Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 PM

291 posts, read 688,995 times

Advertisements

African American Men are the best athletes here in the United States. Most of the black guys in this country play Football and not soccer. Soccer is for nerdy white kids and for kids who are not good enough to compete against the black guys at football or basketball. If black guys played soccer they would dominate soccer just like they dominate football and basketball. We have to have atleast one sport for nerdy white kids to play. So soccer allows the dorky white kids a chance to play a sport. The best athletes in the world play football and basketball. After football and basketball it's baseball. Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Jim Brown, Jackie Robinson, ect. The list goes on and on. Also, once football season starts in September, most people won't give a crap about soccer. It seems like the only time I have to listen to these nerds talking about soccer is during the football offseason when people are bored out their minds and there is nothing else better to talk about. I do agree however that there is a need for soccer because this country is full of nerds. It's kind of like what the wealthy say about stupid people. They say that the world needs ditch-diggers too. So the cool American people can have football and the dorky nerds can have their soccer. Everyone is happy I guess. But don't think for a minute that soccer will ever come close to taking over football in this country. That won't ever happen. The NFL is too strong. Soccer is #1 in the rest of the world. However, I don't care how popular soccer is with the rest of the world. If I did I would move to Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
^^^ This isn't gonna go well....

Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Oh lord, not this sh*t again....

FACT: being the most popular does NOT mean it's the greatest. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are two of the most popular pop singers on the planet. Does that mean they are the greatest singers?

And just to pull this back on the title of the thread so you don't get up in arms about me going off topic, the biggest SOCCER hotspots in the U.S. are the Pacific NW, New York, Chicago, K.C., and L.A.

Who said Texas?
The youth soccer organization there is huge, established, and very well-developed.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:43 AM

800 posts, read 781,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyFootballGuy View Post
African American Men are the best athletes here in the United States. Most of the black guys in this country play Football and not soccer. Soccer is for nerdy white kids and for kids who are not good enough to compete against the black guys at football or basketball. If black guys played soccer they would dominate soccer just like they dominate football and basketball. We have to have atleast one sport for nerdy white kids to play. So soccer allows the dorky white kids a chance to play a sport. The best athletes in the world play football and basketball. After football and basketball it's baseball. Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Jim Brown, Jackie Robinson, ect. The list goes on and on. Also, once football season starts in September, most people won't give a crap about soccer. It seems like the only time I have to listen to these nerds talking about soccer is during the football offseason when people are bored out their minds and there is nothing else better to talk about. I do agree however that there is a need for soccer because this country is full of nerds. It's kind of like what the wealthy say about stupid people. They say that the world needs ditch-diggers too. So the cool American people can have football and the dorky nerds can have their soccer. Everyone is happy I guess. But don't think for a minute that soccer will ever come close to taking over football in this country. That won't ever happen. The NFL is too strong. Soccer is #1 in the rest of the world. However, I don't care how popular soccer is with the rest of the world. If I did I would move to Europe.

Lord where do I begin with this?

First off the best athletes in the world?

According to whom?

I believe the best athletes in the world are hockey players and they are way tougher than any of the black athletes you mentioned to boot.

I would love to see all of those athletes play soccer, none of them would be in good enough shape to keep. Even when Chad Ochocinco tried to play MLS he couldn't even make the reserves, and thats the MLS. Also, soccer players are much more highly regarded in the world than any of the players you mentioned and much better role models too.

Cool American people? Seriously? At least in my high school there were cool football and soccer players. Really the only "cool" sport would be lacrosse at my high school, which also requires more athletic skill and toughness than football and especially basketball.

Unfortunately, many of the white and nerdy communities or white and wealthy/successful depending on how you look at it, value different sports like hockey and lax over basketball and its a split between soccer and football, its not because white people aren't good enough. Most of the top paid NFL players are white so that whole line of crock is bunk

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Lord where do I begin with this?

First off the best athletes in the world?

According to whom?

I believe the best athletes in the world are hockey players and they are way tougher than any of the black athletes you mentioned to boot.
I was going to talk about how stupid the earlier post was, but this is beyond idiotic. The speed, strength and general athleticism of hockey players pales in comparison to those who play in the NFL. While I consider soccer players the best pure athletes on Earth, in terms of speed and strength, nothing comes close to football players - black, white or other.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:38 PM

[quote=Lucario;20479181]
Quote:

I was going to talk about how stupid the earlier post was, but this is beyond idiotic. The speed, strength and general athleticism of hockey players pales in comparison to those who play in the NFL. While I consider soccer players the best pure athletes on Earth, in terms of speed and strength, nothing comes close to football players - black, white or other.
Have you ever played hockey?

I've played soccer all of my life and trust me you have to be in just as good of shape to play hockey, if not more so, because hockey is incredibly physical. I can't stress how difficult and physically demanding hockey is, but while I put soccer over football, both hockey and lacrosse combine the endurance aspect of soccer with the physicality of football.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post

Have you ever played hockey?
Yes.

Quote:

I've played soccer all of my life and trust me you have to be in just as good of shape to play hockey, if not more so, because hockey is incredibly physical. I can't stress how difficult and physically demanding hockey is, but while I put soccer over football, both hockey and lacrosse combine the endurance aspect of soccer with the physicality of football.
Have you ever played football?

In terms of absolute physicality, hockey doesn't even begin to compare to football. Hockey is very physically demanding and takes lots of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, but the hits given and taken in football are only very occasionally seen in hockey.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The youth soccer organization there is huge, established, and very well-developed.
Ok, what about the higher levels?

Because I grew up here in Texas. My entire life, I've never seen soccer to be big here on a pro or even high school level in any town... maybe with the exception of Houston, but that's it. Youth soccer may be big, but it dies down as the kids get older. Trust me.

If we are talking soccer CULTURE, than it's really no where to be found here.... again, maybe with the exception of Houston.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes.

Have you ever played football?

In terms of absolute physicality, hockey doesn't even begin to compare to football. Hockey is very physically demanding and takes lots of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, but the hits given and taken in football are only very occasionally seen in hockey.

Those big time hits aren't seen in football as much as you'd think either. Also the NHL plays 4 games a week over a much longer season than the NFL does. The combination of the extreme conditioning, physicality, and number of games NHL players compare to NFL players makes me put them above NFL players, not even counting in the technical stick skills which football has nothing comparable.

While I agree that in football there is a lot of brute strength and raw speed, simple physical characteristics does not make someone necessarily athletic, its the blending of those characteristics, and I feel sports like soccer, lacrosse, and hockey blend the raw physical attributes with the technical attributes better than any other sports.

Last edited by CincyIU29; 08-16-2011 at 02:35 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 04:24 PM

679 posts, read 660,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyFootballGuy View Post
You do know the MLS has many black athletes too right? Also if the African American community is so athletic than why do they suffer from severe cases of obesity?

Sorry but you sound very insecure and ignorant. DEM NERDS WONT TAKE OVER MY FAVORITE SPORT BECAUSE ONLY DAH KOOL KIDS PLAY IT.

Really, it's no wonder why this nation is viewed as narrow minded, ignorant saps.

We have people here who barely mature out of high school and still think there is such a thing as the "cool" kids and "nerd" kids.

Like I said before it only proves you insecurities that you have to put up these out of date stereotypes to make your points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.