Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 PM

295 posts, read 296,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post

why dont we have thread on this massive loss of population in the north to the sunbelt and what created the the rust belt?
I've tried. It never works out. After about 10 pages, it turns into a flame war.

Check out the Forbes article I posted earlier. It's a good read on the migration.

But what I see is that if you watch the Northern states, what's happening is they are banking on immigrants for revenue, but the numbers don't add up. Then you have administrations like Cuomo that go after businesses like FanDuel or Time Warner to make up for it.

It's as if people are pretending it's not happening.

I'd love to have a great serious conversation on it, but I hate that it eventually leads to the same rhetoric over and over.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The southern states along the eastern seaboard. 2012 pres election

VA- -57% DEM 48% REP

NC 51% REP 48% DEM

SC 51% REP 44% DEM

GA 53% REP 45% DEM

FLA 50% DEM 49% REP

YIKES... DAT AIN"T red or blue dats PURPLE YIKES!

Anyway to act as voting red is a bad thing is is ridiculous. Are you one that thinks everyone should voters like you? This is America not a communist country.
I said most southern states vote red..... I never said all. GA, SC and NC are all still solid red states especially SC and GA. So again nice try. Ummmmmm yeah Florida is purple and so is Virginia.

Yeah YIKES. You don't seem to read and comprehend what I say very well. I said MOST not all. Also when did I ever say voting red was a bad thing the heck??? lol. How did you even come with that conclusion? Delusional smh.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:52 PM

What's with this new generation that seems to believe a republican won't win anymore. Really, they seem to think Bernie has a shot. It's odd to me.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:54 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
I said most southern states vote red..... I never said all. GA, SC and NC are all still solid red states especially SC and GA. So again nice try. Ummmmmm yeah Florida is purple and so is Virginia.

Yeah YIKES. You don't seem to read and comprehend what I say very well. I said MOST not all. Also when did I ever say voting red was a bad thing the heck??? lol. How did you even come with that conclusion? Delusional smh.

You need to study more on the subject. You might learn something. Look at the percentage and tell me that SC, NC, And, GA voted solid red. Oh, that's right you can't because anyone can see it's not solid red. I comprehend just fine. Your statements are not correct.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:59 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
You need to study more on the subject. You might learn something. Look at the percentage and tell me that SC, NC, And, GA voted solid red. I comprehend just fine. Your statements are not correct.
I think by "solid red," it is meant that they aren't swing states. I think NC still has the potential to swing, but as of now, GA and SC aren't swing states. I think GA will get there within 16-20 years though. I don't foresee it for SC anytime in the near future.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I think by "solid red," it is meant that they aren't swing states. I think NC still has the potential to swing, but as of now, GA and SC aren't swing states. I think GA will get there within 16-20 years though. I don't foresee it for SC anytime in the near future.
SC is the James Dean of states. Flies by its own rules!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:07 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
I've tried. It never works out. After about 10 pages, it turns into a flame war.

Check out the Forbes article I posted earlier. It's a good read on the migration.

But what I see is that if you watch the Northern states, what's happening is they are banking on immigrants for revenue, but the numbers don't add up. Then you have administrations like Cuomo that go after businesses like FanDuel or Time Warner to make up for it.

It's as if people are pretending it's not happening.

I'd love to have a great serious conversation on it, but I hate that it eventually leads to the same rhetoric over and over.
I could easily see that. It is the greatest demographic change in our nations history and it is odd that people never seem to want to look at what could make their regions more competitive but this forum is alot of boosterism and regional cheerleaderism and city opinions and not much city data or rational and objective dialogue or realism.

The massive demographic changes are happening every year, there is a major loss to the northeast and upper midwest population and large shifts to the south and sunbelt happening year after year, and it is going to have major consequences for our nations future.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

It is his intent to try and make the south look bad. The way he flings red state around like it is something to be ashamed of it plain ridiculous.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
SC is the James Dean of states. Flies by its own rules!

And they don't give a damn if anyone likes it or not

Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
It is his intent to try and make the south look bad. The way he flings red state around like it is something to be ashamed of it plain ridiculous.
And it really is a valid point, but that's another discussion for another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.