Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 PM

416 posts, read 701,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
You just always need the last word, don't you? Unbelievable.
Have you read your posts? I never said "good bye", you did. Yet, you continue by attacking me in this very thread and other threads and sending me private messages. You're "unbelievable"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,863,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
Have you read your posts? I never said "good bye", you did. Yet, you continue by attacking me in this very thread and other threads and sending me private messages. You're "unbelievable"!
How about you both switch this completely to private messages. Better private than arguing on a public thread. This is a thread about land elevation. Not mood elevation. Two pages have already been taken up by this argument. Just... move it somewhere else.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Ah, I see, now you're trolling. so I have to be wrong all the time. Buzz off...nobody invited you to this party. You are on some high end mission to make Cleveland not at all Midwestern and purely Northeastern, in with the Bos-Wash. So don't tell me about Fargo-Cleveland comparisons when your best case is grouping Cleveland with cities that are at best borderline-Northeastern. And you also go on to say that Cleveland is nothing like Detroit or Chicago...it's an endless swamp of b/s.

And if her opinion is different from mine, I'm supposed to think she's right? You live in a warped world. Good-bye.
Well, I would hope you would consider the fact that I have experience living in both places before writing me off as "wrong."

The fact that there are not many trees (outside the hills) and it's not lush and green, the fact that it is a small metro, and the fact that it is isolated is just that....fact. The OP is free to come back and disagree, but based on the first post I don't think this area is what they are looking for.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:57 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,094,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Well, I would hope you would consider the fact that I have experience living in both places before writing me off as "wrong."

The fact that there are not many trees (outside the hills) and it's not lush and green, the fact that it is a small metro, and the fact that it is isolated is just that....fact. The OP is free to come back and disagree, but based on the first post I don't think this area is what they are looking for.
Please check your personal messages...I sent you one...we are now in agreement.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Please check your personal messages...I sent you one...we are now in agreement.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:37 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,177 times
St. Louis and Cincinnati keep surfacing, and I'd say if you want to decide on a city you should pick between them. They're roughly equal in city population (slight edge to STL), with STL clearly winning metro size. If having "real" hills means anything, the (clear) edge for that goes to Cincinnati. Beats me, in terms of clouds. I don't know about STL's outdoorsy stuff, but I know Cincy has quite a bit (even in the city, there's a huge nature preserve called Mt. Airy Forest).

Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Just because it's not green, it can't be the Midwest? That's like saying just because Oklahoma and Texas are treeless prairie, they cant' be Southern. Based on one characteristic you think it's not the Midwest. Just when you can't jump to conclusions any quicker
Sorry to go off subject, but I lived here all my life and didn't know Oklahoma was a treeless prairie. I guess I learn something new every day!

By the way I took this picture last week while driving through the Ouachita Mountains of South Eastern Oklahoma.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM

13 posts, read 12,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Sorry to go off subject, but I lived here all my life and didn't know Oklahoma was a treeless prairie. I guess I learn something new every day!

By the way I took this picture last week while driving through the Ouachita Mountains of South Eastern Oklahoma.
I suspect he was referring to west of Oklahoma City.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,164,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
St. Louis and Cincinnati keep surfacing
Which is strange because St Louis, while an awesome city, is pretty flat.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM

13 posts, read 12,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Which is strange because St Louis, while an awesome city, is pretty flat.
South St. Louis areas such as The Hills are far from flat. When you go into the suburbs of St. Louis, the terrain is gently to moderately rolling. When you get to the southwest suburbs, like Eureka, it is EXTREMELY hilly. So St. Louis is definitely not what I'd describe as "pretty flat".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.