Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:52 PM

122 posts, read 379,973 times

Advertisements

I just read a list that just doesn't seem right, that said, I thought maybe city data could provide a better opinions on this subject. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,329,664 times
Most lists aren't right. Any growing or large city is good for blacks.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy View Post
I just read a list that just doesn't seem right, that said, I thought maybe city data could provide a better opinions on this subject. Thanks in advance.
Umm....where is the list???

Old 06-04-2011, 02:27 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Umm....where is the list???
yeah, I wanna see it too.

anyway, everyone is different. Who knows what is best for another. People need to stop letting people tell them where is best for them.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM

195 posts, read 250,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
So all large cities are good for Blacks ? Even the ones where a high percentage of Blacks live in the ghetto ?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:17 PM

316 posts, read 560,532 times
I really don't understand the fascination of which city are the best for a certain race group.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:25 PM

963 posts, read 2,411,918 times
Quote:
Especially if you can land a sweet job there. For the right gig, my black $#^ would be high-tailing it to Bozeman, Montana, and loving every second of it. The funny thing about income, especially if there's lots of it involved: if I miss my people, hopping a value jet to Atlanta (y'know, the world-class center of the universe, the place where matter and anti-matter chill at the same bar, the place where all good in the universe flows from, all because it's world-class, unlike those cranky New Yorkers or sexually avant garde brainiacs from the Bay Area) is cheap and easy.

These kinds of threads are soooo goood. I wond what the best city for a Kazakh might be? I have a good frind who is Kazakh, his wife is Spanish (Castillan). She's got a doctorate in something or another, he owns a couple small businesses. They're cheerful cheerful people, big cinema aficionados, have the cutest kid, with the hippest parents in the world. And not 'tryna be hip' parents - but really: very cool people into lots of cool stuff, because that's how they are. This area - Triangle/RTP North Carolina seems like the perfect place for them. But could the - God forbid - be missing out on some other ideal destination:?:!?: the greater Midland-Odessa Metropolitan area of Texas for example, or how about someplace like Buffalo, Wyoming.

Makes ya think, don't it?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,329,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nostalgia Critic View Post
So all large cities are good for Blacks ? Even the ones where a high percentage of Blacks live in the ghetto ?
When blacks normally move to a larger city, they tend not to move to the ghetto. At least no one in my family or friends have moved in the ghettos of another city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidals View Post
Especially if you can land a sweet job there. For the right gig, my black $#^ would be high-tailing it to Bozeman, Montana, and loving every second of it. The funny thing about income, especially if there's lots of it involved: if I miss my people, hopping a value jet to Atlanta (y'know, the world-class center of the universe, the place where matter and anti-matter chill at the same bar, the place where all good in the universe flows from, all because it's world-class, unlike those cranky New Yorkers or sexually avant garde brainiacs from the Bay Area) is cheap and easy.

These kinds of threads are soooo goood. I wond what the best city for a Kazakh might be? I have a good frind who

is Kazakh, his wife is Spanish (Castillan). She's got a doctorate in something or another, he owns a couple small businesses. They're cheerful cheerful people, big cinema aficionados, have the cutest kid, with the hippest parents in the world. And not 'tryna be hip' parents - but really: very cool people into lots of cool stuff, because that's how they are. This area - Triangle/RTP North Carolina seems like the perfect place for them. But could the - God forbid - be missing out on some other ideal destination:?:!?: the greater Midland-Odessa Metropolitan area of Texas for example, or how about someplace like Buffalo, Wyoming.

Makes ya think, don't it?
You lost me on the second paragraph. But yes when you move and get a larger salary, life gets much better.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:37 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy View Post
Best cities for Blacks off the top of my head:

DC
Atlanta
Houston
Chicago
Dallas

Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 PM

195 posts, read 250,658 times
Quote:
When blacks normally move to a larger city, they tend not to move to the ghetto. At least no one in my family or friends have moved in the ghettos of another city.

You lost me on the second paragraph. But yes when you move and get a larger salary, life gets much better.
Most Blacks living in the Northern cities have family roots back in the South. That also includes Blacks who live in the ghettos of Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc. So yes a lot of Blacks who move to a larger city do move to the ghettos of that larger city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.