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues