Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What part of the US has the worst weather?
the Northeast 61 10.66%
the Midwest 208 36.36%
the South 174 30.42%
the Rockies 14 2.45%
the Southwest 52 9.09%
the Pacific Northwest 45 7.87%
California 18 3.15%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 AM

676 posts, read 648,486 times

Advertisements

A couple of climate types are missing here, Alaska (subarctic) and Hawaii/US Territories (tropical rainforest) that would've probably won some votes on either end of the spectrum. The US is extraordinarily diverse, almost the entire world's Koppen classifications are here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 12:50 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
PNW. The cool, damp, dank, cloudy, rainy, muddy climate is the most miserable in the U.S., IMO.
Actually there are areas of the PNW that are quite dry with little average precipitation. Clouds are only an issue if you have a severe Vitamin D deficiency and take no supplements. Also, most areas are an hour drive to mountain trails, snow, and skiing in the winter, unlike many areas of the US that lack anything nearby that has striking scencery.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:48 PM

1,351 posts, read 896,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Actually there are areas of the PNW that are quite dry with little average precipitation. Clouds are only an issue if you have a severe Vitamin D deficiency and take no supplements. Also, most areas are an hour drive to mountain trails, snow, and skiing in the winter, unlike many areas of the US that lack anything nearby that has striking scencery.
Nah. People generally like sun. It's not a big deal to you, and that's great for you. This isn't universal.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:29 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightleopard654 View Post
I'd say Arizona. Between the extreme heat, lack of rain, and frequent dust-storms, it's about the last place I could live.

Yeah, but it is a dry heat and the rain falls in summer... I live in the Great Basin portion of Washington state. Technically, it is not part of the Pacific Northwest weather pattern.

Yeah, its just as hot here as in Arizona during much of the year.

I did have a concern when I bought my property in the Tucson area. I wasn't sure I could handle all the rain that Tucson gets, but fortunately most of it falls during the summer when I am back in eastern Washington.

I really hate rain. Last summer was just glorious!!! NOT a DROP of RAIN the entire summer!!!! ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DAYS straight without rain in my part of eastern Washington.

Can't do that in Tucson.

The worst weather is Alaska. Close second is west of the Cascades in Washington and Oregon. It actually ties New England for cloudy weather which is awful

Next on the list is the the humidity east of the Missouri River. Can't handle that.

Give me sun and sage any day. I can handle snow, if its sunny. I don't want to live very far away from sage.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I don't like dry climates - besides being rougher on skin, I get nosebleeds and go through chap stick like crazy! I want some humidity, frankly, and some storms too, the bigger the better.

I also really dislike ice and snow for months on end and I also don't like lots of gloomy overcast days. I don't mind partly cloudy though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.