Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 03:32 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times

Advertisements

I settled on Pods because they actually COME here.

ABF will only give you three days to load, no dice there.

PackRat was two thousand dollars higher than Pods.

Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 12:37 PM

500 posts, read 1,174,066 times
It's getting more real!

I'm getting my house ready to list in the next month or two, and once it's gone, will be living in a temporary apartment until I can land a job in Tampa Bay (hopefully Pinellas County).

Today I had people come measure my two last bedrooms for carpet, made an appointment to get my air vents cleaned out, and scheduled a Painting Party on Facebook for next week to get help painting everything.

The houses in my neighborhood are coming on the market for a higher price more in line with what I need to get to break even with paying off the loan and the realtor, so hopefully this is going to work!

Old 07-14-2015, 02:06 PM

Best wishes, jones!!!!!!!

What kind of job are you looking for?

Packed two more boxes today.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:43 PM

500 posts, read 1,174,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Best wishes, jones!!!!!!!

What kind of job are you looking for?

Packed two more boxes today.

I am an assistant property manager for an apartment community.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:09 AM

768 posts, read 718,778 times
[quote=CCc girl;40372757]NOLA, be good to yourself. Open that wine.

You are correct, the house looks like a war zone. I have 40 boxes packed so far. And that's just the two china closets and some dishes! I have blown through 400 feet of bubble wrap so far.

Today we had good intensions of going up to the shop and taking photos of some old Cub parts for ebay. We decided to take a short road trip up to the lake b/c DH hasn't been out of the house for awhile since the pneumonia.

Well, our neighbors were out in the yard so we stopped to say hello, which turned out to an hour or so of the boys conversing with DH and me hanging out with momma. She wanted to give me a bottle of wine in exchange for the huge TV I gave her DH. I told her no, open the damn thing and let's hoist one.

They are in their eighties and Lord knows when the next time will be that we enjoy their company. I'm glad we stopped. Came home and napped for an hour. It was worth it. The stuff up in the shop will be there tomorrow. Our neighbors might not, and we love them dearly.[/QUOT

NOLA~ You amaze me!!! You have so much to contend with, it boggles my mind! 50 tractors?? I understand what choice do you have & that it has to be done, along with who else is gonna do it... But, I would be so completely overwhelmed, I would become paralyzed, I do believe! Yet you keep plugging along, never complaining about the volume nor the magnitude of what you're up against! From what I've read about this move, I believe it may be the longest lasting move in the USA! Good Luck to you NORA. I have great admiration for you.

And CCc girl~ Your move seems to be almost as brutal! It's good you've discovered NOLA & you have one another as well as others on this site for moral support & understanding.

My move has stopped mid-stream for now. But it's no biggie compared to what the two of you have had to & continue to endure!

I turn to you for inspiration! Thank you.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:52 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,940,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
[...]
NOLA~ You amaze me!!! You have so much to contend with, it boggles my mind! 50 tractors?? I understand what choice do you have & that it has to be done, along with who else is gonna do it... But, I would be so completely overwhelmed, I would become paralyzed, I do believe! Yet you keep plugging along, never complaining about the volume nor the magnitude of what you're up against! From what I've read about this move, I believe it may be the longest lasting move in the USA! Good Luck to you NORA. I have great admiration for you.[...]
It's not me that has tractors, it's CCc Girl! I don't know how she does it either, plus she has been selling so much on e-bay too.

I live in the city and just had the usual house full of stuff. I am all moved in by now, and yesterday I got an offer on my old house! If they accept the counter-offer this would be a dream come true for me. Not that it's such a high offer, but I wouldn't have to worry about all the maintenance and upkeep on that house any more once it is sold. I would feel that my move was finally complete.

Other than that, I am just trying to recover from the move, which was a lot of work as we all know. My handyman is making a few changes to my new house for me, to "make the house mine" as they say. I am only about half unpacked, but R&R comes first for me since the move wore me out. I have a list of box numbers and what is in each box, so whenever I need something I can find it and then unpack that box. I love my brand new LG washer and dryer now that they are finally installed and working.

Everything about my new-to-me house is better than I had thought. We are having a heat wave (New Orleans in July is like that), and the air conditioning has been able to keep up with it, which is saying a lot. The neighborhood is quiet and nice. I am so happy here.

Last edited by NOLA2SGF; 07-15-2015 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
I am an assistant property manager for an apartment community.
you are in need!!!!!!!!

tampa bay jobs "property" - craigslist

Old 07-15-2015, 12:15 PM

LOL NanSea, I pray a lot. We're only moving about thirteen tractors. They are little guys, Cub Cadet garden tractors from the sixties.

My Pod is here. I can honestly say that everyone I have dealt with at their company has been five star.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:22 PM

Today I reserved a car trailer for step DD and future ex son in law (joke) for Monday. They will be taking the giant old Benz to CT, where with our blessing they will sell it, trade it, part it, drive it or do some good with it. That was the deal that my mom made with me when she gave it to me, it's only fitting that it gets handed down.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,940,853 times
That's great, Ccc Girl!!! I'm sure they will be thrilled to get it, and it is one less thing for you to deal with in this move. And, your mother's wishes were followed too.

I got an offer on my old house which I accepted today after a few counter offers back and forth. So now, I get to go through the usual real estate stress again, except that this time I don't have to move since I am already in the new house. It will be wonderful to be rid of that house so that I don't have to maintain two homes much longer.

Took my new keypad deadbolts and locking doorknobs to a locksmith, to get them re-keyed before my handyman installs them for me. Then I will only have to keep track of one key instead of 8 keys.

Also, got the address changed on my driver's license and car registration, and registered to vote in my new precinct.

It is SO HOT here this week. I am glad I moved two weeks ago and I am glad that the AC in my new-to-me house is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues